Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Food that makes you gag

13 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Maryland is absolutely Susan, brother! Slap four quid on the counter and ask for a box of boneless and you'll eat like royalty for a week - rich royalty too. Obviously use the remaining quid in the fiver for a crisp 330ml of Miranda, oh baby it's like I'm on Laguna Beach just thinking about it

There were times I'd walk up to the one on the Narb at silly O'clock in the morning, just before they closed on a Friday or Saturday night, and slip the bloke behind the counter £10 for the remaining chicken that was due to be thrown out.

I was the chicken-god. Bursting through the door, clutching a bucket under each arm and presenting to my housemates a lifetime's worth of wings, spicy strips, chicken pieces and burgers. 

My bowels still haven't forgiven me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Gherkins are the bollocks. I ask for extra with my Maccies.

Fish and chips without vinegar is incomplete. This is science. 

Agreed, but unfortunately fish and chip shops don't use vinegar they use non brewed condiment, most people are happily letting the chippy liberally splash this shite all over your fav meal.

Be warned its evil.

18 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Maryland is absolutely Susan, brother! Slap four quid on the counter and ask for a box of boneless and you'll eat like royalty for a week - rich royalty too. Obviously use the remaining quid in the fiver for a crisp 330ml of Miranda, oh baby it's like I'm on Laguna Beach just thinking about it

Never agreed with something so much in my life. The 40 wings and chips for a fiver used to be my go-to. Strawberry Mirinda aswell, top shizz!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

There were times I'd walk up to the one on the Narb at silly O'clock in the morning, just before they closed on a Friday or Saturday night, and slip the bloke behind the counter £10 for the remaining chicken that was due to be thrown out.

I was the chicken-god. Bursting through the door, clutching a bucket under each arm and presenting to my housemates a lifetime's worth of wings, spicy strips, chicken pieces and burgers. 

My bowels still haven't forgiven me.

Don't eat Maryland anything less than piping hot unless you want your toilet bowl to look as though it's been jetwashed with Bovril.

Last time I did it, my ringpiece was like a Skyline brake light.

Edited by Bilo
  • Haha 4

Mozzerella cheese on pizza.

This has genuinely caused me to throw up on more than one occasion.  It seems to be OK going down, if a bit snotty, but give it a couple of minutes and my guts say nope, not having that and it's a dash to the bathroom.

I remember another time when I was about 18 and I went to Dublin with a couple of mates ( @Wolfox?) and we stayed in a kind of backpackers place with communal dormitory and I suddenly felt rough and laid on the bed.  My mate said to me "imagine eating tomato sauce out of a dirty ashtray" and that was it.  Projectile vomit and pebble dashed walls.

I'm ashamed to say I felt so bad I slept in it.

What were we on about again?

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, murphy said:

Mozzerella cheese on pizza.

This has genuinely caused me to throw up on more than one occasion.  It seems to be OK going down, if a bit snotty, but give it a couple of minutes and my guts say nope, not having that and it's a dash to the bathroom.

I remember another time when I was about 18 and I went to Dublin with a couple of mates ( @Wolfox?) and we stayed in a kind of backpackers place with communal dormitory and I suddenly felt rough and laid on the bed.  My mate said to me "imagine eating tomato sauce out of a dirty ashtray" and that was it.  Projectile vomit and pebble dashed walls.

I'm ashamed to say I felt so bad I slept in it.

What were we on about again?

Of course I was with you….!!!

That was hilarious….

A long coach journey and we went to the cinema in Birmingham on the way…. Stayed in a hostel under a railway arch….   We went to the Guinness museum…. We Had some Americans in the dorm too…. Doug met us there and he put that notion in your head….  You just sat up and Puked… 

He also once made Rob gag on a guff that he pointed towards his pasta and meatballs! - he got a trip to A&E for his troubles when Rob stabbed him through the hand!  

Oh it was fun living together!

edit  - do your remember eating that ‘special chip’ that Doug served to you?  It was caught on film?!  How that didn’t make you gag is anybody’s guess! 

Edited by Wolfox
  • Haha 1

Saw this thread and thought I'd take the opportunity to talk about my bête-noir (or bête-purple), beetroot. 

Growing up in a less enlightened time, I remember being forced to eat it by teachers at Moat Rd school ( pre-Juniors) while my friends took their afternoon nap on the camp-beds laid out in the playground. (The late 50s were just weird. ..)

Ever since I've had a primal disgust of this evil 'foodstuff'. I can't even look at it lying innocently enough in a supermarket,  let alone cope with its purple wrongness flooding its filthy puddles over a plate. 

I have an idea that it lies at the root (pun intended), of my basic inability to lead a meaningful or happy life. 

But that's a different story...

Edited by Stoopid

10 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Saw this thread and thought I'd take the opportunity to talk about my bête-noir (or bête-purple), beetroot. 

Growing up in a less enlightened time, I remember being forced to eat it by teachers at Moat Rd school ( pre-Juniors) while my friends took their afternoon nap on the camp-beds laid out in the playground. (The late 50s were just weird. ..)

Ever since I've had a primal disgust of this evil 'foodstuff'. I can't even look at it lying innocently enough in a supermarket,  let alone cope with its purple wrongness flooding its filthy puddles over a plate. 

I have an idea that it lies at the root (pun intended), of my basic inability to lead a meaningful or happy life. 

But that's a different story...

My dad is exactly the same. He said the beetroot juice used to run in to his mash potato at school and turn it pink. My dad loves all food but put beetroot anywhere near him and he basically has a fit. 

He also reckons spam fritters gave him headaches. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

On 01/09/2020 at 23:08, Kopfkino said:

Olives. A good olive oil is grand but olives are grim. 

Other than that, I can't think of foods I don't like. Absolutely gobsmacked by beetroot and mushrooms featuring because they're two of the best things in the world. In fact a lot of things getting mentioned here are magic. Goats milk/cheese, papaya, baked beans, Brussels, 

Used to love olives until a weekend in Palma with a sick bug, all I could taste on the way back up was olives, olives, olives. Can just about bear then on a pizza or olive bread but a straight olive....:nono:

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I have spent my entire life avoiding blackpudding, the very thought of it made me gag  - until this morning.

I was offered a piece, tried it, loved it

You need to try white pudding, if you can find it. It's pretty much an Isle of Man/Irish thing but it's so, so nice. Proper black pudding from a decent independent butcher is a real treat in a traditional full English. I don't care that I'm eating what is essentially, cooked blood.

• Like 2

On 03/09/2020 at 18:05, Bilo said:

Don't eat Maryland anything less than piping hot unless you want your toilet bowl to look as though it's been jetwashed with Bovril.

Last time I did it, my ringpiece was like a Skyline brake light.

I've had cold Maryland the next morning for a continental brekker and had absolutely no trouble - stick to bread and dripping if you can't handle the goddam heat brother!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I've had cold Maryland the next morning for a continental brekker and had absolutely no trouble - stick to bread and dripping if you can't handle the goddam heat brother!

Bread & Dripping!! Toasted bread obvs! 😋

Shit wrong thread!

On 03/09/2020 at 22:27, Wolfox said:

Of course I was with you….!!!

That was hilarious….

A long coach journey and we went to the cinema in Birmingham on the way…. Stayed in a hostel under a railway arch….   We went to the Guinness museum…. We Had some Americans in the dorm too…. Doug met us there and he put that notion in your head….  You just sat up and Puked… 

He also once made Rob gag on a guff that he pointed towards his pasta and meatballs! - he got a trip to A&E for his troubles when Rob stabbed him through the hand!  

Oh it was fun living together!

edit  - do your remember eating that ‘special chip’ that Doug served to you?  It was caught on film?!  How that didn’t make you gag is anybody’s guess! 

Yes,  The nose chip.  Filthy animal.  What was caught on film was Doug adding his special 'seasoning' to the chip, that's all.

I didn't gag because I caught him in the act as he put it back on the plate and and ended up having to leave all those chips rather than play nose chip Russian roulette, but it doesn't matter what I say, everyone has decided that I ate it and so it is decreed, but I bloomin' didn't!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Yes,  The nose chip.  Filthy animal.  What was caught on film was Doug adding his special 'seasoning' to the chip, that's all.

I didn't gag because I caught him in the act as he put it back on the plate and and ended up having to leave all those chips rather than play nose chip Russian roulette, but it doesn't matter what I say, everyone has decided that I ate it and so it is decreed, but I bloomin' didn't!

Dave, I know traumatic events can lead to a person ‘reimagining’ events…. It’s time to deal with it and move on…

You ate the nose chip and we both know it!

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Dave, I know traumatic events can lead to a person ‘reimagining’ events…. It’s time to deal with it and move on…

You ate the nose chip and we both know it!

Thank you Dr. Wolf.  The only trauma involved was having to leave a full plate of chips.  I like chips.

It reminds me of the time when I came back from India with dysentery and ended up in the Infectious Diseases Ward at the infirmary.  When I got out, the rumour was established that the nurses were having to.. well..wipe my backside for me.  I mean wtf?  I didn't break my arms!  No matter, a course of events had been decided and once that happens trying to put the record straight is as futile as King Canute trying to turn back the tide. 

The chip incident was one of those occasions.  You, Tim and Rob with your not so subtle giggling and staring kind of tipped me off that something might be wrong and in that household you had to live on your wits.

Right.  Back on topic.  Coffee.  I don't like coffee.  Let's move on before I remember that party when you were chatting up that girl and accidentally set your own trousers on fire.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/09/2020 at 23:42, Fosse93 said:

Oysters are ****ing vile, can't be doing with mushy peas either. 

Oysters don't make me gag, but I just can’t see why they are valued as a foodstuff.

I’ve eaten Oysters with connoisseurs and they rave about them, but I felt like I was like swallowing a salty version of what you sniff up when you have a heavy cold.

Second thoughts, they SHOULD make me gag...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lamb. I know it's popular, but it tastes like dirt to me. Any sheep/goat milk or cheese. Horrible stuff.

Liquorice

Celery

Raw tomatoes. Cooked in something they're nice, but raw tomatoes can get in the bin.

Sprouts

Fish sauce. I was being adventurous in a Chinese restaurant once, and I love fish, so I ordered something with fish sauce. Smelt very strongly of human faeces.

3 hours ago, murphy said:

Thank you Dr. Wolf.  The only trauma involved was having to leave a full plate of chips.  I like chips.

It reminds me of the time when I came back from India with dysentery and ended up in the Infectious Diseases Ward at the infirmary.  When I got out, the rumour was established that the nurses were having to.. well..wipe my backside for me.  I mean wtf?  I didn't break my arms!  No matter, a course of events had been decided and once that happens trying to put the record straight is as futile as King Canute trying to turn back the tide. 

The chip incident was one of those occasions.  You, Tim and Rob with your not so subtle giggling and staring kind of tipped me off that something might be wrong and in that household you had to live on your wits.

Right.  Back on topic.  Coffee.  I don't like coffee.  Let's move on before I remember that party when you were chatting up that girl and accidentally set your own trousers on fire.

Ha ha!

You were properly ill…. Looked pastier than normal, if that were possible…. We all know you had strip down bed baths by an enthusiastic 63 year old nurse called Olive…. I remember hearing how ‘attentive’ she was…. All these things passing into folklore…. It can’t be stopped Dave!

Aye…. She was from Warrington.  I was making solid progress chatting away whilst standing next to the open fire.  However, why was my leg getting warmer??? And then, that moment of looking down to see the whole of right leg in flames….

I don’t know whether the fumes or the site me rolling round on the carpet trying to put out the flames put her off?

A brand new pair of grey 501‘s too…

• Like 1