Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Maybe he was missing Ndidi doing the ball chasing.

but he looked like he was in Running in treacle from about 60mins.

I felt for him. He clearly put some kind of shift in, more than plenty of others. With him being the only one tracking Bowen back you just knew their 3rd was coming, but that's not a slant on him.

He just lacked anyone to help be creative in the midfield and take some of the pressure off him today. 

• Like 3

He was knackered and needed replacing but bringing on Choudhury, our only real option when chasing a goal wouldn't have gone down well. Has he played every minute so far? We always drag Praet off winning if losing but we need to manage Tielemans fatigue levels. 

Slightly worrying that he's already at that stage with the games to come, albeit with a minimal pre season. 

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

He was knackered and needed replacing but bringing on Choudhury, our only real option when chasing a goal wouldn't have gone down well. Has he played every minute so far? We always drag Praet off winning if losing but we need to manage Tielemans fatigue levels. 

Slightly worrying that he's already at that stage with the games to come, albeit with a minimal pre season. 

Our usual style of play (as in, when we're not being over-run or losing badly) suits Tielemans though, where we control and are dominant/productive in possession, so therefore he's not running up and down constantly.

A game like today, where he's one of 2 midfielders with West Ham's style of play did require a hell of a lot extra running. 

The positive out of it is that he was still going at the end. Not like he stopped running or just gave up (like Rodri last week against us!).

Love the guy but today he was very poor. All I seen him do was running around very laboured looking not doing much. Getting bullied and giving the ball away. He’s a big influence on our team. Our centre backs were the worst thing about our game today tho

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

He needed some help. Mendy was gash and nobody else was helping him. 

1 minute ago, teblin said:

I personally though mendy was about the only person that just about did his job.

Most comments on the ratings thread were praising Mendy, so I clearly have to rewatch the game (without the in-game anxiety :teehee: ), because it’s not my recollection.

On 21/09/2020 at 01:12, Col city fan said:

Loved watching him last night. So composed and oozed class

But, opposition wise, we’ve had a relatively easy start

We all know Tielemans can go missing against opposition that don’t give him time. So much so that he was last season an object of ridicule on this very forum

So let’s see if he’s developing into a player who can make time for himself against the better opposition. 
If so, he’ll become one of the best CM’s in the Premiership 

Today being a prime example

Stamp on Tielemans, give him no time and he’ll stop performing 

I know it’s unfashionable on here to praise opposition players but I thought Rice today was exceptional in doing exactly that

I remember Brian Clough’s team talk to dirty Leeds when they were about to go out and play QPR....’stop Stanley Bowls, that’s all you need to do’

I imagine opposition team talks about us to be on a similar vein:

’Just stop Youri Tielemans from playing’

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Today being a prime example

Stamp on Tielemans, give him no time and he’ll stop performing 

I know it’s unfashionable on here to praise opposition players but I thought Rice today was exceptional in doing exactly that

I remember Brian Clough’s team talk to dirty Leeds when they were about to go out and play QPR....’stop Stanley Bowls, that’s all you need to do’

I imagine opposition team talks about us to be on a similar vein:

’Just stop Youri Tielemans from playing’

👍

Whilst I don’t disagree I think it’s simplifying it a bit. He had quite a lot of opportunities and space to pick passes and play balls. Problem was there was often no movement, or it nigh on impossible to thread a pass because of all the bodies. And we lacked the other creative option for him to lay it off to if it wasn’t on, so he was taking risks that perhaps he normally wouldn’t take, due to all the pressure being on him to be creative.

Our own lack of options, injuries etc stifled him just as much as anything West Ham did.

Not enough mobility in a midfield 2 of Tielemans and Mendy. Tielemans needs to be given less ground to cover so he can stay sharp for 90 mins and pull strings.

Hopefully we won't have another situation were Ndidi, Praet and Maddison are all injured after the international break.