Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Can't pass to anybody if there's nobody making good runs. Predictable absolutely bollocked by about an hour. I'm finding it hard to blame Tielemans, about the only player who tried to make something happen.

This, I’ve said it time and time again.

Felt sorry for him yesterday, basically our whole attack rested on him, while he was also having to pull his weight in a two man midfield. Was blowing out his arse by about 70 minutes though which was concerning given how much of the ball we had in the second half. That video of him trying to run when Rice hit the bar is a painful watch.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Thought he had a poor game overall but sign of a top top player is having an off day and still pinging that stunning pass to under

I wouldn't say he was that poor basing it on the context of that game which lacked quality but as you said, when it mattered he pulled off that pass.

Factor in that he'd been chasing the ball most of the game, he's under pressure/being closed down and that pass is actually unbelievably good. He's really starting to show what he can do now.

22 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Thought he had a poor game overall but sign of a top top player is having an off day and still pinging that stunning pass to under

Yeah that was my take on it too. He gave it away rather sloppily a few times and didn't really dictate the game in the first 60. But going back to 4141 got him back to being decent again, and he's a player that can make that moment of magic happen for us, which he certainly did today. Lucky to have him!

• Like 1

I don't think his first half performance warrants the label of 'poor'. There was little in front of him to pass to purely because of the way we were set up. 

The moment we started to realise we could win because of change of personnel and shape, is the moment we saw what he's capable of.

That ball to Under had to be perfect and it was. He was probably knackered as he's played a lot of football since the start of the season - more than any other midfielder for us perhaps? - so to carry on and turn up when it mattered and when the opportunity presented itself deserves praise. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

I felt sorry for him, Because of the starting formation he didn’t have a forward pass on to make. It’s no surprise as soon as Vardy came on and we swapped formation he shone. It’s seems a waste having someone so creative and shackling him. We have to start Under, Vardy, Barnes together to give Tielemans the players to slide in. 

Edited by frany104
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

This bloke is our Mahrez replacement. Shit to average for 80 minutes but pulls out the moment of magic to win us a game more often than not.

Love him.

assist wise yes, not quite up to his level on the goals but if he keeps providing we dont mind

That game was Tielemans encapsulated. Thought he struggled for quite a bit of that and I was calling for him to be subbed, but he pulls off the pass of the game and it opens up a sitter.

Seems to be getting lots of bookings mind you. 4 yellows in 5 games.

5 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

This bloke is our Mahrez replacement. Shit to average for 80 minutes but pulls out the moment of magic to win us a game more often than not.

Love him.

Wish I could be shit at work all day and pull it out the bag for 10 seconds.  Usually it's the manager doing that with the PA

Guest bss9401
2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That game was Tielemans encapsulated. Thought he struggled for quite a bit of that and I was calling for him to be subbed, but he pulls off the pass of the game and it opens up a sitter.

Seems to be getting lots of bookings mind you. 4 yellows in 5 games.

You are quite right about the bookings but I think it's because he may have been asked to be a bit more combative and aggressive in the absence of Ndidi and his timing isn't quite there. If so it could improve his all round ability and help us in the long term.

On the plus side Youri seems to be getting better at drawing fouls if he is held up and we need to buy a few seconds.

He showed his vital importance last night.

He captained us.

I doubt Kaspar would easily relinquish the Captain's arm band, and there's no real reason he should right now, but it won't be too long before Tielemans is made captain. 

Obvious. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

You are quite right about the bookings but I think it's because he may have been asked to be a bit more combative and aggressive in the absence of Ndidi and his timing isn't quite there. If so it could improve his all round ability and help us in the long term.

On the plus side Youri seems to be getting better at drawing fouls if he is held up and we need to buy a few seconds.

Youri's last few yellow cards have been from professional fouls when we've coughed up possession, thereby stopping the counter attack. Nothing wrong with his timing in the tackle at all.

• Like 2