Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

From what I saw of AFCON, the standard was quite poor and the football was generally negative, so it's not really a surprise to me that Mendy excelled.

He's a tidy little player, and it was a mistake to leave him out of our PL squad, but if anyone thinks he's somehow going to save our season I think they are in for a rude awakening.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

From what I saw of AFCON, the standard was quite poor and the football was generally negative, so it's not really a surprise to me that Mendy excelled.

He's a tidy little player, and it was a mistake to leave him out of our PL squad, but if anyone thinks he's somehow going to save our season I think they are in for a rude awakening.

Afcon has improved dramatically. I'm African, and i watched almost every game of any importance and he dominated most. Remember it's an incredibly physical tournament and requires a lot in that aspect. I don't think he's gonna transform us but he's more than a decent option. Especially as a backup. Miles better than choudhury ever was. Will Rodgers use him is another question. Probably not, he's stubborn 

• Like 2

I’m finding all of the clubs official social channels promotion of the AFCON win quite cringey, like they’re almost trying to claim some of Mendy’s glory.

If he was a first team regular and hadn’t been left out of our squads or stopped from leaving I’d get it, but today it just comes off a little crass. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Great to see the little man back on the pitch  today.  Such a neat and tidy player!

Thought I was seeing things after the stream went down to see 24 moving about. Distributing passes and in general calming things down a bit. Well done to him. We both need that.:)

Edited by SO1

When he came on he made us look so much more solid. He did this by simply playing in his position asa DM. Ndidi has to stop roaming round and leaving the back 4 exposed. Happy to have Mendy back in the squad. He could do with a few more minutes to get him back upto speed fully. 

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Shame he’s not in our European squad. Bad move, that. Might have been useful against Rennes.

Stupid not to have named him instead of Jakupovic IMO and then just used Odunze as 3rd choice keeper.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Maybe, . But I'd bet there are plenty of teams in the lower reaches of euro competition that don't even employ 3 keepers, so on that basis it'd be an odd rule

Just checked the rules. Must have at least 3 keepers in total, but only 2 of those have to come from the A list squad. We have 3 keepers in the A list so technically, yes, you are correct - they could have swapped out Jakupovic for Mendy.

• Thanks 1