Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Matt Targett

3 hours ago, Sly said:

£12m is the figure being muted ...

That’s £2m less than they paid for him last summer supposedly.

This should hopefully be bollocks. Weren’t Villa the worst defence in the league last year, yet Mings is in the England squad and we’re rumoured to be spending millions on a clod hopper who’ll get sent off while playing for us with the type of challenges he routinely put in against us. 

• Like 1

We are linked with the left backs of the two worst teams defensively of last season.  Villa shipped 67 goals, beaten only by Norwich who made a sterling effort to concede 75 times.  Get it done Congers, then we can concentrate on bringing in Vestergaard and we'll be ready to go.

Seriously. I think we should relax, we are clearly being trolled.  You don't sell England's left back, pocket £50m and then replace him with Matt Targett.  It would be inexplicable.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, murphy said:

We are linked with the left backs of the two worst teams defensively of last season.  Villa shipped 67 goals, beaten only by Norwich who made a sterling effort to concede 75 times.  Get it done Congers, then we can concentrate on bringing in Vestergaard and we'll be ready to go.

Seriously. I think we should relax, we are clearly being trolled.  You don't sell England's left back, pocket £50m and then replace him with Matt Targett.  It would be inexplicable.

Unless the owners really are tightening the purse strings. Net spend over recent seasons has been very low as it is. Add the impact of Covid and the training ground loan and maybe we now have to accept that this kind of signing is the new normal.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

21 minutes ago, murphy said:

:appl:

52 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Logged in to see Targett and Rose mentioned. Good grief.

Can only assume this is a ploy to reduce the number of season ticket holders to make crowd social distancing logistics easier.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Bert said:

Agent talk to get him a new contract 

I don't get the logic of that.

Agent puts out false story that a club are interested in his client.  Agent asks Villa for pay rise to stay, due to interest elsewhere.  Villa say, nope, no one's been in touch, we've had no interest whatsoever.  Get back to work.

30 minutes ago, murphy said:

Agent puts out false story that a club are interested in his client.  Agent asks Villa for pay rise to stay, due to interest elsewhere.  Villa say, nope, no one's been in touch, we've had no interest whatsoever.  Get back to work.

Because buying clubs will always go to the player/agent first rather than the selling club regarding their interest

Yes it is basically tapping up but every club does it

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Agents generally know of interest before clubs, that’s why. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

This type of signing hasn't been in our MO for a long time. We're all about value and buying from another premier league club doesn't offer that, which is why we rarely ever do. 

That was pre-Congerton though. We're all about the Vestergaards and Ryan Bennetts now.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This isn't fact, it's pure conjecture before the fact. Let's wait and see what happens.

You're not sightly worried that with 2 weeks to go until our first game, we will probably have to start that game with a defence of Justin, Wes, Cags and Thomas - unless we actually make some signings? 

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You're not sightly worried that with 2 weeks to go until our first game, we will probably have to start that game with a defence of Justin, Wes, Cags and Thomas - unless we actually make some signings? 

I only realised yesterday that Evans is out. Completely forgot about that.

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

That's a totally different point to the one I was answering. Look, it is beyond my control - I have more important things to get wound up over.

34 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Horrific contrast to the elite level defence line up from last year's opener. 

Our collapse after lockdown was largely attributable to being without three first choice defenders and Maddison. And yet we are about to start the new season without three first choice defenders and Maddison. It's mismanagement on a collosal scale if not rectified in the next two weeks.

Edited by Paninistickers