Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Taken a while but we finally seem to have recognised hes a centre back.

The only surprise I have is that this seemingly wasn’t recognised before?

I’ve said on here time over I don’t rate Amartey the player. As a bloke he seems good as gold

BUT, I think he’s improved AND if he plays, it’s gotta be at CB. That’s where he seems most natural. RB or DM.. not in a month of Sunday’s, but as CB cover, no problem 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Big Dan has all the attributes to be a top class CB in my opinion. If we can keep him fit it is like a new signing. There would be no need to immediately go and get another CB in January. He also adds more height in our set piece woes. 

I don’t agree (no surprise there). Personally I wouldn’t like Amartey to be starting many Prem games and if we need another regular first teamer I’d buy one

Amartey is ok but he scares me when he plays. He’s an athlete, big, great in the air but positionally I’ve always thought can be suspect.

I think he’s ok cover. Nothing more imo

At least I’ve been consistent in this view. If we take some of the comments that have been made on here re the likes of Justin and Pérez... now there’s inconsistency 

Edited by Col city fan

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t agree (no surprise there). Personally I wouldn’t like Amartey to be starting many Prem games and if we need another regular first teamer I’d buy one

Amartey is ok but he scares me when he plays. He’s an athlete, big, great in the air but positionally I’ve always thought can be suspect.

I think he’s ok cover. Nothing more imo

I think having ok cover is alright though - there's no way we can afford outstanding cover all over the park.

• Like 3

Big Dan has all the physical attributes. But he has never demonstrated the footballer brain. He is limited there and will only be a squad player at best for us - which is okay, as we need those. 

The poor lad looked like a 13 year old boy in a lap dancing club playing a CDM. Utterly bemused by everything running around him and no idea what to do first. 

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Big Dan has all the physical attributes. But he has never demonstrated the footballer brain. He is limited there and will only be a squad player at best for us - which is okay, as we need those. 

The poor lad looked like a 13 year old boy in a lap dancing club playing a CDM. Utterly bemused by everything running around him and no idea what to do first. 

He had 3 or 4 displays where he was awesome. Swansea was one and another one in the champions league. He was dire at times but so was the rest of the team at that point.

• Like 3

I'll reserve judgement because he's never had a long run of games as that's when you can really judge a players worth. seems to me some people are too quick to judge based on irregular bit part performances.

I often feel that if a player has a great start he will forever be rated highly and excused errors, the complete opposite seems happens to players who start poorly they are forever having to justify their inclusion and every error is highlighted.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Amartey in a 5 is a great option to have. Wouldn't feel too comfortable with him in a 4. Every side pushing for the top 6 needs a few versatile, reliable players and it feels that we have one in Amartey - just got to keep him fit now!

Spot on, he’s a great option to go right hand side of a three. This is clearly his best position. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I'll reserve judgement because he's never had a long run of games as that's when you can really judge a players worth. seems to me some people are too quick to judge based on irregular bit part performances.

I often feel that if a player has a great start he will forever be rated highly and excused errors, the complete opposite seems happens to players who start poorly they are forever having to justify their inclusion and every error is highlighted.

He was starting to look decent in his only run of games and then he went and broke his ankle. 

Same could be said with Mendy and so far this season he's proven to be great to have in the squad. Amartey is a great option to have in the squad, just hope he can stay injury free and prove that