Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Just now, Line-X said:

From all accounts, he's a very humble and pious lad. From a very large family, he arrived in Leicester and felt very isolated bringing very few possessions beyond his Bible, but his faith in God carried him through. Must have been devastating for him having broken his leg, to then find out about the tragic events that followed than night. 

Got it on good authority that this is spot on. A Christian, very religious and a very pleasant man

• Like 4

I'm made up for him. To come back in such a big game after very nearly 2 whole years out and play like that is no mean feat.

I thought he'd probably be sold on before the window closes, but after that showing, I think he could be a real asset to the squad from here on in.

I think Brendan has worked wonders with certain players. Mendy and Praet are both currently on a level I didn't realise they had. Tieleman's also back to his on-loan best. Harvey and Justin are on a steady upward-trajectory. Amartey should be rusty, but if Rodgers can get the best out of him, he will be like a new signing for us. Didn't realise he is only 25, either.

We do still need that elusive new centre-half, but even if/when we get him, there will still be opportunities for Big Dan this season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fulham said:

Will he be release to come to Fulham?

Seems a really decent player.

we will love to have him

If he hadn't played today, you might have had a chance. We're struggling for centre-halves at the minute, though, and he played well. I think we'll probably need to keep him around.

Would you like Benkovic, instead?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

If he hadn't played today, you might have had a chance. We're struggling for centre-halves at the minute, though, and he played well. I think we'll probably need to keep him around.

Would you like Benkovic, instead?

Benkovic? I've never seen him play

#LetAmarteyGo

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Good player. Always championed him. Had a solid game. Let no one down. 

Absolutely! I've always said he should be a centre-half - star player for his international side in that position (before injury nightmare). Think he would be good to have around the squad and, as quoted, would let no one down.

16 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Clearly his best position is CB . Thought he was very good today  not outstanding . What is impressive though was the fact he’s been out for around 2 years and played as well as he did deffo keep . . 

The good thing about him as CB is that he can pass and dribble like a midfielder, which he can be too, so it makes it much easier for us to transition upfield and deal with opposition high press better. For the same reason, I thought Ndidi could do a decent job for us as CB as well.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Ok so the general consensus is that very few want Amartey to leave..

So it’s gotta be time surely for one of those hilarious ‘hide’ threads

Hide big Dan!
Cmon boys, get to it..

Cmon people!

I’m too daft to use photoshop or whatever it is but someone get the ball rolling for a giggle like..

Amartey being as good as he was is the most surprising part of this day for me.  Went to sleep on the second goal but apart from that really good - very physical, which we were lacking.  Commanding in the air and decent on the ball.  He looked like someone who could be a real option.

Just before his injury for about four matches at right back he was one of our best players, and there’s no way he’s a wing back, but I see no reason he can’t be a solid three at the back option, and let’s not forget he’s still getting back up to form with these quick run arounds, and the odd 2 - 5 win against Man City

• Like 2

I saw play against Porto in the Champs League, in his first full season, and thought that we had quite a player. He was playing dmf that night. Later, l recall him scoring the equaliser away at Stoke. Injuries have been his downfall but let's hope he can kick on from here. My own view is that he would be a best as a right-sided player in a back three. Pity we don't play that too often! Having said that we have a genuinely good player in Daniel and he is not too old to make the side on a regular basis.

• Like 1