Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

6 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

30 million,  its a yes from me, get him in.

Wasn't it £20m yesterday?

For me the choice is between a good PL defender that will improve us instantly (Tarkowski) or a highly rated youngster that might take time to adapt and develop but potentially become a much better player with re sale value  (Fofana).

I still choose the latter but we need to address the problem soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Wasn't it £20m yesterday?

For me the choice is between a good PL defender that will improve us instantly (Tarkowski) or a highly rated youngster that might take time to adapt and develop but potentially become a much better player with re sale value  (Fofana).

I still choose the latter but we need to address the problem soon.

At this point im beyond caring which one. I’d be happy with either we just need bodies. If even take Nkoulou or even the young Brazilian lad Torino tried to flog us😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

If we can get him in the next week then he starts the first 2-3 games with Cags, that's an ideal opportunity for him to start in a four and then keep Evans out of the team.

Rodgers rarely keeps more than four CBs around, teams rarely use the fourth anyway unless they are injury prone like Man City's. He has Fuchs as fifth choice anyway.

Can’t see Burnley selling him before we play them .... not unless we want to make a knockout offer which we won’t 

Just now, sphericalfox said:

Can he play in a 3 though? If he can then great, otherwise he'll be rubbished as he tries to acclimatise in the first few months.

He can yes, he’s actually a very good footballer, he will have no issue at all fitting into a back three.

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Can he play in a 3 though? If he can then great, otherwise he'll be rubbished as he tries to acclimatise in the first few months.

I wonder who will be left of the 3. Cags looked a bit uncomfortable there at the back end of last season. 

Good player and £30 mill is the going rate these days for a decent English CB. My concern with this is in a back 4 only he or Evans could start, but he would improve us now rather than an waiting for unknown youngster to acclimatise. 

So £30 million for about as low risk a signing as you can hope for isn’t bad, and will hopefully get at least 5/6 good years out of him. 

18 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Agree but I doubt he’ll be coming as a backup

I think he starts in a back 4 but I’d imagine back 3 with wing backs is where we’re heading

I thunk this is why we have seen no moves for a right winger as we are not planning on playing with one we will probably look for another striker as back up instead 

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Burnley fans seem to be expectant of Tarkowski going, but seem convinced McNeil is staying.

Anyway, would be cruel to pay 60-70m to Burnley for both. Wtf would they do with it?

Yeah you'd assume it's one or the other, not both

• Like 1