Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Matt Targett

45 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

That was pre-Congerton though. We're all about the Vestergaards and Ryan Bennetts now.

Why don’t we actually give Congerton a chance. I know his record is poor, but he’s clearly not yet had a chance to bring anyone in. Let’s get a few lads in, see how they perform then judge him from there.

37 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Why don’t we actually give Congerton a chance. I know his record is poor, but he’s clearly not yet had a chance to bring anyone in. Let’s get a few lads in, see how they perform then judge him from there.

Don't be so bloody sensible - BURN THE WITCH!.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Yeah, but it's not is it.... Its Matt Targett and we've all seen him play. 

Its a firm no from me. 

Pretty sure he ripped us a new one in one of the games against Villa this season.... 

• Haha 1

Christ no. Just because he scored against us doesn't mean we should sign him. My mates a Southampton fan and he said he was shite and worse than Bertrand. Imagine the uproar on here when we all thought we might get Tagliafico and we end up with Targett. If we cant get Tagliafico then we should target someone else. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Dont be ridiculous. This is foxestalk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Are we not allowed to judge signings before they play for us now?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Pretty sure he ripped us a new one in one of the games against Villa this season.... 

He also lost his place to Neil Taylor on a fair few occasions. Villa fans aren't even convinced they want to see him start next season and that tells you all you need to know.

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

This is the third transfer window since he joined the club. He didn't just wander through the door yesterday.

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This is the third transfer window since he joined the club. He didn't just wander through the door yesterday.

And of his 2 previous windows, one was pretty successful and the other we signed Bennett after our initial option did his ACL and second wouldn't have got a work permit

• Thanks 1

If it’s a case of Luke Thomas being 1st choice in 12/18 months time then a loan or cheaper alternative would make sense.

No point spending £30m on someone for them to be stuck on the bench the season after. 

If Thomas is the long term a £10m stop gap won’t be the end of the world 

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

If it’s a case of Luke Thomas being 1st choice in 12/18 months time then a loan or cheaper alternative would make sense.

No point spending £30m on someone for them to be stuck on the bench the season after. 

If Thomas is the long term a £10m stop gap won’t be the end of the world 

Assume he'll need 2 seasons in all honesty. A loan year, then slowly being incorporated in via cup games before he starts fully. 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And of his 2 previous windows, one was pretty successful and the other we signed Bennett after our initial option did his ACL and second wouldn't have got a work permit

He joined in May I believe. Most of the targets for the summer window should have already been identified. But I'll be generous. You can't give him Tielemans, so that leaves Perez, Justin and Praet. Reasonable.

We signed Ryan Bennett in January is the upshot, and between that and the fact we didnt sign anyone else the window had pretty bad consequences. There should have been 20 options better than Ryan Bennett, not 2 which you're speculating about anyway.

16 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

He joined in May I believe. Most of the targets for the summer window should have already been identified. But I'll be generous. You can't give him Tielemans, so that leaves Perez, Justin and Praet. Reasonable.

We signed Ryan Bennett in January is the upshot, and between that and the fact we didnt sign anyone else the window had pretty bad consequences. There should have been 20 options better than Ryan Bennett, not 2 which you're speculating about anyway.

So summer wasn't too bad, even excluding Tielemans. 

I included 2 January options as they were the 2 I was aware about, there were probably more or they didn't believe they were worth it. So Bennett on loan wasn't too bad. But we shouldn't have been so inactive with the other big areas we were missing in.

Edited by UniFox21

These links are becoming more underwhelming by the day. I think we should pay the money and risk Jamal Lewis to be the left-back and hopefully Fuchs can do a job for a decent amount of games if required.

• Like 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

None of those 3 will be in the starting 11 idealy and they cost 56 mil. Excluding tielemans that window was poor/below average.

No way was it poor. Justin is a talent that could be brilliant in the future, and has proven to be a decent signing. Praet, if he stays, will be more effective with fixture congestion. Perez had a decent contribution considering he was pushed out of his position. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

No way was it poor. Justin is a talent that could be brilliant in the future, and has proven to be a decent signing. Praet, if he stays, will be more effective with fixture congestion. Perez had a decent contribution considering he was pushed out of his position. 

50 mil spent on 3 bench players is not good business for a club our size tbh. I do like justin but the other 2 were just bad value.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

50 mil spent on 3 bench players is not good business for a club our size tbh. I do like justin but the other 2 were just bad value.

1 wasn't and hasn't been a bench player all year, so that point is irrelevant currently. £23mill on a future prospect and a damn good squad player is good business. 

• Like 4