Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

I think he'll stay. We've been through this before with players and the ones that leave, aren't negotiating new contracts just weeks before. OK, perhaps he was only prepared to sign a new one if we got CL football but given he's open to staying and we have won the FA Cup, I think if we are honest and fair with him and ask him for one more year to qualify for CL with a new deal worth £110k a week then he'll stay.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Why on earth do you think @Bert could add anything?

Where does this Bert being in the know thing come from?

😄

I don't want to fan the flames and @Bert would never claim to be itk; but when he posts; I'd listen to be fair.

I often hear similar to stuff he has posted up and its usually spot on. This is a topic that always gets people angry, so lets just leave it there, but sometimes things just don't come off and it can look like the info is wrong; but actually things like transfers etc are complicated matters.

I'll mention one thing which is that @Bert and I (I think it was Bert) got a load of abuse when we said there was an incident (the Covid party) and I got vitriolic comments. And then few days later the story broke. There weren't many (any) apologies; but that's just how it is.

I appreciate how information is shared and things don't always come off 100%. You trust who you want; but if Bert posts something up, I sit up and listen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

We want to sincerely hope he doesn’t go.

He’s head and shoulders above just about every other player at the club.

Lose Tielemans and we’ve lost our only playmaker in the team 

There would be no one more gutted than me if he left Col.

Just my hunch, but I think he's destined for bigger things.

God knows how we'd replace him mind..

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he'll stay. We've been through this before with players and the ones that leave, aren't negotiating new contracts just weeks before. OK, perhaps he was only prepared to sign a new one if we got CL football but given he's open to staying and we have won the FA Cup, I think if we are honest and fair with him and ask him for one more year to qualify for CL with a new deal worth £110k a week then he'll stay.

Well yeah exactly. He’s still under contract, we have no obligation to sell, even if he does’t sign a new deal. It’s not as cut and dried as us just allowing him to walk because we’ve fluffed our lines and we’ll be playing on Thursdays and Sunday’s. He’s a very valuable asset contracted to the football club for another 2 years - and at the end of the day the club is bigger than his contract alone. 

Ive absolutely no doubt he won’t throw his toys out the pram if we put our foot down and exercise our right to reject all offers if he’s not for sale. 

Where the hell do people think he would even be going? It would take a huge sum, much more than Maguire, for us to even think about it. There's only a handful of clubs able to pay that kind of money and I don't think any of them are in the market for a Tielemans type player at the moment.

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Well yeah exactly. He’s still under contract, we have no obligation to sell, even if he does’t sign a new deal. It’s not as cut and dried as us just allowing him to walk because we’ve fluffed our lines and we’ll be playing on Thursdays and Sunday’s. He’s a very valuable asset contracted to the football club for another 2 years - and at the end of the day the club is bigger than his contract alone. 

Ive absolutely no doubt he won’t throw his toys out the pram if we put our foot down and exercise our right to reject all offers if he’s not for sale. 

How you getting on there buddy with no cash, now?

Let us have your address and we'll arrange for a whip round and send you a care parcel.

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He’s staying thank ****!!

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

It appears a transfer already been agreed 

something 100% not right 

The farewell at Wembley and today clearly shows there something not right 

???.

what‘s clear is that with two years left on his current contract, he needs to do something this summer to protect his value to us 

that means he leaves or extends 

Edited by st albans fox

Guest ttfn

I think if he does go we absolutely have to put our foot down and say he’s not going to a domestic rival.

We’ve sold a “big” player every summer since the title win but Maguire, Chilwell and Drinkwater were never going anywhere other than another English club stupid enough to pay over the odds.

He’s an elite player, if he leaves here there will be huge demand. Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid all need a midfield revamp. There’s a lot of turnover at Bayern at the minute too, they may be interested. Selling him to Manchester United or Liverpool would be beyond disappointing. 

Pogba is supposedly moving away from United this summer, could certainly be an option for them.

I really hope an offer from abroad comes in. Everything I’ve seen points towards an exit. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If that was the case Fabrizio Romano would be all over it and he's said he's in talks for a new deal. Go back to slagging off Luke Thomas instead pal.

Not sure what luke Thomas has to do with this but if you was at Wembley YT was very emotional and appearing to say his goodbyes like today

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I don't want to fan the flames and @Bert would never claim to be itk; but when he posts; I'd listen to be fair.

I often hear similar to stuff he has posted up and its usually spot on. This is a topic that always gets people angry, so lets just leave it there, but sometimes things just don't come off and it can look like the info is wrong; but actually things like transfers etc are complicated matters.

I'll mention one thing which is that @Bert and I (I think it was Bert) got a load of abuse when we said there was an incident (the Covid party) and I got vitriolic comments. And then few days later the story broke. There weren't many (any) apologies; but that's just how it is.

I appreciate how information is shared and things don't always come off 100%. You trust who you want; but if Bert posts something up, I sit up and listen.

😂 utter guff

Tielemans deserves to play Champions League football, and he probably feels that way, it would be a real shame to lose him but that’s the reality because we finished 5th. Unless we offer mega wages for him.

We would probably demand £80-100m and not many teams can afford that probably the likes of Manchester City and co.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Tielemans deserves to play Champions League football, and he probably feels that way, it would be a real shame to lose him but that’s the reality because we finished 5th. Unless we offer mega wages for him.

We would probably demand £80-100m and not many teams can afford that probably the likes of Manchester City and co.

In the current climate I think we struggle to get much above 60m 

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
Just now, st albans fox said:

In the current climate I think we struggle to get much above 60m 

All the more reason we shouldn’t sell.

With the Tv money now fixed for the next 3 years it may prove financially smarter for us to let him run down his contract than sell in a depressed market.

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

There would be no one more gutted than me if he left Col.

Just my hunch, but I think he's destined for bigger things.

God knows how we'd replace him mind..

I think he’ll be one of the top midfielders in the world mate. I could see him at Bayern or Barcelona

Edited by Col city fan