Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've often said we need to be more snide like that. Tactical fouls to stop attacks. Maddison did it yesterday on Lacazette. Youri's done it a few times. I don't mind it. Teams do it against us. Other teams do it more regularly. Take one for the team and it frustrates the opposition too. 

Totally agree. It's something that I've noticed has been introduced into our game more and more recently, as opposed to previous seasons. It gives everyone a chance to reset and get players back behind the ball.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've often said we need to be more snide like that. Tactical fouls to stop attacks. Maddison did it yesterday on Lacazette. Youri's done it a few times. I don't mind it. Teams do it against us. Other teams do it more regularly. Take one for the team and it frustrates the opposition too. 

Any idiot complaining about that foul really needs to watch a different sport, it was a cynical foul for tactical reasons and he should be applauded.

• Like 1

Quality player, and I’m a massive fan .... but 3 minutes into a game and his facial expression is of someone that’s just sprint finished a marathon, is doubled over gasping for breath and told to collect his medal from the 4th floor! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Quality player, and I’m a massive fan .... but 3 minutes into a game and his facial expression is of someone that’s just sprint finished a marathon, is doubled over gasping for breath and told to collect his medal from the 4th floor! 

I think he's just one of those players that 'looks' naturally unfit. His running style is similar to Paula Radcliffe, he looks laboured and tired all the time. 

Having said that, although he's certainly not the quickest with his feet, his brain is lightening quick and often sees things before they happen. 

He's a top class central midfielder 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

It's so strange, it looks like he's blowing out his arse after about 5 minutes. But then 80 minutes in he does that. 

• Like 1

Overall I didn't think it was one of his better games for us tonight. To many lose passes when in good possession. He did step up with that sublime pass to Under for the goal, and that's what good players do. Produce something from nothing.

I still think he has another gear and will get better.

Counter to what some are saying in this thread, I noticed that Youri seemed a lot fitter yesterday.

After a largely frustrating game on the ball (until that magnificent pass!) he could have easily let his head drop and not expended the required effort, but he was always where he needed to be defensively and to receive the ball in midfield - a real workhorse performance.

He's got real grit and determination in his game, as well as obvious quality. All the ingredients of a top player.

I think he has definitely been developing the defensive side of his game and helping fill the void left by Ndidi. Three matches in a row now he has taken a yellow for the team, which has completely stopped an attack from developing. We've not done that well in recent years, which has led us to conceding penalties & stupid goals, as well as needless sending offs for our defenders. Madders did the same yesterday, so it must be something we have looked at for this season.

His fitness has definitely improved as well, he was still quick to close down at the end of the game and still had enough in him to play a great ball for Cengiz. Only missed 21 minutes for both us an Belgium since the season started... Wouldn't be surprised to see him start again on Thursday.

Edit: Just realised the other international game and Carabao are missing from this list... so he has missed loads more minutes, I'm talking out my arse. :D

image.png.d06d171792743bd7528b7f5d4d220770.png

Edited by Daz93
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daz93 said:

I think he has definitely been developing the defensive side of his game and helping fill the void left by Ndidi. Three matches in a row now he has taken a yellow for the team, which has completely stopped an attack from developing. We've not done that well in recent years, which has led us to conceding penalties & stupid goals, as well as needless sending offs for our defenders. Madders did the same yesterday, so it must be something we have looked at for this season.

His fitness has definitely improved as well, he was still quick to close down at the end of the game and still had enough in him to play a great ball for Cengiz. Only missed 21 minutes for both us an Belgium since the season started... Wouldn't be surprised to see him start again on Thursday.

image.png.d06d171792743bd7528b7f5d4d220770.png

I agree we were far too nice last season, while I don’t like these tactical fouls it is to the benefit of the team, and a lot of teams even the best sides do it. 

Sensational player. Young and probably a year or two from perfection. He will be world class or very close to it. We have a young side which needs experience, needs to learn the dark arts better, but most importantly, needs to stay together. 

Still think we should go after Malen as Vardy’s long term replacement. Probably won’t happen.