Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

14 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

The state of people's negativity in here lol

A ball hasn't even been kicked yet, we're without key players through unfortunate injuries, the transfer window is still open with a chance of signings. 

I wonder if people would just be better off walking away from football all together. 

We can't sign everyone, we can't beat everyone, not all teams can finish in Europe despite spunking tens of millions. Maybe we will finish mid table.. 

2016 continues to ruin the way most of you think. 

I think a lot of people are just being realistic. Of course you get those few who go OTT. Last season we were fantastic for 5 months but then the wheels well and truly came off and post restart, we have shown very little to be hopeful. We have injuries/suspensions and so far done very little to bolster the squad, in fact nothing. It just shows how far we have come that with a season in mid table mediocrity looming, most people are unhappy. We all want us to regularly challenge for Europe now which has always been a club ambition. I just feel very flat about this season but let's see. The start is going to be tough for us with the injuries/suspensions, if we get a few results then maybe we can push for Top 7 but we won't see anything like last season, or 2016 for that matter! We all know that was a one off.

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Benrahma to Palace, Jay Rodriguez to Everton, Watkins to Villa, Lallana to Brighton,  Batshuayi to Palace, Wilson to Newcastle.....

We clearly consider ourselves too good for any of the above. Hopefully Brendans confidence in this generally average squad with very little depth pays off.

I can see us winning today but over the course of the season we will evidently show our lack of quality and depth and be mid table at best.

Beyond belief the lack of improvement this club has made.

Sorry Vardy, the goals are all down to you again - Good Luck!

Some of the squad choices I've seen here I wouldn't even trust for a league 2 friendly.

'Clearly consider ourselves too good for the above'?

Not necessarily. There's a whole range of reasons a player might prefer to choose one club over another. Or just in general why a transfer might not go through.

Wage demands. Location. Transfer fees. How a player feels about said club. Playing time.

Out of those you mention:

Benrahma to Palace - this is one I think we could have entertained. Maybe Benrahma wants to stay in London? Has family there or is settled there?

Rodriguez to Everton - this one has to be wages, I'd imagine. Not to mention Ancelotti having a lot of pulling power there.

Watkins to Villa - I imagine we didn't want to pay so much for a striker. Maybe Villa did...
Batshuayi to Palace - has been there before, enjoyed it there and probably wanted to go back there and also stay in London.

Wilson to Newcastle - I'd have liked us to go in for him as well.

Basically, I don't get how you can come to the conclusion that we consider ourselves too good for the players. Sometimes just because a deal for a player you want doesn't work out doesn't mean the club 1) didn't try, 2) din't want to buy him in the first place and 3) maybe did try, but player preferred to go elsewhere...?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

As if we'd ever do that!!

It’s not the same, He came in a January window to do just that plug a gap in case, if Cags didn’t get sent off at the end we probably didn’t need or use him.

This is a summer window and we want a long term acquisition within the parameters of age and value. 
We can’t afford Tarks, well we could but wouldn’t be able to buy anyone else, and from paper reports it looks like that Tah would cost too much also.

What is the point of spending even 10m on some chump for the sake of it.
If Evans wasn’t sent off would we be having the same conversation or would we be saying ok ‘X’ is the player we want there is 25 days left in the transfer window until then Evans and Cags with Morgan, Benko and Academy players can cover just until we get our man...or would we still be saying we need to just get any old Tom in to cover until we get our target anytime within the 25 days 

I know he’s not and Benko also injured for now but in both cases it’s a spend and wages just as a quick fix to cover 3 games which is not a great business model.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Can't see us playing a back 3 with Justin and Ndidi in it. You can get away with 1 player that isn't a natural CB but 2 is pushing it. 

Hope KDH is atleast on the bench. Our best player in preseason imo, deserves a chance.

I can, and actually think/hope we do. 

We have far more players comfortable in a back 3 than a back 4 and the extra player there should balance out the deficiencies imo. 

Also makes wes look a better option as 1 of 3 than 1 of 4.

I also think though that a back 4 with Ndidi in his usual position could easily be a back 3 without losing Ndidi in his best position. But for me this is largely due to the fact that I want a 2 up top to get our best/most in form players on the pitch and not leave a shit show at right wing, which I feel is more important than who is at the back today. 

Nervously/eagerly awaiting team news. 

40 minutes ago, He's_Magic said:

Kasp

Tim    Wilf   Cags  Justin

Mendy   Praet

Perez        Youri       Barnes

Vardy

Criminal that we haven't brought in a CB for the start of the season and need to move our best player out if position to cope, but I think it'll be enough to win.

3 cdms on the pitch against WBA, **** me I hope not! That's where I feel last season went wrong, ie man u away. 

That could properly erode my optimism and excitement. Praet playing further forward would be better if wild is one of a back 4, but I really hope not personally. 

We'll probably all be wrong though with team selection. 

24 minutes ago, He's_Magic said:

This should be done before the start of the season imo, especially knowing our first choice is suspended. 

Ooh man, yes it could be done if we bend over and just pay 40m and not want anyone else & you do also realise there’s more to getting someone in than just saying I want him and he’s automatically transported in.

How long was the off season and how many days left in the transfer window, it’s not a normal window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not necessarily. There's a whole range of reasons a player might prefer to choose one club over another. Or just in general why a transfer might not go through.

Wage demands. Location. Transfer fees. How a player feels about said club. Playing time.

Benrahma to Palace - this is one I think we could have entertained. Maybe Benrahma wants to stay in London? Has family there or is settled there?

Rodriguez to Everton - this one has to be wages, I'd imagine. Not to mention Ancelotti having a lot of pulling power there.

Watkins to Villa - I imagine we didn't want to pay so much for a striker. Maybe Villa did...
Batshuayi to Palace - has been there before, enjoyed it there and probably wanted to go back there and also stay in London.

Basically, I don't get how you can come to the conclusion that we consider ourselves too good for the players. Sometimes just because a deal for a player you want doesn't work out doesn't mean the club 1) didn't try, 2) din't want to buy him in the first place and 3) maybe did try, but player preferred to go elsewhere...?

Hm, you can find an excuse for every transfer but ultimately the over all factor was us not being attractive enough which in itself is a problem for me.

Plenty of other players don't mind relocating and have had their wage and transfer demands met....just us?

In my opinion we just haven't tried hard enough to sign players.

3 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

3 cdms on the pitch against WBA, **** me I hope not! That's where I feel last season went wrong, ie man u away. 

That could properly erode my optimism and excitement. Praet playing further forward would be better if wild is one of a back 4, but I really hope not personally. 

We'll probably all be wrong though with team selection. 

Huh? It's 3 CDMs but one of them as a CB, so hardly counts as defensive mid lol 

Praet isn't a CDM.

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Ooh man, yes it could be done if we bend over and just pay 40m and not want anyone else & you do also realise there’s more to getting someone in than just saying I want him and he’s automatically transported in.

How long was the off season and how many days left in the transfer window, it’s not a normal window.

I agree it's not a normal transfer window, but that hasn't affected other clubs. The recruitment process does not start the day the window opens. 

Don't think I'm being unreasonable with my expectation that we sign someone before the season starts, especially when we are clearly in need.

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Hm, you can find an excuse for every transfer but ultimately the over all factor was us not being attractive enough which in itself is a problem for me.

Plenty of other players don't mind relocating and have had their wage and transfer demands met....just us?

In my opinion we just haven't tried hard enough to sign players.

We can't sign everyone that we get linked with. More to the point, a lot of it can be just agent talk and releasing names/clubs to the press to build up interest.

37 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I love this cross pollinated, tag team partner response.

It's like one of those complicated "see my responses highlighted in red above (i'm f***ing furious)" emails I try to forget. 

Ok, here goes...."see my responses highlighted in red above" arrrgh, no colour pick option, see in bold.

I'm not furious at all, your responses are enjoyable to read, thanks. 

I love a good grade post. 

C minus for me though, the first was better, this one needs far too much cross referencing to be able to appreciate it. 

The points could be very good but lack context without the far too high level of effort/commitment to untangle them. 

Work harder on presentation 🤣😘

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Huh? It's 3 CDMs but one of them as a CB, so hardly counts as defensive mid lol 

Praet isn't a CDM.

He is in that formation, and wilf is the most obvious cdm known to man. Semantics yes, but my opinion still stands. 

Edited by gw_leics772

16 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

**Old man moment /feeling old before my time? **

Wtf/dafuq is that shit?  This is from our official club account? 

This shit is some young spunkers actual job? 

For a football match? 

Stop the world I wanna get off 😱🤪

Just a bit of fun innit

28 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Benrahma to Palace, Jay Rodriguez to Everton, Watkins to Villa, Lallana to Brighton,  Batshuayi to Palace, Wilson to Newcastle.....

We clearly consider ourselves too good for any of the above. Hopefully Brendans confidence in this generally average squad with very little depth pays off.

I can see us winning today but over the course of the season we will evidently show our lack of quality and depth and be mid table at best.

Beyond belief the lack of improvement this club has made.

Sorry Vardy, the goals are all down to you again - Good Luck!

Some of the squad choices I've seen here I wouldn't even trust for a league 2 friendly.

Depth, I'll grant you, but there is plenty of quality in the first XI with everyone available. Much bigger clubs than us would be interested in pretty much all of them.

26 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

For a football match? 

put him in the microwave for 1 minute and he will come out like cardboard. #rustler

first time ive seen the kit as well awful

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

For a football match? 

Mind the gap...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I understand how he came to that conclusion and personally hope he's right. 

Your points are spot on, but none of those players fill me with confidence that they will contribute massively to taking us to the much fabled "next level" 

Like you, there are a couple there I would have liked, but they were unlikely to be "first name on the team sheet" type players, would have been good squad depth players l, but some of those mentioned would have resulted in meltdown on here, I'm sure. 

• Like 1

The optimism when we signed Slimani, Ghezzal, And a few more beside was clear, ged Madders and Perreira back in, sign two more, we have a week to complete Fofana  hopefully Brooks or Mc Neil...we will be stronger than last year, accept so are a good few around us, but for crying out loud, give em a chance

• Like 1