Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Timothy Castagne Signs!

I was no fan of Chilwell and thought he was overrated, but more relevantly I was hoping that we didn’t rely on him so much when we had Fuchs. It was afterall a comment about Rodgers’ selection and tactics. It was nothing against the player/man - he was Leicester bred and had my support regardless. The unfortunate thing was that Rodgers had overused him so much that it caused fan backlash against the player, when really the bucks should stop with Rodgers.

So now that he is gone, we should stop bashing the man, except to appreciate that we have someone better suited now so we have one less hole to worry about filling to solve our backpassing issue (exacerbated when we are pressed at the back) that we well talked about last year. See my previous posts too. Now the next hole to fill is the DM role just in front of the back four. Mendy filled that in very very nicely yesterday - I can’t see Rodgers doing it, but maybe, just maybe, Mendy should take on that role even when Evans comes back (or let Ndidi continue as CB ...).

Edited by Tom12345

27 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Even though we’ve signed him, I can still see us signing a left back, playing Castagne at right back and Ricardo further forward. 

Ricardo is an excellent tackler though ... top 3 of something in EPL last season. It would be a waste if Ricardo doesn’t play right back, but until we find a right winger maybe it is not a bad idea though I rather Castagne plays on the left with Justin unfortunately needing to be dropped.

Edited by Tom12345

59 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I needed to play regularly, in the same role, as at times I was on the right, others the left, then the bench

Without trying to read too much in to his comments, this could be quite telling. Maybe he is the new player for the right back role (even when Pereira comes back, or leaves :( ) if he wants that regularity and moved from Atalanta as he wasn't getting that there. 

Justin and Thomas will be our left backs. Castagne and Pereira on the right. There's flexibility with Castagne and Justin being able to play both but if everyone is fit, it'll be Justin LB and Castagne RB? 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Without trying to read too much in to his comments, this could be quite telling. Maybe he is the new player for the right back role (even when Pereira comes back, or leaves :( ) if he wants that regularity and moved from Atalanta as he wasn't getting that there. 

Justin and Thomas will be our left backs. Castagne and Pereira on the right. There's flexibility with Castagne and Justin being able to play both but if everyone is fit, it'll be Justin LB and Castagne RB? 

I think he will play LB, when everyone is fit.

I read it that he just wants to play regularly! 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think the plan is he will be 1st choice left back when Ricardo's back. If/when Ricardo is sold, TC will become 1st choice RB.

Why not Castagne and Thomas our left backs and Ricardo and JJ on the right?

• Like 3

I feel like his attitude is first class.

Seems like a great bloke and he's come in and worked his socks off yesterday.  I think his team mates will love playing with him. Willing runner and happy to take the ball in tight spots.

Very impressed with him. His performance eased a few concerns I had.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He'a a much more rounded player than Chilwell. Excellent both Defensively and Offensively.

Chilwell is 1 years younger,and hasnt yet that higher  team Quality experience....Chilwell will be a Great English Fb.but still has to & will mature within this season

Poor form from some People in this forum continually having a go & dropping the negative remarks....

Both will obviously be compared in any given Football forums thats as expected and IMO fairly so....

But Now Chilwell can spread his wings & potential...Castagne has been given a Chance to taste the life of PL pressure, & different Quality levels.

Both have a potential Top career in front of them.....That is the reason we should Take a more optimistic positive approach....

Throw in Thomas ,Riccardo ,& Justin  because they are ( more importantly)  'Ours'...

Then we look around just the PL alone & there are some decent FBs maybe even would be WBs around..!!

I believe Chilwell had a Good Leicester career und shown more Quality moments,than poor moments.

The Bline players are easily criticised, on errors und in my stats...Ricardo allowed more opponents  dangerous crosses in than Chilwell,but was more

Positive in belief when driving forward ,also getting caught out of position,but our right side Cover has always been better....

.Even When Fuchs was marauding und defending down the left....

Some really over Analyse every small error & Grind out and go OTT with players errors & go Performance blind looking for & Chasing errors....Instead of encouragement young players.....Proof.!!! Every week posts since we got promoted,every Single Player went through foxestalk Grind of poor pundits...

Picking a Player & seeing potential is recognising that in a season period or in single games dip in game  discipline moments & errors,seeing through the mistakes and recognise those good moments....Its so easy to hang on the negative and Broadcast it, than look deeper into the wider potential & success of a player...

In this this forum has far too many Posters willing & ready to start,carry on & end onto the boring  hairs of negativity...:unsure:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Chilwell is 1 years younger,and hasnt yet that higher  team Quality experience....Chilwell will be a Great English Fb.but still has to & will mature within this season

Poor form from some People in this forum continualyl having a go & dropping the negative remarks....

:appl:

• Like 1