Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

West Brom (a) pre match thread

4 minutes ago, He's_Magic said:

Kasp

Tim    Wilf   Cags  Justin

Mendy   Praet

Perez        Youri       Barnes

Vardy

Criminal that we haven't brought in a CB for the start of the season and need to move our best player out if position to cope, but I think it'll be enough to win.

It is what it is, we are trying to secure our preferred target(s) or would you rather we just signed any old Ryan Bennett to plug a short term gap?

• Like 2

Kaser

Justin -- Ndidi -- Soyuncu

Albrighton ------------------- Castagne

Praet -- Youri -- Hamza

Vardy -- Perez

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It's more do do with a desire to win. We don't have that: = "Wrong, we do have that". 

Sure about that? https://bit.ly/2FswvWe - Yes, of course we do. My response was tit-for tat, but it would not be possible for the club to function without the desire to win. .

Otherwise we would be in the Champions League: = "Wrong, there were a multitude of reasons we finished 5th".

Precisely, that's what's causing his current level of concern. I didn't interpret that as the original context. Not having the "desire to win" was his reason for us not being in the Champions League, nothing else was specified. 

This team is the softest we've had since returning to the Premier League: = "Wrong, last seasons tackle stats were high, whilst this tackle stat evidence is not conclusive, nothing based upon stats, fact, opinion back your theory here". 

I think that he was talking about our mettle and our tendency to roll over - which other teams and managers have detected. Didn't our tackling stats plummet off a cliff in 2020 - not helped I guess by the loss of Wilf. I'm unsure exactly what he was talking about. Whilst I agree, there were many moments when we were a bit too nice and didn't display enough "aggression", but football continues to evolve away from that mentality and I don't see it from too many teams in the Prem either. 

We don't play particularly good football: "Wrong, the new season kicks off today". 

Again, that's the concern...particularly given, that "we don't play particularly good football" Of course, based upon the never to be forgotten 2nd half of the 2019-20 season, then that statement stands, but as we stand to day on the precipice of a new season, let's save that for the post match thread. to me what's happened has gone, new start new chances. 

We don't create a lot of chances: = "Wrong, we do". 

Agree. Unfortunately we seem to encounter great difficulty converting them. Let's look forward and see how experience has impacted upon that part of our game. 

We have important players out: = "Correct".

Correct. Correct

The script is easier to predict: = "Scripts do not exist in Sport, therefore nothing can be completely predicted, chance is easier to predict." 

Could you explain that to reactionary and irrational posters on Foxes Talk when the inevitable "Premier League is Fixed" conspiracy theory rears its ugly head the next time an important decision goes against us? Thanks ever so much. Cheers! I'll leave this to our Buddhist Monks. 

We're on Telly: = "Every single premier league game is televised". 

Perhaps he's referring to out historical tendency to embarrass ourselves over the nation's airwaves which appears to have reared its ugly head again? The nostalgia of this historical tendency still makes me smile. ,I for one, used to say it in 1999, however, I'm trying to change the narrative and help people understand it makes no difference anymore.

Taking on a Newly Promoted Team: "No relevance here at all. Odds should favour us, but that's a betting based system". 

Why should "odds favour us" other than as you say the spurious and dubious predictions based upon betting company form algorithms and ominously, Mark Lawrenson's personal prediction. As you yourself said,"it's a new season" I'm completely on board with the chaos theory, but in this game, you only have to look at the difference in league positions to calculate better odds for us, the rest gets more complicated, but you know this.

We're depleted and in a run of horrible form: "Based upon last season's stats, yes. Based upon this seasons stats, no.

What in particular do you think has changed in seven weeks other than the arrival of Castagne? The situation may even have got worse. Personally, I should hope the players have put all that behind them. I'm confident the whole squad had a de-brief and were helped to process it all and move forward, it's basic sports psychology. Personnel wise, it has got worse because of injuries and suspensions. The "situation" should be understood more and given more respect. time will tell on this one. 

We have added one player to a side desperate for reinforcements: = "True. Transfer window remains open."

Just think...If only Jonathan Tah had already inked that deal, passed his physical and was available for selection today. And I don't know about you, but haven't slept properly for three weeks with all the anticipation and excitement surrounding the prospect of Djene Dakonam. Let's see how your sleep pattern continues after the window closes. 

It will only go one way: = "Wrong, according to results with the highest amount of probabilities, there are more ways than one this game will go." 

Don't know about you, but I can think of five. 1/ Win for City 2/ Win for the Baggies 3/ Score draw 4/ No score draw 5/ Match abandoned. Thanks,  much easier than my probabilities, I was thinking in terms of score i.e 0-0,  0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, new ink for the vide-printer 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, someone died, 4-0, 5-0...I mean I could go on.

I love this cross pollinated, tag team partner response.

It's like one of those complicated "see my responses highlighted in red above (i'm f***ing furious)" emails I try to forget. 

Ok, here goes...."see my responses highlighted in red above" arrrgh, no colour pick option, see in bold.

I'm not furious at all, your responses are enjoyable to read, thanks. 

• Like 1

The state of people's negativity in here lol

A ball hasn't even been kicked yet, we're without key players through unfortunate injuries, the transfer window is still open with a chance of signings. 

I wonder if people would just be better off walking away from football all together. 

We can't sign everyone, we can't beat everyone, not all teams can finish in Europe despite spunking tens of millions. Maybe we will finish mid table.. 

2016 continues to ruin the way most of you think. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm feeling excited about the game right now but I get the sneaking suspicion that I'm going to shit the bed when I see the team sheet. 

I really want 2 up top and wing backs due to our weakness on the wings. And I think my optimism may take a dent when go 3 up top. 

Will still do my best and hope the excitement remains but there are concerns. 

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

It is what it is, we are trying to secure our preferred target(s) or would you rather we just signed any old Ryan Bennett to plug a short term gap?

This should be done before the start of the season imo, especially knowing our first choice is suspended. 

Edited by He's_Magic

16 minutes ago, He's_Magic said:

Kasp

Tim    Wilf   Cags  Justin

Mendy   Praet

Perez        Youri       Barnes

Vardy

Criminal that we haven't brought in a CB for the start of the season and need to move our best player out if position to cope, but I think it'll be enough to win.

I reckon I’ll this will be it, although the fullbacks could go either side. Not ideal but if we play to our potential we should have enough to win. I actually think Tielemans will flourish further forwards, he was probably our best player lost lockdown. X 

Benrahma to Palace, Jay Rodriguez to Everton, Watkins to Villa, Lallana to Brighton,  Batshuayi to Palace, Wilson to Newcastle.....

We clearly consider ourselves too good for any of the above. Hopefully Brendans confidence in this generally average squad with very little depth pays off.

I can see us winning today but over the course of the season we will evidently show our lack of quality and depth and be mid table at best.

Beyond belief the lack of improvement this club has made.

Sorry Vardy, the goals are all down to you again - Good Luck!

Some of the squad choices I've seen here I wouldn't even trust for a league 2 friendly.

Edited by adejo92
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I love this cross pollinated, tag team partner response.

It's like one of those complicated "see my responses highlighted in red above (i'm f***ing furious)" emails I try to forget. 

Ok, here goes...."see my responses highlighted in red above" arrrgh, no colour pick option, see in bold.

I'm not furious at all, your responses are enjoyable to read, thanks. 

lol I realised half way through that it was a right headache...there was more potential for switching colours than a plastic Premier League glory hunter. 

It was more intended for a bit of light relief - I think we're all slightly apprehensive about this afternoon. I agree with many elements of each of your posts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1