Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This current team when on song is the best LCFC team to watch for the purist that we've ever had. Don't get me wrong I loved seeing a blistering 15/16 counter attack or even some nice wing back play from MON's teams, but watching us play pass and move like this is brilliant.

But I'd have to say that Praet's pass from last season in the Cup was still better than this one!

Cz6cHpF.gif

Whenever I think of Praet that pass move runs through my mind. The blessing of seeing pictures in my head. The ability to create that on the field absolutely blows my mind. Magic.

9 hours ago, SO1 said:

Whenever I think of Praet that pass move runs through my mind. The blessing of seeing pictures in my head. The ability to create that on the field absolutely blows my mind. Magic.

You see, when Praet first hit the pass and watching it back a few times over, it seemed like he scuffed it and got lucky. However when you look closer and actually see how he strikes the ball and the sort of short follow through, he meant it 100%. That pass is possibly one of the greatest long passes, if only he played for a "big club". 

On to Yuri's pass for Castagne, that was simply sensational. It was on par, if not better than some of KDB's passing. These Belgium players can play some crazy stuff! 

20 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

About that Praet pass vs Brentford.... how does the ball slow down towards the end? It’s NUTS

If you look at the way he passes the ball, toward the end of his strike he visibly pulls back a little bit to control the pace of the ball, so he definitely meant it to be a "grass-cutter" style pass, almost like a golfer applying backspin or similar. Perhaps the bounces were a bit lucky (though after seeing Dennis play, he may well have meant it!) but that pass is insane because of the distance it travels, the way it starts as a fast pass but slows down, the accuracy of it, the way it goes through 3 different lines of defensive block on the pitch, and the way that Perez doesn't even have to break stride to play the first time cross.

At first you might think it lucky, but you only need to watch Praet play to know the guy is a technician. His quality on the ball is unbelievable and the only reason he hasn't got more caps / isn't more famous is because he plays for the number 1 ranked team in the world. It's early days, but playing as the attacking number 8 in the team really suits him and suits our style. There is definitely a very clear understanding between all of the 3 Belgian players as you see they instinctively know when to run and make spaces for one another.

You'd have to say that on current form Maddison needs to play his way into the team to get his place back. According to WhoScored, Praet is actually our top ranked player so far this season, though I have to say I don't think he's even been our best Belgian lol! Tielemans so far has been our best player, he's dictated both the games he's been in. Castagne is only inches behind him - the last time a player hit the ground running as quickly and effective as he has done was a diminutive little French / Malian fella. Kante I believe his name was...

So far this season though I'd say that Tielemans, Praet, Mendy and Barnes all seem to have gone up a level from last year. Given the number of young players in our team, that should happen naturally but it's very exciting to see it take place before our eyes. Hopefully they can keep it up!

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If you look at the way he passes the ball, toward the end of his strike he visibly pulls back a little bit to control the pace of the ball, so he definitely meant it to be a "grass-cutter" style pass, almost like a golfer applying backspin or similar. Perhaps the bounces were a bit lucky (though after seeing Dennis play, he may well have meant it!) but that pass is insane because of the distance it travels, the way it starts as a fast pass but slows down, the accuracy of it, the way it goes through 3 different lines of defensive block on the pitch, and the way that Perez doesn't even have to break stride to play the first time cross.

At first you might think it lucky, but you only need to watch Praet play to know the guy is a technician. His quality on the ball is unbelievable and the only reason he hasn't got more caps / isn't more famous is because he plays for the number 1 ranked team in the world. It's early days, but playing as the attacking number 8 in the team really suits him and suits our style. There is definitely a very clear understanding between all of the 3 Belgian players as you see they instinctively know when to run and make spaces for one another.

You'd have to say that on current form Maddison needs to play his way into the team to get his place back. According to WhoScored, Praet is actually our top ranked player so far this season, though I have to say I don't think he's even been our best Belgian lol! Tielemans so far has been our best player, he's dictated both the games he's been in. Castagne is only inches behind him - the last time a player hit the ground running as quickly and effective as he has done was a diminutive little French / Malian fella. Kante I believe his name was...

So far this season though I'd say that Tielemans, Praet, Mendy and Barnes all seem to have gone up a level from last year. Given the number of young players in our team, that should happen naturally but it's very exciting to see it take place before our eyes. Hopefully they can keep it up!

The only thing I can possibly equate that to is the hours and hours I spent as a kid playing baseball and learning how to control the balls speed and movement with hand positioning on the ball and body mechanics. Basketball was the same with the types of spin(english:)) on the ball to create speed and type of bounce off the floor and backboard.

Seeing those types of skills pulled off on a what seems like a giant football field seems like a miracle to me. Like stopping time. Makes the other club look like they're standing still just watching. Watching the last man defending off that Tielemans pass yesterday made me just laugh. Crazy stuff. Thank You.

Edited by SO1

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Tielemans has got the ability to play right at the top. He's an absolute class player. He needs the movement around him and he will pick it out time and time again. Best passer we have by a distance.

He has been taking the set pieces in the absence of Madders. Instead of Madders taking all the corners etc l think they could mix it up a little given that Tielemans has an excellent delivery.

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Tielemans has got the ability to play right at the top. He's an absolute class player. He needs the movement around him and he will pick it out time and time again. Best passer we have by a distance.

Elite footballer, if he gets himself in to the condition he has and his fitness is optimum and as you say has the movement around him then he is just unbelievable. Looking forward to the goals and assists returning too.

9 minutes ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

He has been taking the set pieces in the absence of Madders. Instead of Madders taking all the corners etc l think they could mix it up a little given that Tielemans has an excellent delivery.

Agree. A player with Tielemans' level of technical ability should surely be a good set piece taker by default.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Elite footballer, if he gets himself in to the condition he has and his fitness is optimum and as you say has the movement around him then he is just unbelievable. Looking forward to the goals and assists returning too.

He really is. I never really understood why he was so iffy last year, he wasn't poor, but he just wasn't anywhere near as good as what we know he can produce. I watched that Belgium game at Denmark, mainly for Castagne, and my only take away from that game was just how much we need to somehow bring the best out of Tielemans.

I do think he's one of these who'll be stifled somewhat if the movement isn't around him. He's a bit of a Pogba in some ways.

• Like 1

Been outstanding this season. Think Mendy has really helped Youri aswell. Nampalys is very comfortable and reliable when he receives the ball from defence, which allows Youri to concentrate on the pre-assists & getting the ball to our dangerous players. 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Been outstanding this season. Think Mendy has really helped Youri aswell. Nampalys is very comfortable and reliable when he receives the ball from defence, which allows Youri to concentrate on the pre-assists & getting the ball to our dangerous players. 

Agreed, I think having Praet and Mendy next to him means we can always play the short pass to get out of trouble. Wilf is of course an incredible player, but Mendy is doing that Busquets / Joe Allen role that Rodgers loves so much, and it makes a big difference to the entire team.

• Like 2