Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baldeagle

Shakespeare

For all the great decisions we've made in recent times, making him full on gaffer was a huge mistake.

I'm still mad about that Arsenal away game season opener, winning late second half he takes a midfielder off for Kelechi when we couldn't hold onto the ball anyway. Three mins later we've lost the game after being well in it.

Anyway it's good to see him still going

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MickeyMouse said:

Aston Villa preparing for when they sack Smith.

I think when they do eventually sack Dean Smith which i kind of think will happen at some point soon they will then appoint Nigel Pearson as manager with Shakespeare as no 2!! Watford`s loss is Villa`s gain ! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

For all the great decisions we've made in recent times, making him full on gaffer was a huge mistake.

I'm still mad about that Arsenal away game season opener, winning late second half he takes a midfielder off for Kelechi when we couldn't hold onto the ball anyway. Three mins later we've lost the game after being well in it.

Anyway it's good to see him still going

fking hell, we beat Sevilla, and progressed to quarter final of the Champions League.

No manager at any club lasts for ever.

I am flabbergasted you could say that

13 minutes ago, nnickn said:

fking hell, we beat Sevilla, and progressed to quarter final of the Champions League.

No manager at any club lasts for ever.

I am flabbergasted you could say that

He is a coach or no.2, not a manager. We did the right thing in sacking Ranieri when we did and Shakey unleashed the dogs on Liverpool & Seville, but giving him a manager's contract into the next season was an error, it was obvious at the time.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, brucey said:

Apparently Shakey’s a villa fan :mellow: Good luck to him, wouldn’t have minded him back here as assistant

I thought he supported WBA.

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

They signed Rob Mackenzie As well ! That’s a cracker of a signing , Rob will do amazing as their head of recruitment 

He is the man that brought Esteban Cambiasso, Heung-Min Son and Riyad Mahrez to the Premier League 

How did we lose him???

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Agree with the first line, but if we had bought Puel in as manager in the summer of 2017 rather than give Shakey a contract I think possibly some of our players might have dwelled on the fact that Shakey wasn’t rewarded for turning things around and possibly a couple would’ve gone or downed tools etc. 

After how we started 17/18 it was obvious he’s not a manager and the players couldn’t really argue that we needed a change in our style at that point. 

Possibly might have, so hypothetically. It's not about rewarding staff either, if they've never been a manager or claimed to be why would an aspiring top club move to do make them so? In the interests of everyone to do with the club we should've made a better appointment, instead we wasted a summer on project Iborra, James & Adrien Silva and sacked the manager before the clocks went back.