Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Timothy Castagne Signs!

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Seems like a strong character as well which I think we've been lacking 

100 x this.

that would probably need its own topic but we're prone to showing mental fragility especially in latter stages of games, that was the story of the second half of last season. We need our Cags and Tims to steady the ship. I've been dreaming of a midfielder with a bit of a character for a couple seasons now. I rate and like our boys Youri, Dennis, Madders, Wilf and Hamza but they just lack in the grit department. We need more players the opposite side's supporters would call 'that dirty ****' ... I think another pair of Vardys would do lol

• Like 1

Outstanding debut. A very accomplished performance after only a few days training with the group. Could instantly see a lot of the qualities he was praised for by former teammates/managers in the media and Atalanta/Genk fans: great engine on him, tanking forwards, good on the ball, sound defensively. Very positive start.

Also loving having a bit of a Belgian mob going on. Let's buy another one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCCFox96 said:

Outstanding debut. A very accomplished performance after only a few days training with the group. Could instantly see a lot of the qualities he was praised for by former teammates/managers in the media and Atalanta/Genk fans: great engine on him, tanking forwards, good on the ball, sound defensively. Very positive start.

Also loving having a bit of a Belgian mob going on. Let's buy another one.

Hows Hazard getting on at Madrid? 

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

4flw5At.gif

Love this.

As someone else mentioned, 2nd half we started to get many more players in the box. West Brom get flustered and have no idea who to mark. Perez and Barnes are unmarked in the middle there too as the ball comes in. Vardy is marked by 2 players and nearly gets on the end of it. Then obviously Castagne does and actually directs his header well considering where he's running to and getting shoved by Gibbs.

Also, pretty sure Praet doesn't realise a) it's gone in or b) it's his mate Castagne who actually scored cos he celebrates a tad later than everyone else lol 

Aside from the goal, I liked his attitude and approach to the game. Sometimes players are nervous in their first game or two. You'd think Castagne had played here for at least a season or two with how comfortable he looked in the game/formation today. The amount of times in the first half he burst in to space but wasn't found or passed to gave West Brom something to think about. Think they changed their shape so Diangana or Pereira (can't remember which) had to sit deeper. This then allowed our full-backs to get on the ball more a bit deeper on the pitch but drive forward. 

Looking forward to seeing more of him. Don't want to blow his trumpet too hard (behave!) after only one game but certainly made a good impression!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Love this.

As someone else mentioned, 2nd half we started to get many more players in the box. West Brom get flustered and have no idea who to mark. Perez and Barnes are unmarked in the middle there too as the ball comes in. Vardy is marked by 2 players and nearly gets on the end of it. Then obviously Castagne does and actually directs his header well considering where he's running to and getting shoved by Gibbs.

Also, pretty sure Praet doesn't realise a) it's gone in or b) it's his mate Castagne who actually scored cos he celebrates a tad later than everyone else lol 

Aside from the goal, I liked his attitude and approach to the game. Sometimes players are nervous in their first game or two. You'd think Castagne had played here for at least a season or two with how comfortable he looked in the game/formation today. The amount of times in the first half he burst in to space but wasn't found or passed to gave West Brom something to think about. Think they changed their shape so Diangana or Pereira (can't remember which) had to sit deeper. This then allowed our full-backs to get on the ball more a bit deeper on the pitch but drive forward. 

Looking forward to seeing more of him. Don't want to blow his trumpet too hard (behave!) after only one game but certainly made a good impression!

^ Yep all of this.

Defensively he also had Diangana in his pocket the whole game. Every time he got the ball, Castagne pressed him immediately and the ball just bounced off Diangana or he gave it away, a trademark of the way Atlanta play. That means you are both better defensively, but also offensively too because you are pouncing on mistakes and recovering the ball really quickly. In the last 30 minutes, West Brom couldn't get out at all, and Kasper was probably playing games on his phone as the rest of the lads were having a field day.

If / when Castagne moves to left back I still think he will contribute a lot. He will probably have weaker crossing or have to step in to cross with his right foot, but his all round passing was very good - you saw him a few times put very nice through balls into the winger ahead of him (either Perez or Albrighton), or Praet when he broke the lines. You can do that regardless of what side you are on the pitch and one of the most frustrating things about Chilwell was that so many times Barnes presented a great option to pass to, but Chilwell didn't pass to him or went back to Soyuncu. I don't think this will be the case with Castagne - he's an intelligent footballer.

I said it before, but based of this performance I would be very tempted to go and sign another Atlanta player (Goosens?) if possible, because you can see that because of their training under Gasperini's system, they would fit into our style almost immediately. What I particularly liked about Castagne was that he pressed early and often, got stuck in when needed and also got forward. He actually got better as the game went on and in the last 10 made a number of great forward forays despite only having trained with us twice and despite us being 3-0 up. At Genk they said his physical attributes surprised everyone and I can see why, because it's rare for a player in that position to improve deep into the game, even our beloved Ricardo sometimes flags a bit in the last couple of minutes.

• Like 2

I can actually see him being more effective on the left. He plays like a CM almost. Being on the left side would allow him to turn infield onto his strong foot wich would enable him to be more involved in the play and whilst he's doing that, we can encourage Barnes to stay wide, adding the width. That would suit his game better as he can focus on what he's best at which is driving at players and getting to the byline (it's not like we will miss his shots at goal). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

20 million pound European full back in being better than Ben Chillwell shocker.

Foxestalk in deciding whether a player is good or bad after 1 game shocker...

I thought he looked excellent, kind of player who just looks very solid and isn't going to let us down but I'm not going to sit here and say he's a definite improvement on another (good) player after 1 game

• Like 2
  • Haha 1