Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

2 minutes ago, He's_Magic said:

I agree it's not a normal transfer window, but that hasn't affected other clubs. The recruitment process does not start the day the window opens. 

Don't think I'm being unreasonable with my expectation that we sign someone before the season starts, especially when we are clearly in need.

Ok wasn’t meaning to be patronising sorry if it came across like that, but yep others have and maybe they were the targets they wanted and they fell into place for all manner of reason, their current club didn’t want them, their current club were happy with the fee or the player was out of contract and they had transfer funds available.

Other than the Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U or Man City signings is there any of the others that you would want and feel we have missed out on?

Brendan mentioned we needed to sell to kick start our spending, Ben went and we got Tim in fairly quickly, we all know the 2 positions we need maybe even 3 and we have our targets and as we see with Fofana his club isn’t playing ball, should we drop it and move on or if that’s the guy we really want test their resolve it’s all a game, we want to get as cheap as possible they want as high as possible, they have obviously said something that suggests they will sell otherwise I think we would have moved on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Depth, I'll grant you, but there is plenty of quality in the first XI with everyone available. Much bigger clubs than us would be interested in pretty much all of them.

Yeah there's some great individual quality don't get me wrong however I just don't see us as a quality team. 

The fact is we haven't got everyone available and have done nothing to strengthen. Do we just drop points until whenever we get our full strength team back? Add in Europe...

The fact that there's talk of our best midfielder having to cover as a defender is all a bit Sunday league - Not premier league.

11 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Hm, you can find an excuse for every transfer but ultimately the over all factor was us not being attractive enough which in itself is a problem for me.

Plenty of other players don't mind relocating and have had their wage and transfer demands met....just us?

In my opinion we just haven't tried hard enough to sign players.

Why do you think it's mainly a matter of not being attractive enough? Maybe Watkins, for example, fancied being first choice somewhere. Something he knew for sure he wouldn't be getting here. Maybe we didn't fancy, or couldn't justify, blowing £30m on a Championship player to sit on our bench all season.

What is your opinion on how hard we've tried to sign players based on? The fact that we've only signed one so far? Couldn't it be that we only want players that improve the squad, and they are proving hard to get? We could easily go out and get squad filler, but couldn't it be the case that we're aiming a bit higher than that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah there's some great individual quality don't get me wrong however I just don't see us as a quality team. 

The fact is we haven't got everyone available and have done nothing to strengthen. Do we just drop points until whenever we get our full strength team back? Add in Europe...

The fact that there's talk of our best midfielder having to cover as a defender is all a bit Sunday league - Not premier league.

Man City have 3 times the amount of players than us, won more than us but also played a midfielder as a CB even when they had CBs available do you think they are Sunday Lge?

Its not as uncommon as you think quite a few teams are/have done it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I love a good grade post. 

C minus for me though, the first was better, this one needs far too much cross referencing to be able to appreciate it. 

The points could be very good but lack context without the far too high level of effort/commitment to untangle them. 

Work harder on presentation 🤣😘

Woooooaaah! this is a flashback to my school reports, hauntingly accurate to be honest.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm honestly trying harder Teacher. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Dare I say again that I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see a Puel-esque deployment of two DMs for this one? - possibly Wilf and Mendy. :ph34r:

Wilf will be CB cos we ain't got any defenders. Mendy and Youri or Mendy and Hamza maybe. The team will look like this in my opinion 

Kasper

Castagne

Ndidi

Soyuncu

Justin

Hamza

Mendy

Tielemans 

Barnes

Vardy

Albrighton

Subs

Ward

Fuchs

Dewsbury Hall

Praet

Gray

Iheanacho 

Perez

31 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Why do you think it's mainly a matter of not being attractive enough? Maybe Watkins, for example, fancied being first choice somewhere. Something he knew for sure he wouldn't be getting here. Maybe we didn't fancy, or couldn't justify, blowing £30m on a Championship player to sit on our bench all season.

What is your opinion on how hard we've tried to sign players based on? The fact that we've only signed one so far? Couldn't it be that we only want players that improve the squad, and they are proving hard to get? We could easily go out and get squad filler, but couldn't it be the case that we're aiming a bit higher than that?

Maybe we need to set our standards a bit lower then.

My opinion is just based on our squad and hard facts.

We shall see as the season pans out. I hope I'm wrong but after all, its only an opinion.