Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Really glad to see Amartey back and playing well. He's had such a wretched time with injuries and it can't have been easy for him.

I don't think he is a bad RB. He was playing well there before his injury 2 years ago. I would agree that he's not a PL midfielder, though, and that CB is his best position. First reserve after Evans, Cags and Fofana, I think.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

What makes this crazier is that at Copenhagen where we signed him from... he played centre back, as he also did for his national team. In this position he can use his best traits - his physicality to do a good job.

I have to say he was an easy 7/10 today, maybe even slightly better and the most impressive thing was that he didn't panic when given the ball under pressure, as well as finding some good passes. He didn't go for any hollywood long balls, which to be fair Johny Evans did brilliantly today, but his defending against Zaha in the first half was first class. 4 CB options of Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana and Amartey, with potentially JJ to plays a 3rd CB in a back 3 seems very decent, though it wouldn't surprise me if we go and sign another young player to replace Wes, with that lad from Braga (Camaro?) probably the most likely. 

Pretty sure thqt you're wrong there Strider.  Without looking it up I''d bet you 50p and a curly wurly that he played DM for Copenhagen and won some recognition in the role.  

Good that he has looked a comfortable option as back up CB.  Did well today 

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Makes it even more bizarre that he’s never played as a centre half before this season. 

he has played there internationally and started there at Copenhagen before they converted him

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he was a CB first they then moved him to DM

He played more games at right back for them than he did centre back. I've been through this all before, yes he was converted from CB but he was their DM and signed as a DM. 

• Haha 1

https://www.lcfc.com/news/432705

@murphy@Babylon

Right you are guys, when we signed him, the club itself said this:

The highly-rated 21-year-old, who operates both in central midfield and at right-back, becomes City’s second new signing this month, following the arrival of another exciting young player. 

But I think he looks far better as a centre back, that's for sure! Though I do remember post title win him having an incredible game against Swansea City at home as a CDM / Kante's role. 

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/432705

@murphy@Babylon

Right you are guys, when we signed him, the club itself said this:

The highly-rated 21-year-old, who operates both in central midfield and at right-back, becomes City’s second new signing this month, following the arrival of another exciting young player. 

But I think he looks far better as a centre back, that's for sure! Though I do remember post title win him having an incredible game against Swansea City at home as a CDM / Kante's role. 

I think it’s better suited to him personally. I think he has a bit more time than he does in the middle of the park and it helps him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Apart from the handball he got away with he was good. Benteke was abysmal mind. 

It would have been unfair to call that a penalty. The handball was forced upon him because Benteke was all over him and his hand was there (still around his body) to protect him from being smashed by Benteke. Should have been a foul on Amartey come to think of it.

He’s defo not a right back, not in a team in the modern game who like to play football. Just need to look at his shape and size. He could be a right back for a Pulis or Allardyce team or a team full of plodders and big lads. 

Really good to have him as a CB option given the issues with finding fit and non geriatric defenders this season. Just a shame we couldn’t use him earlier on with all those Europa games.