Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

A desire for their players is irrelevant. It’s more to do with a desire to win. We don’t have that, otherwise we would be in the champions league, this team is the softest we’ve had since returning to the premier league. We don’t play particularly good football at the moment, we don’t create a lot of chances and we have important players out. 

The script is easier to predict, we’re on tele, taking on a newly promoted team, we’re depleted and in a run of horrible form, and we have added one player to a side desperate for reinforcements. It will only go one way.  

I hope my positivity trumps your negativity later.  I think our players will be up for a tough game.   At the end of last season, there were too many moments of indicipline.   A disciplined performance should get us 3  points.  

A lot of the time, we do play good football.  Our form this season is hard to gage as the season hasn't started yet.  We do create chances.

It will only go one way.  We don't know what way that will be yet.  The match has to happen first.

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

I hope my positivity trumps your negativity later.  I think our players will be up for a tough game.   At the end of last season, there were too many moments of indicipline.   A disciplined performance should get us 3  points.  

A lot of the time, we do play good football.  Our form this season is hard to gage as the season hasn't started yet.  We do create chances.

It will only go one way.  We don't know what way that will be yet.  The match has to happen first.

I will be the first to eat my words and be happy about it if we win. The club needs a win, just to lift the spirits. 

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

It’s more to do with a desire to win. We don’t have that, = Wrong, we do have that.

otherwise we would be in the champions league = Wrong, their were a multitude of reasons we finished 5th. 

this team is the softest we’ve had since returning to the premier league = Wrong, last seasons tackle stats were high, whilst this tackle stat evidence is not conclusive, nothing based upon stats, fact, opinion back your theory here.

We don’t play particularly good football at the moment, Wrong, the new season kicks off today.

we don’t create a lot of chances = Wrong, we do.

we have important players out = Correct.

The script is easier to predict = Scripts do not exist in Sport, therefore nothing can be completely predicted, chance is easier to predict. 

we’re on tele Every single premier league game is televised.

taking on a newly promoted team = No relevance here at all. Odds should favour us, but that's a betting based system.

we’re depleted and in a run of horrible form = Based upon last season's stats, yes. Based upon this seasons stats, no. 

we have added one player to a side desperate for reinforcements True. Transfer window remains open.

It will only go one way Wrong, according to results with the highest amount of probabilities, there are more ways than one this game will go. 

I disagreed with him too.  Well put.

• Like 1

We need to take a massive step up from everything I’ve seen pre-season and at the end of last season. They have momentum after promotion, we have one new player. 

Not optimistic but it’s going to be wait and see. 

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Benkovic is injured

Replace Benko with Ndidi, and then Mendy coming into the midfield (or Hamza)

And I reckon Albrighton may play right wing back with Castagne on the left instead of Thomas

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

A desire for their players is irrelevant. It’s more to do with a desire to win. We don’t have that, otherwise we would be in the champions league, this team is the softest we’ve had since returning to the premier league. We don’t play particularly good football at the moment, we don’t create a lot of chances and we have important players out. 

The script is easier to predict, we’re on tele, taking on a newly promoted team, we’re depleted and in a run of horrible form, and we have added one player to a side desperate for reinforcements. It will only go one way.  

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

It's more do do with a desire to win. We don't have that: = "Wrong, we do have that". 

Sure about that? https://bit.ly/2FswvWe

Otherwise we would be in the Champions League: = "Wrong, there were a multitude of reasons we finished 5th".

Precisely, that's what's causing his current level of concern. 

This team is the softest we've had since returning to the Premier League: = "Wrong, last seasons tackle stats were high, whilst this tackle stat evidence is not conclusive, nothing based upon stats, fact, opinion back your theory here". 

I think that he was talking about our mettle and our tendency to roll over - which other teams and managers have detected. Didn't our tackling stats plummet off a cliff in 2020 - not helped I guess by the loss of Wilf.

We don't play particularly good football: "Wrong, the new season kicks off today". 

Again, that's the concern...particularly given, that "we don't play particularly good football" 

We don't create a lot of chances: = "Wrong, we do". 

Agree. Unfortunately we seem to encounter great difficulty converting them

We have important players out: = "Correct".

Correct.

The script is easier to predict: = "Scripts do not exist in Sport, therefore nothing can be completely predicted, chance is easier to predict." 

Could you explain that to reactionary and irrational posters on Foxes Talk when the inevitable "Premier League is Fixed" conspiracy theory rears its ugly head the next time an important decision goes against us? Thanks ever so much. Cheers!

We're on Telly: = "Every single premier league game is televised". 

Perhaps he's referring to out historical tendency to embarrass ourselves over the nation's airwaves which appears to have reared its ugly head again?

Taking on a Newly Promoted Team: "No relevance here at all. Odds should favour us, but that's a betting based system". 

Why should "odds favour us" other than as you say the spurious and dubious predictions based upon betting company form algorithms and ominously, Mark Lawrenson's personal prediction. As you yourself said,"it's a new season"

We're depleted and in a run of horrible form: "Based upon last season's stats, yes. Based upon this seasons stats, no.

What in particular do you think has changed in seven weeks other than the arrival of Castagne? The situation may even have got worse.

We have added one player to a side desperate for reinforcements: = "True. Transfer window remains open."

Just think...If only Jonathan Tah had already inked that deal, passed his physical and was available for selection today. And I don't know about you, but haven't slept properly for three weeks with all the anticipation and excitement surrounding the prospect of Djene Dakonam. 

It will only go one way: = "Wrong, according to results with the highest amount of probabilities, there are more ways than one this game will go." 

Don't know about you, but I can think of five. 1/ Win for City 2/ Win for the Baggies 3/ Score draw 4/ No score draw 5/ Match abandoned.

• Like 1