Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Matt Targett

This would be the closest Congers could get to signing Ryan Bennett.  I would rather we went and offered Peter Rodrigues a new contract.  I will not sleep tonight now.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

£12m is the figure being muted ...

Cheap and not very cheerfull, although it could be argued that 12m is expensive for the player that he is. Villa would probably bang another 10m on top now anyway, cos they know we are desperate for a left back and have just pocketed 50m, and believe me if we really are in for him, then we are most certainly desperate and scraping the barrel!   Is this really where we are at now, worrying if true.

I think we will end up with someone of this ilk. we don’t want to buy someone who won’t sit on the bench 21/22 - if Thomas develops quickly then we don’t need a top quality LB and you don’t generally make a big investment signing as a stop gap. imagine Liverpool had bought trippier from spurs - he wouldn’t be happy with TAA picked ahead of him every week. clyne wasn’t ....... but two summers ago that could have happened. 

Losing Chilwell for him would be a monster step backwards. I’m hopeful that the media don’t know what’s going on regarding transfers. We’re starting to look desperate again. But then again if the lads didn’t shit their pants and put together some mediocre form, we wouldn’t be in this position. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Article says new contract, that’s the real purpose of it! 

Agreed - as a transfer it doesn't suit our trends of looking at players going into the final years of their current contracts.

This is his agent trying to improve his left backs deal in light of Chilwell getting a shiny new deal. I bet the agent even supplied the specially selected 'comparative to Chilwell' Opta stats that form part of the piece.