Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Don't rule out both.

Wouldn't surprise me.

I wonder if Evans is perhaps struggling a little, had a few knocks last season. Also signing both means we can switch to a three whenever we like. 

Also opens up the option to sign Fofana and loan him back, probably means we wouldn't have to pay them until next season either but secures him now at the right value. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dsr-burnley said:

West Ham apparently bid £26m to be paid over 6 years.  

The reason Burnley are holding out for £50m is because they don't want to sell.  not because they want to sell him for £35m.  He has a release clause of £50m that applies only to Liverpool, Man U, Man C, but Burnley would probably be willing to extend it to Leicester if you offered £50m  Obviously he would be interested in signing for Leicester because it would improve his chances of getting in the England squad (Southgate won't pick Burnley players) and would give him another go at Europe, but the deal is £50m.

What are Burnley likely to do with net £23m cash (after profit to Brentford) but only one centre half for the new season?  It would be lunacy to accept.

He’ll be going on a free transfer if you lot don’t start being realistic. 

If the option is sign Tarkowski or be left with no-one then do it. A solid Premier league experienced player who won't let us down, probably no sell on value but at 27 you'd think we have him during his best years. There is definitely worse out there. Unfortunately, that is what between £30m-£40m buys you when you buy from other Premier League clubs. 

3 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

The reason Burnley are holding out for £50m is because they don't want to sell.  not because they want to sell him for £35m.  He has a release clause of £50m that applies only to Liverpool, Man U, Man C, but Burnley would probably be willing to extend it to Leicester if you offered £50m  Obviously he would be interested in signing for Leicester because it would improve his chances of getting in the England squad (Southgate won't pick Burnley players) and would give him another go at Europe, but the deal is £50m.

What are Burnley likely to do with net £23m cash (after profit to Brentford) but only one centre half for the new season?  It would be lunacy to accept.

not a chance we pay that so they can watch his contract run down 

Just now, dsr-burnley said:

West Ham apparently bid £36m to be paid over 6 years.  

I agree completely, but these decisions are rarely 100% in the hands of the contract holder.

Without knowing the situation between Burnley and Tarkowski intimately its impossible to known what verbal commitments and assurances have passed.

Whilst I agree that it is Burnley's right to insist on the buyout value, a contract is but one point of discussion, albeit the primal one.

We saw ourselves how that allegedly panned out with Mahre'z assurance he would be sold. 

Its murky is my own suggestions.

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

He’ll be going on a free transfer if you lot don’t start being realistic. 

True.  But there is a school of thought that says materially decreasing your chances of stopping up can cost more than £23m.  Would Leicester sell say Vardy for £23m now, if they thought they'd be going on a free in 2 years?  I'd be surprised.

• Like 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

Realistically if we get an alternative this summer he'll sign a new contract at burnley, some leicester fans are so entitled...

He has suitors outside of Leicester you know? He will likely want to be in consideration for England.

33 minutes ago, surrifox said:

lol

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

#ITK

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is there a French edition of the telegraph ???

and @StanSP - your autocorrect went to  'pervy' ……….

20 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Pervy lol 

Ffs serves me right for typing without my glasses on lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I pray you are correct. Selling him and you would be staring at a relegation dog fight and then 23m now compared with your EPL income would be a total no-brainer.  

Reading between the lines when WHU were pursuing him, a bid of £31/32M with add-ons seemed likely to succeed. There's no way in hell he goes anywhere for £50m, and as others have pointed out, that release clause only applies to the NW Big 3. I don't think any reputable source has said 'Burnley are holding out for £50M'.

If we could get Tarks for about £32/33M with a few bob in add-ons, that'd be great business. Yes, it goes against the model, but there was little or no resale value in Wes, Huth or Simpson when we signed them, and that worked out fine. The model stays, but it can't be used for every purchase. Sometimes you need experience, players in their prime. This has always felt the better, safer option (than Fofana) for me. Just not as exciting!

As @The People's Hero has suggested, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we get Tarks & Little Wes, though any excitement at that possibility probably has to be tempered by a loan back arrangement for Fofana.

• Like 3