Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

He was a complete liability to be honest but it was expected he was going to be rusty. 

I think he's worth having as a squad player at best who might or might not make the matchday squad depending on the regulars fitness/suspensions etc. Just to paper over the cracks in games as a very short term fix. 

But personally if I was him I'd want to leave and get some form back and to start games. It must be hard enough coming back from that kind of injury but to come back and barely play your way back into your best form is just a waste of a career really because on his day he does offer something. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Webbo said:

I don't care what anyone says, he's had good games in the past, and been very decent in others. If he recovers his form he'll be a useful squad member this season. 

Thing is with him he seems to need half a dozen games to get up to speed, once he does he’s actually ok.

Problem is, in that first half a dozen games he makes some pretty shocking mistakes that people don’t seem to ever see past.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Thing is with him he seems to need half a dozen games to get up to speed, once he does he’s actually ok.

Problem is, in that first half a dozen games he makes some pretty shocking mistakes that people don’t seem to ever see past.

How can you see past them?

And why would you want to?

Those mistakes would be highlighted if any player made them. Eg the stick that Chilwell got on here AND at the KP

Amartey seems to have an army of ‘supporters’ on FT for some bizarre reason who have seemingly taken him to their bosom

And this started BEFORE his horrendous injury

Why?

I think it’s to wind me up... 😀

Edited by Col city fan

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How can you see past them?

And why would you want to?

Those mistakes would be highlighted if any player made them. Eg the stick that Chilwell got on here AND at the KP

Amartey seems to have an army of ‘supporters’ on FT for some bizarre reason who have seemingly taken him to their bosom

And this started BEFORE his horrendous injury

Why?

I think it’s to wind me up... 😀

Amartey could  be world class yet you think people's opinions of him are given to wind you up personally?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always associate him with that night unfortunately. 

Prior to the injury, he’d started to build some confidence and was looking a lot more stable. He needs to nail down a position unfortunately and I personally believe it should be at Centre Back. 

• Like 2

Justin and Ricardo have the right back position sown up. But before his injury, in his four last outings, he was easily one of our best players. He's never convinced me in the middle of the park, but if he wants to let Justin and Ricardo race forwards, either from right back or a right-sided centre back, he could be a surprise package. Nice chap too.

50 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Justin and Ricardo have the right back position sown up. But before his injury, in his four last outings, he was easily one of our best players. He's never convinced me in the middle of the park, but if he wants to let Justin and Ricardo race forwards, either from right back or a right-sided centre back, he could be a surprise package. Nice chap too.

I do agree

ive heard he’s a very pleasant fella

And if he plays, play him CB

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

He can cover 3 positions from the bench,  at worst he can play in some of the cup games to rest others. It's like a new signing.

Him and Albrighton on the bench covers most of the pitch - not that that's enough of an excuse to keep them by itself...  (I do so like such utility players in FM, though!)

• 3 weeks later...