Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Timothy Castagne Signs!

17 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Can he play this well on the left? 

I saw him play as LWB for Atalanta a number of times and he was equally impressive. The biggest difference was that he didn't cross it first time as often and would cut onto his preferred right foot more often to cross instead. But that's not to say he didn't use his left foot at all, on the contrary, he used his left foot quite a bit and was equally capable of crossing with that foot.

Here's a GIF of him playing against some team called Juventus as a LWB in Serie A. Not too shabby here!

AgonizingUnconsciousBronco-size_restrict

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I saw him play as LWB for Atalanta a number of times and he was equally impressive. The biggest difference was that he didn't cross it first time as often and would cut onto his preferred right foot more often to cross instead. But that's not to say he didn't use his left foot at all, on the contrary, he used his left foot quite a bit and was equally capable of crossing with that foot.

Here's a GIF of him playing against some team called Juventus as a LWB in Serie A. Not too shabby here!

AgonizingUnconsciousBronco-size_restrict

Yeah. That opening goal vs Juve was great. Also made the late qualification goal in the last group stage game of the CL. Without it Atalanta was third in the group.

Has not a lot of goals, but they are all very important.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Eden De Bruyne said:

Yeah. That opening goal vs Juve was great. Also made the late qualification goal in the last group stage game of the CL. Without it Atalanta was third in the group.

Has not a lot of goals, but they are all very important.

He seems to get forward more often for Leicester than Atalanta. In Serie A, I think Gasperini realised Castagne was the better defender than Goosens, but Goosens was the better attacker, so that's typically the balance they went for. But I think we are already seeing for Leicester that Timothy is very capable of going forwards. Assisted for the first goal, assisted for the own goal for number 2 and a constant menace throughout.

Brilliant signing so far!

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

He seems to get forward more often for Leicester than Atalanta. In Serie A, I think Gasperini realised Castagne was the better defender than Goosens, but Goosens was the better attacker, so that's typically the balance they went for. But I think we are already seeing for Leicester that Timothy is very capable of going forwards. Assisted for the first goal, assisted for the own goal for number 2 and a constant menace throughout.

Brilliant signing so far!

Yeah, he was the best defensive player of the 3

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poiseuille said:

Major conundrum when Ricardo gets back if he carries on like this. 
I can’t imagine he will be as effective on the left and he’s already stated before that he wants to play in one position. 

Where's he said that? There was a little Northcroft interview in the Times today where he as good as says Rodgers told him he wanted someone who could play either side and he knows he'll be used on both.

5 minutes ago, Poiseuille said:

Major conundrum when Ricardo gets back if he carries on like this. 
I can’t imagine he will be as effective on the left and he’s already stated before that he wants to play in one position. 

If Timmy carries on like this, he’ll be our best RB and have first dibs to the spot. 
I’m sure Ricardo can do a decent job at left back as well. 

Edited by brucey

44 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

But because he's such a nice guy, what would most likely happen is that you'd get home, Timmy would have done all of the ironing, taken out the bins, filed your missus' nails and cooked you a delicious Belgian meal before running off down the road to spread more joy to someone else's family.

No mention of weeding though :mellow: we may have a problem.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Really like the look of this guy could turn out to be the bargain signing of the summer. Be interesting to see what happens when Ricardo is back. Timmy, Ricardo and Justin for 2 places. Nice problem to have tho 

What a problem for Brendan. Great signing.