Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I admire your enthusiasm I really do, but I also ask where the evidence is of us turning our horrid form around? We’re still injury hit, we’re stuck horribly short on numbers and we seem to still be playing without confidence. Tomorrow could go well, but it just seems like all the ingredients are present to form a recipe for disaster. 

I would rather we felt we were in a stronger position but we have strengths.  Would you rather have West Brom's players than ours?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Are you aware of the line of thought that positivity/optimism vs negativity/pessimism is actually your choice? 

5-3 vs man u, nobody could have predicted it, it was a real "I was there/where were you when...." moment. 

These are the days we live for. Why we daren't miss a match, because this could be the one. 

I was also there when we lost 5-0 to Bolton opening game, when we went into it with optimism, which for me,  is the exception that proves the rule, that mindset is by and large, a personal choice. 

Disclaimer - I've been a regular on the depression thread and been on anti depressants for 25 years, but you have proven to me that there is always someone worse off than you (miserable, negative etc. Etc. 

Much love 🤣😘

Just being realistic, don’t expect anything and you’ll never get let down.

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Just being realistic, don’t expect anything and you’ll never get let down.

I understand, I've been there myself at times in other areas of my life, but the reality is it could be good, it could be bad. I'm concentrating on the positives, you the negatives. 

Either way, I seem happier than you right now, and as much as you say you won't get let down, I'd bet my house that you will be as pissed off as me if we go all Bolton at home on these, but I've got the excitement now. Embrace it. Shhh.  Whisper it, but This could be the one. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I understand, I've been there myself at times in other areas of my life, but the reality is it could be good, it could be bad. I'm concentrating on the positives, you the negatives. 

Either way, I seem happier than you right now, and as much as you say you won't get let down, I'd bet my house that you will be as pissed off as me if we go all Bolton at home on these, but I've got the excitement now. Embrace it. Shhh.  Whisper it, but This could be the one. 

Hopefully I’m wrong and we come flying out the blocks tomorrow and be 3 up at half time. We’ll see...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, majaco said:

I would rather we felt we were in a stronger position but we have strengths.  Would you rather have West Brom's players than ours?

Not really,  I think we've still got plenty of great talent in the squad but undoubtedly need some fresh faces. What about a manager swap though? 😁

7 hours ago, majaco said:

A desire for their players is irrelevant. It’s more to do with a desire to win. We don’t have that, otherwise we would be in the champions league, this team is the softest we’ve had since returning to the premier league. We don’t play particularly good football at the moment, we don’t create a lot of chances and we have important players out. 

The script is easier to predict, we’re on tele, taking on a newly promoted team, we’re depleted and in a run of horrible form, and we have added one player to a side desperate for reinforcements. It will only go one way.  

• Like 1

Right let’s at least be positive for a bit, we can beat these, we’re better in every department. Hopefully our young squad has taken the lessons from last year and are mentally stronger. We’ve got this people, it’s ok. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A desire for their players is irrelevant. It’s more to do with a desire to win. We don’t have that, otherwise we would be in the champions league, this team is the softest we’ve had since returning to the premier league. We don’t play particularly good football at the moment, we don’t create a lot of chances and we have important players out. 

The script is easier to predict, we’re on tele, taking on a newly promoted team, we’re depleted and in a run of horrible form, and we have added one player to a side desperate for reinforcements. It will only go one way.  

Speaking of scripts are you a writer on Eastenders by any chance?

It's the new season, the pressure from the CL run in will have gone. So I'm positive. 

Aside from 45 minutes against Bournemouth (we'll forget the Spurs game), we actually looked like a good team in those last few games of last season. There's no reason why we can't carry that form over but we do need to grab an early goal I think. 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It's the new season, the pressure from the CL run in will have gone. So I'm positive. 

Aside from 45 minutes against Bournemouth (we'll forget the Spurs game), we actually looked like a good team in those last few games of last season. There's no reason why we can't carry that form over but we do need to grab an early goal I think. 

I certainly don't want us carry any form on from last season. Hopefully Brendan can make a fresh start and instill some belief into these players 

Hoping West Brom are negative and sit back because I worry if our makeshift defence is put under pressure early doors, Ndidi and Soyuncu screams a penalty to be conceded. 

They've got a couple of lively forwards but their defence looks ordinary at best, press and put pressure on them and I'm sure we can create opportunities for Vardy.

It's been shit, but this is a new season, a fresh start and we have some talent. I want to wait at least until the first 45 minutes before getting overly negative so COYB. 

From the BBC website:

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• West Brom have won only one of their past seven matches against Leicester, which have all been in the Premier League.
  • There has not been a home victory in any of the eight Premier League meetings (six away wins, two draws).
  • The Foxes could earn a club record fifth successive top-flight away win against a single opponent.
  • The only previous meeting on the opening weekend of a top-flight campaign was in 1963-64 when they drew 1-1 at The Hawthorns.

West Bromwich Albion

• West Brom have been relegated in four of their 12 previous Premier League campaigns, second only to Norwich City's tally of five.
  • The Baggies have won their opening league match of the season in three of the past four seasons.
  • Matheus Pereira provided 16 league assists in 2019-20, second only to Kevin De Bruyne's 20 in England's top four divisions.

Leicester City

• After collecting 24 points in an eight-game winning run between October and December 2019, Leicester only earned the same number of points in their final 22 league matches of the 2019-20 season.
  • The Foxes have won their opening match in only two of their 14 Premier League campaigns: 1-0 against Aston Villa in 1997-98 and 4-2 versus Sunderland in 2015-16.
  • They have failed to win any of the six matches they have played against newly-promoted sides on the opening weekend of a top-flight season.
  • Harvey Barnes scored nine goals in 26 Championship appearances during a loan spell at West Brom in the first half of the 2018-19 season.

First game of the season and I’m not even excited, no fans allowed, struggling for a back four. Going to be a long slog until we can get back in the stands.

i was more excited by mk dons at home first game of 08/09 season! 

still come on leicester start the season right please:scarf: