Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

36 minutes ago, Stadt said:

https://youtu.be/ve7RmI_xO7k

This is classic Mendy, nowhere near the opposition most of the time. Leeds' third goal shows up his total lack of physicality 

You have chosen a particularly bad display from him there. I think it’s a little harsh. He’s a decent player, and worthy of a place in the squad for the remainder of the season imo.

id like to see him and Ndidi in against Liverpool away, shielding our shakey back four.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

You have chosen a particularly bad display from him there. I think it’s a little harsh. He’s a decent player, and worthy of a place in the squad for the remainder of the season imo.

id like to see him and Ndidi in against Liverpool away, shielding our shakey back four.

His physicality is a constant though, he just doesn’t have the legs to put enough pressure on the opposition midfielders so defensively it’s an issue.

He offers nothing (positive) in possession either so he adds very little to the side. Ndidi and Mendy together puts us under more pressure because they can’t get us up the pitch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

https://youtu.be/ve7RmI_xO7k

This is classic Mendy, nowhere near the opposition most of the time. Leeds' third goal shows up his total lack of physicality 

that was pretty common when we played him in the Wilf role in a 4 2 3 1/ 4 1 4 1 season.where we pushed further up the pitch and would be very vulnerable on the counter. Played well earlier last season when we were playing 5 4 1 sitting deeper on the counter but not effective in the solo CDM role. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

It might be in the video above but I feel like I remember Mendy getting bodied in transition, us conceding, and him pretty much never playing for us again?

Spurs at home would be my guess. Massive error in hindsight to put him on rather than Amartey as it took Ndidi out of midfield.

If a player is only good when he's in an ultra protected system then that's because he's not actually that good, is the bluntest way I can put it.

On 31/01/2022 at 13:07, fuchsntf said:

Shit red car...

But that Bubble-Thing has Great character..Tells a story.

My family had one during the fuel crisis in the early 70's, BMW-Isetta I think. I would hate to crash one, but then you could say the same about most cars up until quite recently.

39 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Spurs at home would be my guess. Massive error in hindsight to put him on rather than Amartey as it took Ndidi out of midfield.

If a player is only good when he's in an ultra protected system then that's because he's not actually that good, is the bluntest way I can put it.

Rodgers can sometimes over-correct. At the time, it didn’t look like he had another choice as he didn’t think Amartey could play in a central pairing rather than a 3 man defence. 

Choudhury would have given us more physical presence and came on in the FA Cup Final but didn’t come on first vs Spurs after what happened in the Man U game the season before. 

Like I said, and other posters have, Mendy is good in possession and could make an important impact off the bench for game management given our weakness in that so far this season. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

My family had one during the fuel crisis in the early 70's, BMW-Isetta I think. I would hate to crash one, but then you could say the same about most cars up until quite recently.

One of my older Uncles & older Cousin Way back, end of the 50s & through to the  70s,But

used to have an Isetta, & Messerschmitt, then a French model,cant remember the name...

My Uncle said, if was his first car ,my auntie actually loved the Isetta, But she said for her , the traffic was just getting too heavy for longer distances

( From 50s into the 60s), But later also  enjoyed my Uncle's later hobby, of tinkering around with various bubble-models.

They use to go to Bubble car meetings...for fun they went on a France Camping holiday,I believe that was with the Messerschmitt with small trailer..

Their normal car, After 5-6yrs of only the Isetta, was the Mayflower...Then a Triumph vitesse..

but  played around  still with the bubbles .until he passed away in the 1980s...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

One of my older Uncles & older Cousin Way back, end of the 50s & through to the  70s,But

used to have an Isetta, & Messerschmitt, then a French model,cant remember the name...

My Uncle said, if was his first car ,my auntie actually loved the Isetta, But she said for her , the traffic was just getting too heavy for longer distances

( From 50s into the 60s), But later also  enjoyed my Uncle's later hobby, of tinkering around with various bubble-models.

They use to go to Bubble car meetings...for fun they went on a France Camping holiday,I believe that was with the Messerschmitt with small trailer..

Their normal car, After 5-6yrs of only the Isetta, was the Mayflower...Then a Triumph vitesse..

but  played around  still with the bubbles .until he passed away in the 1980s...

The stories around the cars are what make them special. Cars used to be the difference between a tolerable existence and an enviable one, especially for men, but their role in liberating women was huge. Men were allowed motorbikes, of course, but girls not so much.

I don't think we had the Bubble car long, it wasn't a long range car, but it made a big impression on us kids. I always remember the air of incredulity when we got in and the door was shut. It didn't seem right. No reverse gear! The Messerschmitt's are my favourite because they obviously didn't do a great deal of retooling in the immediate post war period! Just used what they had, I guess.

You don't really see bubble cars in the UK much, the rot and the salt got them, but I think they were assembled here for a while.