Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

I’m sure far too many are putting 2+2 together and making 22 the lad loves this club he won’t leave the way he grabbed the badge when he scored that beauty at Wembley doesn’t look like a player leaving, he was out on his own maybe because he just wanted to stay out and say thanks to the fans ( Hopefully )? 

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 2

Don't want to lose him but if he doesn't sign then we have to cash in this summer. Value wil be much lower next summer, or do we give it a year and hope to convince him to sign new contract if we achieve top 4 next season. 

I think he will sign personally, don't see anyone paying the fee we'd be asking for and he would have to demand to leave. 

He would upgrade most midfields but it's not a position the big clubs tend to spend huge on. 

If he does leave we have to take it on the chin for being a destination club for Europe’s top talent before they make they step to the elite teams. In some ways it may even strengthen us long term as the next Youris will have taken note. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Players of his quality often have their careers mapped out 

He is 24

a big move now leaves another possible big move when he’s 28

if he stays here another year then maybe he loses the chance of that second move??

it’s not about us - he will be getting a lot of advice and if you were his agent, you would be thinking a lot about getting him two big transfers between now and the end of his career. 💰  💰 

Well, I’d put a £70m price tag on his head, doubt anyone would pay that. 

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Well, I’d put a £70m price tag on his head, doubt anyone would pay that. 

You'd be surprised. Strengthens them and weakens us massively. He's exactly what Man U need, also would be a perfect fit for Liverpool. If he has a great Euros too and Belgium do well, we will be hanging on to him by the skin of our teeth. 

One saving grace is that he knows what can happen if the club is a bad fit, like Monaco. But he should be playing at a top club, and he will know that. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronnup said:

You'd be surprised. Strengthens them and weakens us massively. He's exactly what Man U need, also would be a perfect fit for Liverpool. If he has a great Euros too and Belgium do well, we will be hanging on to him by the skin of our teeth. 

One saving grace is that he knows what can happen if the club is a bad fit, like Monaco. But he should be playing at a top club, and he will know that. 

Man United won’t, they play with two DMs or even if they play with one, pogba and Bruno will be the two 8s. Liverpool, I guess but he’s not particularly mobile. However, I agree. Take Tielemans and we could easily be finished 8th-10th next season. 

There are lots of possible implications to crashing out the CL again

Minimum 45 million quid

Possibly failing to attract better players 

The biggest one of all could be losing Youri

He’s our best player and I’m certain will become a world class midfielder 

I’d be gutted to see him leave

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There are lots of possible implications to crashing out the CL again

Minimum 45 million quid

Possibly failing to attract better players 

The biggest one of all could be losing Youri

He’s our best player and I’m certain will become a world class midfielder 

I’d be gutted to see him leave

Already is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Man Utd don't need Youri. Wilf is more what they need as they could then replace McFred with just Wilf

Man United absolutely do need a Tielemans type player. He'd do wonders for them. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Has anyone actually been linked with him?

Nope. Just bed wetter speculation.

Everything points to him signing a new deal but because he waved to the fans after the FA Cup/yesterday he must be leaving!! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

One thing on our side is Covid. With the hit in revenues for clubs it’s projected to be a slow transfer window. The amount of clubs who would put their hand in their pocket are few and far between - probably less than what you could count on one hand. 

I don't know why those players got stick, that Covid Party they held in it's honour obviously worked. Great schmoozing!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Man United absolutely do need a Tielemans type player. He'd do wonders for them. 

You can’t play pogba, Bruno and Tielemans in the same team though? Tielemans productivity and effectiveness halves when wilf isn’t next to him I’d say.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Barcelona are broke and they have numerous huge contracts that they can't shift. Liverpool could realistically pay £70-80m.

Unless we need to sell a player to balance the books, I'm not too worried.

Tielemans has at least 8 quality years ahead of him, especially as he relies on his brain and technique rather than any athletic ability.

Sign a year extension, give it everything for another season then if he goes the year after so be it. That's how I think it'll play out.

• Like 4