Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

What the bloody hell are you talking about? How is Mendy not making the squad an example of Rodgers egotistical ways?

It was a choice between Mendy and Hamza for the last spot and Mendy was half way out the door and Hamza fits the criteria for a home grown player in Europe - it’s not rocket science.

Preat was a different story, he didn’t want to be a bench player and fair play to him - but when every is fit, he’s not in our best 11.

Also Iheanacho is not our top man, he is a decent player but anyway you look at it, our third choice striker.

Because Rodgers likes his players his way or the highway as the yanks say. That's the truth about it. Praet didn't play at all in the end of last season when perez and Maddison were awful. Now kelechi only plays as a striker when he's more versatile than that, which limits him. We all knew benko wouldn't have done anything him ever, shouldn't have registered him over mendy.  Don't get me wrong I'm not Rodgers out, but these are all small examples of his biggest issue, which is his willingness to be more pragmatic. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Calling Under dross a bit rich considering he is doing exceptionally well at Marseille.

Comparing Lookman to Under is like comparing Suzuki to BMW. 

You just need to watch both players games and goals and read their stats and contributions.

That's why we have Google and YouTube for......

Under could win the Ballon D'or elsewhere it doesn't really matter.

He was pretty poor here, the simple fact Lookman has had more of impact.

Comparing the Ligue 1 and the PL is also like comparing Suzuki to BMW, which probably explains why his doing well.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Calling Under dross a bit rich considering he is doing exceptionally well at Marseille.

Comparing Lookman to Under is like comparing Suzuki to BMW. 

You just need to watch both players games and goals and read their stats and contributions.

That's why we have Google and YouTube for......

hqdefault.jpg.57415742378fd07cb73cdf78e5f0a0e1.jpg

2e11a9426b2a0df721cd33f13107cf75.jpg.efd6cce707abd63ff8afdad5ae7e2675.jpg

• Haha 4

He's not good enough. Offers almost nothing in possession and doesn't ahem the legs to be much use defensively. Leeds at home last season he was just out of his depth and pulled out of position constantly and couldn't protect the defence at all.

He's costed us something like £292,500 per appearance, giving him a new contract and then not registering him in the squad was stupid. 

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not an assist but he made a great turn against man city to set up a goal, think it was a pre pre assist (if that's a thing). He's never going to set the world alight but he's steady.

I think this sums up how little he contributes that this is everyone's go to highlight of him :D

• Like 1

The Turkish window does not shut until February 8th so he does conceivably have time to play all the way through to the final and still make a move. IIIRC there was interest from a few clubs that never quite materialised in the summer. He could easily make that move in this window but it's deathly quiet so I agree with everyone saying a re-registration is more likely.

27 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

The Turkish window does not shut until February 8th so he does conceivably have time to play all the way through to the final and still make a move. IIIRC there was interest from a few clubs that never quite materialised in the summer. He could easily make that move in this window but it's deathly quiet so I agree with everyone saying a re-registration is more likely.

I believe it was Galatasaray last summer he tried to go to on deadline day but because he was with Senegal there wasn’t enough time to complete the deal

Hopefully they renew their interest - would think after his performances in AFCON there would be some slight interest somewhere

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I believe it was Galatasaray last summer he tried to go to on deadline day but because he was with Senegal there wasn’t enough time to complete the deal

Hopefully they renew their interest - would think after his performances in AFCON there would be some slight interest somewhere

Yes, you’re right, that was it. He’s certainly had a good Afcon and is getting a few media shoutouts which definitely won’t harm our case if we are looking to sell him this window.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This might be the greatest example of improvement by disassociation ever. He's miles off it. I prefer Soumare and I'm unconvinced by him either.

But fair play on the Senegal run.

Read page 12 of this thread. Can’t move for people calling him player of the season so far last year (when we were still winning…!)

• Like 1

On 25/10/2020 at 21:24, Wolfox said:

A little bump up for the beautiful man…. Was outstanding again today…. 

I love how he always tries to take it on the half turn and tries to be positive….

Busy - hustling - effective  

He continues to have a great start to the season…. So glad we got him to sign up…

On 25/10/2020 at 21:24, sdb said:

Class

On 25/10/2020 at 21:24, teblin said:

Brilliant tonight! Beat me to it was just searching for the thread!

On 25/10/2020 at 21:24, Tielemans63 said:

I thought Nampalys was sensational today. Absolutely brilliant.

On 25/10/2020 at 21:25, ferry67 said:

Wilf will have to fight for his place at this rate!

On 25/10/2020 at 21:25, Steve shinner said:

Absolutely top class performance. We can’t do without him

On 25/10/2020 at 21:26, Messi said:

I’m so glad that he signed that contract and we are seeing what he is capable of. It would have been absolutely gutting to see him playing like this for another club. What a player. Absolutely class yet again. 

On 25/10/2020 at 21:28, StriderHiryu said:

mendy.gif

My man of the match! He policed the midfield all night long and kept the ball going. I think he's been our most consistent player this season! Not the best, but he's always played well for us.

On 25/10/2020 at 21:29, Clarkielcfc said:

Player of the season.... so far.... for me 👍🏼

On 25/10/2020 at 21:31, RoboFox said:

Mendy was sublime again tonight.

All credit to the guy, it wasn’t that long ago he was basically told he was surplus to requirements. He’s been patient, waited for an opportunity, and has looked like a new signing.

Fantastic attitude and long may it continue.

On 25/10/2020 at 21:31, Guest said:

What a remarkable little man

On 25/10/2020 at 21:32, Farrington fox said:

I’m so fvcking pleased it’s come good for him, he’s been written off time after time. He’s rejuvenated under Rodgers. 

A few highlights for the lazy

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Read page 12 of this thread. Can’t move for people calling him player of the season so far last year (when we were still winning…!)

Yeah plenty were speaking highly of him and he did have a couple of decent games but I personally think it was slight overcompensation due to how many had totally written him off. I just don't really see what he's good at. You have to play three defenders to cover up the fact teams steamroll us through the middle when he plays which costs you a player elsewhere and he's not really got any ambition in his passing either. He's decent at 'recycling' but honestly, I'd back the vast majority of midfielders to be able to do that if that's what they limited themselves to.

Given there's a squad space free then he'll be registered but he's not the answer and I just can't be convinced of it.

9 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

A few highlights for the lazy

all dated on the same day, presumably after a win! 

EDIT: 1-0 at the Arse

he did well in that period when wilf was injured - he should have been used in EL games to give wilf more rests but our squad was screwed 

Edited by st albans fox