Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Dyche thinks we're moneybags Leicester, so he's going to rinse us for every penny. Does sound a lot of money for a centre half to sit on the bench.

Have you seen how often we will be playing at times during the season?

You are aware we also have EL games to play?

He won't be sat on the bench all season.

• Thanks 1

Pigeon “Rudders if you think I am flying up to Burnley with a contract for Tarkowski up my back passage you can go do one. It’s St Etienne or nothing - understood?” 

017282C1-589A-42EB-97E5-917EC37F2BFD.jpeg

3 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

If you really want to throw in a name that might tempt Burnley, you could try for Albrighton.  Erik Pieters is our right sided midfield player at the moment.

But I still don't think it would work!

ok deal get your people to contact ours please? in all seriousness a player exchange of sorts may work because you can value the deal to suit Burnley and pay less to his previous club. ( did I say that out loud :dry:) your boss tends to get the best out of players

13 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

The chairman insists on keeping money back for a rainy day and Dyche thinks he's not spending enough.  We don't need to raise money, but we haven't got lots to spare.

One reason we don't spend fortunes on new players is that we're pretty good at keeping the ones we've got.  Michael Keane was the last expensive departure that they would have preferred to keep, and crucially, that was when we had his replacement (Tarkowski) already at the club and had been for 18 months.  

I've just never understood why Dyche chooses to go on about it like every other team in the league has money and you don't. 

You've been in the PL for a while now, don't spend big and by all accounts look to be one of the beat run teams in the league... There is no way you are anywhere near skint. 

Spending moderately is an obvious choice and Dyche bangs on like you're the poor kids in class. 

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I've just never understood why Dyche chooses to go on about it like every other team in the league has money and you don't. 

You've been in the PL for a while now, don't spend big and by all accounts look to be one of the beat run teams in the league... There is no way you are anywhere near skint. 

Spending moderately is an obvious choice and Dyche bangs on like you're the poor kids in class. 

I think Rodgers is becoming the one that moans about we cannot compete? Always saying that the big teams have budgets we cannot compete with. Even if true does not paint the picture players want to hear.

Edited by Richardson

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

No way will we pay £8M more for a 28 year old Burnley defender than we did for Tielemans.

The thing is we got a really deal on Tielemans. 

I think it's a supply and demand issue here. There's a notable shortage of good quality central defenders with premier league experience. 

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Most of the rest of the league has rich owners putting the money in.

For example, Bournemouth have been spending about £40m per year more than Burnley, on wages and transfers, ever since they got promoted.  (Which is why they are skint now and why we could never compete with them on wages.  Not that Howe and Dyche go after the same players!)  And yourselves - your current owners have put close to £300m into the club.  There aren't a lot of clubs who can't wildly outspend us.

Edited by dsr-burnley
  • Like 1

Every time Burnley sign someone I think thats a typical Dyche signing. I think signing Albrighton would top the lot. 

I don't think a new centre back is guaranteed to be third choice automatically. I thought Evans deteriorated in the last part of the season, not enough to become shit but we'd certainly rotate. 

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

The thing is we got a really deal on Tielemans. 

I think it's a supply and demand issue here. There's a notable shortage of good quality central defenders with premier league experience. 

And he is proven at this level, would fit right in. English too

25 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

If you really want to throw in a name that might tempt Burnley, you could try for Albrighton.  Erik Pieters is our right sided midfield player at the moment.

But I still don't think it would work!

As much as he fits the mould, I’m not convinced he would take the pay cut. 

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Who starts out of him, Evans and Soy? Presuming that we don’t shift to 3 at the back.

I think with N’Didi now out until the new year, we’ll go 3 at the back. 

• Like 2

Just now, sdb said:

Tarkowski now and Forfana agreed for 2021? I'd do it if we could get them for £30m each. We only have 2 CBs really and one is going to slow up soon.

I would be happy with that, we have to rotate so what we have now will all get game time.

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We were 4 atb with ndidi playing as a cb, with evans coming in for him we're more defensively secure than previously so im dont see us switching to 3atb except for games against big 6

Agreed, no need to change from our 4-1-4-1. Mendy has done very well. Obviously we’ll need to rotate when the Europa starts but depending on the strength of our group we might be able to get away with Hamza at DM in Europe, to help keep Mendy fresh for PL games.