Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I think the problem is the other midfielders when being pressed panic. Wilf is as likely to smash it in your face as find a pass under pressure.

Yeah that could be the issue. In terms of a central midfielder playmaker, Tielemans has a lot of weight on his shoulders tbf

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Great performance BUT this was exactly Tielemans type of game

If he’s given time and not pressed, he’ll orchestrate. You won’t find much better at keeping the game ticking along

This is an interesting season for Youri Tielemans. If he can start to control games when being put under pressure by sides that get forward quickly, then he’ll have evolved into a truly class midfielder. If he keeps getting over-run in that type of game, he’ll stay just a good premiership midfielder.

Big season for the lad this one imo

Didn't think it was a great performance but certainly his best for a very long while. You're right in that he can be fantastic when he's got time but he needs to up his tempo in thought and deed when it comes to sides that will harry and hurry him. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

5 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I think the problem is the other midfielders when being pressed panic. Wilf is as likely to smash it in your face as find a pass under pressure.

I think Mendy also helped in that he was difficult to dislodge with the ball, he stayed cool and that created more space for Youri with players committed. 

• Like 1

Just remembered the free-kick he had. Imagine if that went in :o 

He had the freedom to find space with Mendy and Praet around him, mainly the former sitting deep. Sometimes that's where Youri sits when Maddison plays and tries to play from there but not always great. Today he had the opportunity to really get a foothold in the game and control it from further forward. 

I know it was only West Brom but seeing those 3 play in the middle today gives me some confidence of getting through matches where we might miss Maddison or have injuries.

I think this year could be his best yet for us, he looked so switched on and the fittest I've ever seen him. I had to look twice at the 86 min mark when I saw him Sprint quite fast  over 25 yards to win a tackle, kose the tackle and track back immediately. 

Well played Youri MOTM for me today although some quality all round, we are a very good team when we're on it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Watching Denmark vs Belgium last weekend and Tielemans looked absolutely mint in the midfield. Was thinking, please Youri, same again next weekend. He was class today and generally looks much sharper and fitter. He's one of those players. When he has a great game, we tend to win the midfield battle, create more, score more and win more.

Tielemans already looked sharp and fit in the couple of pre-season appearances he made. It was obvious that lower league opposition had no answer to his skill.

With Maddison slowly coming back, there's genuine hope that we can see more of the glorious movement and link-up play we say during his initial loan spell... Mouthwatering prospect!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Collymore said:

Thought he was pretty average today. Not really bad but certainly no where near what he's capable of. 

Really? I would recommend, if you get time rewatching that game, he just oozed class, was by far the best player on the pitch.

I don’t remember the last time I watched Leicester and was pleading with Others to give the ball to an individual.

He was so good yesterday, always looking to make things happen. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Didn't think it was a great performance but certainly his best for a very long while. You're right in that he can be fantastic when he's got time but he needs to up his tempo in thought and deed when it comes to sides that will harry and hurry him. 

Though WBA were not offering Too much after the 1St 20minutes,all game  they did press high and Chased/Pressed our midfield, this is still the PL, and Tielemans and CO dealt with the opposition on their own turf..

And taking this forums ( with few exceptions) majority of negative posts Building up to this game....We must of played more than decent...and at an higher Quality than the doubters actually believed we had...!!!

Tielemans is rightly an international, he came out with his First PL game of the season,with only positives.

So egg on faces,and humble pie faire, has been dished out in platefulls, to those who keep insisting on scratching & digging at the negatives....

Edited by fuchsntf

20 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Though WBA were not offering Too much after the 1St 20minutes,all game  they did press high and Chased/Pressed our midfield, this is still the PL, and Tielemans and CO dealt with the opposition on their own turf..

And taking this forums ( with few exceptions) majority of negative posts Building up to this game....We must of played more than decent...and at an higher Quality than the doubters actually believed we had...!!!

Tielemans is rightly an international, he came out with his First PL game of the season,with only positives.

So egg on faces,and humble pie faire, has been dished out in platefulls, to those who keep insisting on scratching & digging at the negatives....

Not a negative post by me at all, just objective. As I said, he played well, though not great, and will need to ensure he does that and more against teams who will be quicker and better than West Brom. 

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Not a negative post by me at all, just objective. As I said, he played well, though not great, and will need to ensure he does that and more against teams who will be quicker and better than West Brom. 

:)..:yesyes:

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Spot on

That’s not negative, it’s the truth

We saw so many games last season where Tielemans was completely over-run, actually leading to a lot of criticism on this forum

(Surprise surprise)

• Like 1