Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dwight McNeil

50 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If he could shoot straight he’d be on about 28 goals for the season.

Thats his problem, he always shoots straight at the goalie, I honestly think he should try and blast them wide and he'd start hitting the back of the net more. Then when he does actually start carving them wide, he can go back to try to hone in on the target more, I have to do this with golf when I've got the vicious snap hooks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

We actually can.

There is money to spend regardless what some one here think.

The club is just biding its time 

I think the same, I was high in fever yesterday when ( that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it) lol the club know we need more depth and I’m sure things will make sense in the end 

Burnley players in general are not top of my list. They've been coached by Sean Dyche for years, and if they move on to another club they have to unlearn all that crap they were taught. Look at Michael Keane at Everton. He was taught to hoof it for years, and Everton fans quickly realised how limited he was. Solid pro, can head a ball and kick it onto row Z but if you want to play structural football from back to front, he is not your man.

McNeil is only 20 so he  an still be rescued but all he has ever learned is to try and beat his man or cross it early to the back post (see Chris Woods goal against us last season). What we want from our wide men is pass and move, two touch football in tight spaces. Can McNeil do that? I'm not sure. Never seen him do it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Koke said:

Burnley players in general are not top of my list. They've been coached by Sean Dyche for years, and if they move on to another club they have to unlearn all that crap they were taught. Look at Michael Keane at Everton. He was taught to hoof it for years, and Everton fans quickly realised how limited he was. Solid pro, can head a ball and kick it onto row Z but if you want to play structural football from back to front, he is not your man.

McNeil is only 20 so he  an still be rescued but all he has ever learned is to try and beat his man or cross it early to the back post (see Chris Woods goal against us last season). What we want from our wide men is pass and move, two touch football in tight spaces. Can McNeil do that? I'm not sure. Never seen him do it. 

..what we want from our wingers are to engage a defender and take him on!!!

No one in the team seems to believe they can beat a player one on one, they have no drive and continually check back to play the easy ball.

People on here crying out for Mahrez or a player like him, he wasn't about one or two touch football, he was greedy and believed every time he got the ball he could cause a team trouble, the only reason why he wasn't ridiculed was because he could do what he believed he could.

We need creativity in the team, we pass the ball enough as it is.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

If he could shoot straight he’d be on about 28 goals for the season.

That’s what will happen this season. Barnes has left on a football pilgrimage....... he will return a god amongst men, a goal machine eating assists for dinner, England’s saviour.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Koke said:

Thank you good sir.

this is exactly what I've been thinking and didn't know how to express it.

On top of that they are a properly tight fisted club and will force you to pay through the nose to buy any of their players.

I think we should avoid doing business with Burnley if alternatives are available, and they are.

• Like 1