Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

All the more reason we shouldn’t sell.

With the Tv money now fixed for the next 3 years it may prove financially smarter for us to let him run down his contract than sell in a depressed market.

I dont follow 

do you think us missing out on 60m is covered by us hanging onto YT for those two years?  (And he won’t be happy to hang around if he actually wants out) 

4 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Why would you choose to be so unpleasant to a fellow poster who contributes loads to this forum? He’s been active for years. You come across as somewhat aggressive, and it’s just unnecessary. 

A period of reflection before you post may be helpful.

Christ wind your neck in

A load of us have been ‘active for years’ on here, but don’t claim to be in the know.

I think he will go. I don’t think he wants to go but needs to for the next stage of his career, in the CL. It’s going to be a real tough one to take but expect it to happen as the summer saga this year. This guy would slip into any midfield in world football. I genuinely believe that. Unlike Maguire and Chilwell. This is a Mahrez/Kante type sale. This will hurt us.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I think if he does go we absolutely have to put our foot down and say he’s not going to a domestic rival.

We’ve sold a “big” player every summer since the title win but Maguire, Chilwell and Drinkwater were never going anywhere other than another English club stupid enough to pay over the odds.

He’s an elite player, if he leaves here there will be huge demand. Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid all need a midfield revamp. There’s a lot of turnover at Bayern at the minute too, they may be interested. Selling him to Manchester United or Liverpool would be beyond disappointing. 

It’s not just where the club want to sell him to though is it.

With 24 months on his contract that luxury wouldn’t be available.

He has a young family and might want to stay in England.

If he wanted to leave then the club need to negotiate the best deal. 

Guest ttfn
Just now, st albans fox said:

I dont follow 

do you think us missing out on 60m is covered by us hanging onto YT for those two years?  (And he won’t be happy to hang around if he actually wants out) 

I think that’s possible yes. 

Without him we have absolutely no chance of finishing in a CL place. With him we have a chance. For all the great work Rodgers has done in other areas the one thing we don’t have is another player who can play a simple 10 yard pass forward through the middle of the pitch. It makes an absolutely enormous difference to the way we play.

For PL teams there is far less reason for the transfer market to be depressed now, they have security over by far the biggest income stream for 75% of clubs.

Just now, harpendenfox said:

He doesn’t claim to be in the know either. He just shares what he knows. I’m quite aware you have been sharing your opinions generously for many years.

Exactly my point. Does he always share ‘what he knows’? I smell bull-shit from time to time.

1 minute ago, harpendenfox said:

He doesn’t claim to be in the know either. He just shares what he knows. I’m quite aware you have been sharing your opinions generously for many years.

Spot on and I suspect he knows more than he shares; like many others. There always has to be caution of course anyway, but the likely abuse if things don't come through... well, its just not needed.

And in the same breath we have people here asking any 'itk's to come forward.

ITK is a stupid term anyway and there are lots of levels to it and no one knows everything. Everyone will have a different source etc.

Just realised that I don't know why I'm wasting my breath

• Like 1

Youri is destined for bigger thinks but not yet. There will be very few transfers at the figure LCFC will want for him this transfer window. Kane won’t go for more than £100 million and Youri is up there. Covid will limit this years transfer market - next year it might be different. 

CL would have helped and this is what a few posters failed to grasp. Youri wants CL - he deserves it. I think we’ve got him for one more season. 

I don't think he'll go this season as not many can afford him in the current climate and the ones that can have other priority positions to fill. 

The emotional reaction last week was hardly a surprise after winning the FA cup in front of the fans and today was the first time he's played in front of the fans at the KP in over a year. He knows the fans love him here and that was one of the reasons he was so positive about making the loan move permanent - he seems to really appreciate the fans. 

Ultimately he will end up at one of the giants of European Football like Bayern or Madrid but it won't be this summer.  

Where’s this suddenly come from? All journalists have ever said is a new deal is on its way. 

Also like others have said we have garnered a strong reputation in not selling our players lightly. In a post covid world, at the moment I can’t really see who has money to entice. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Where’s this suddenly come from? All journalists have ever said is a new deal is on its way. 

Also like others have said we have garnered a strong reputation in not selling our players lightly. In a post covid world, at the moment I can’t really see who has money to entice. 

Seems like there's a lot to be read in to the 'waving' today at the end of the game (perhaps to his family?) and the tearfulness he was showing post-game as well.

• Thanks 1

It was only a few weeks ago that Tielemans was saying how happy he was at Leicester, is he suddenly not? Does he now feel that whilst we'd won a cup and missed 4th spot by a single point that our club is in free fall and he needs to get out ASAP?

He and his family sound happy here and he will know precisely how ambitious our club are but recognise that we have to try and achieve things in a different way. I think if he sees the club invest in a few more players this summer to address some of our frailties and show renewed ambition, he may just sign a contract extension but with certain conditions. He's 24 and there's no desperate rush. Realistically he may well be destined for bigger things and I wouldn't blame him but there is a limit to where he could go this summer perhaps. Real Madrid and Barcelona are currently financially embarrassed so a deal with them is unlikely. PSG, Bayern Munich and Manchester City are possibilities but this summer? Would he play every week there just yet? He's only going to improve but it does make top 4 for us a must next year or you could perhaps add Ndidi and Fofana to that list as well. Whilst I'm sure that they're all happy with their team-mates, facilities, atmosphere, owners and Rodgers coaching and man management, perhaps they may also see flaws in the latters matchday tactics and would rather be playing under the tutelage of a genuine elite manager like Pep, Klopp or certain others as well as the money and trophies. I wouldn't give up hope of him signing another deal just yet. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

40 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Should be playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid. Can't fault him if he wants to go but who is going to be paying 80 odd million for him?

Yeah I totally agree with this. I can't see anyone being able to afford him this summer. I have no doubt that he will be very good in the Euros which will push the asking price up even more.

The Real Madrid President, Perez, came out recently and said they just can't afford to spend big on players anymore. Many of the top European clubs will be in a similar position.

Jeezus Christ! This is my last post today as we all seem to have lost our marbles. I'm as peeved as everyone having lost out on our spot yes our spot which was ours to lose all season but couldn't hang onto it even today when we had one last chance to.

Can we stop piling anymore misery and take a rain check until tomorrow? Youre is not going anywhere. Just cus he wanted to show fans some love he's certainly turned into hairy Kane! I'm not saying the agents will be sniffing around to see who's head could be turned but that won't happen until this summer after the euros probably. Sure if Youre helps Belgium win the tournament who wouldn't want to come after him? Too won't let anyone go this summer. we are rebuilding and will come back stronger. We certainly will see a few up for sale (Perez & Hamza). Lets flipping learn from this and not repeat this drama a 3rd time. Club & Rogers will know what we need and how to fix it and I for one trust them to do it.

• Like 4