Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Harry Maguire arrested

18 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Fair play to the coppers, I'd have 100% taken the bribe lol

They may well have been aware of who he was, and that witnesses could have later leaked that they had accepted bribes which would probably have cost them their jobs at least. Wouldn't be surprised if that entered into it, or they were just by-the-book

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Maguire has been withdrawn from the England squad now.

Perhaps we can reinstate all my deleted posts now saying it’s stupid to compare the two scenarios when he hadn’t yet been found guilty eh. Found guiltily and withdrawn from squad, as he should be.

5 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Baffling to include him with a verdict imminent. 

You can’t really punish someone who hasn’t been found guilty. Now he has, he’s been withdrawn. Innocent until proven guilty is always the correct way to go.

IMO it's two groups of lads had a few beers (or quite a few), had a little toss up and the police have waded in. I don't believe the Greek police story fully at all, but then I don't believe anything Maguire says about his sister being stabbed, drugged or there being an Albanian gangster. Maguire has made that has up to try and save his career. I definitely believe that one of the group offered to pay the coppers money, who wouldn't do that in that situation?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps we can reinstate all my deleted posts now saying it’s stupid to compare the two scenarios when he hadn’t yet been found guilty eh. Found guiltily and withdrawn from squad, as he should be.

I wouldn't have picked him full stop.

The excuse if he's not guilty is that his mind isn't focussed and he's a distraction to the squad at this time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Any other ex-pros and family members left to come out and say what a charming young (and definitely not violent) man, he is?

Surely keep some back in the locker? He's shot his load early.

Loads of journalists have, naturally.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Because no charming young man has ever been pissed and been a bit of a dick or got involved in trouble. Sickening seeing all these people come out and defend him when they know as much as the rest of us, **** all.

Imagine if the England fans had been involved in something like this- they'd have been called a national disgrace.

• Like 1