Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Does it? Kante left us when we were literally league champions for a bigger club who finished 10th.

I said more of a chance, kante reportedly never wanted to play for us in the first place, he said it was his dream to play for Chelsea and they were able to steal him for a fraction of his value. We have more of a history now, we are arguably a more attractive club than in 2016 so there is that aswell

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I said more of a chance, kante reportedly never wanted to play for us in the first place, he said it was his dream to play for Chelsea and they were able to steal him for a fraction of his value. We have more of a history now, we are arguably a more attractive club than in 2016 so there is that aswell

Good point.

As I said on the previous page though I believe Youri will stay.

18 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Agree with you with the exception of Albrighton who been awesome

I think we have slightly different definitions of awesome :D

I actually wouldn't mind him as a 4th choice wide man. Solid player but he's never gonna change a game or grab it by the scruff of the neck is he?

• Like 1

Can only see him signing a new deal on the proviso that if we don’t get Champions League next season then he can leave for a reasonable fee.

He holds all the cards right now and, as others have said, if he has the kind of Euros we know he can then he’ll be able to dictate whatever he likes.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

You lot our a negative bunch, I've not even seen him linked with anothet club yet and your already crying into your handbags. 

He’s been linked with Liverpool, Barca and Real 

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Can only see him signing a new deal on the proviso that if we don’t get Champions League next season then he can leave for a reasonable fee.

He holds all the cards right now and, as others have said, if he has the kind of Euros we know he can then he’ll be able to dictate whatever he likes.

Worst case is he has an insane euros and adds 10m.onto his price tag. 

Fwiw, I think the euros will be a step too far for him. I reckon lots of foreign PL stars struggle at championships due to exhaustion 

Give him a rise.  I personally do net get this lure of UCL ( a bit like Arsenal) other than the obvious cash that comes with it.   If he is happy at Leicester and his wife enjoys living where she lives, hopefully that is more important than getting spanked by Barca and Bayern.   Please stay Youri.

Not going to read too much into his post-match, I have no doubt even if he had signed a new contract yesterday he would have been out at the end of game with the exact same emotional response and clapping the fans because that is exactly the kind of person he is

• Like 3

Just now, Bert said:

I’d be very surprised if he leaves. It’s going to take £70m and he’s very close to a new deal. He loves it here and he’s settled. 

His family are really settled here aren't they?

Not sure if it’s my head or my heart, but I’ve decided he won’t go this summer

1 - it’s incredibly hard to get transfers done when international championships are going on

2 - there’s been so much talk about a new contract that he must be close to signing 

3 - it’s unlike us to sell a player without a replacement bedded in. I think Soumare will be his replacement but he’s still unproven (and not actually our player yet)

If he leaves I would not hold a grudge against him. He deserves a big move. Given it his all since he has come here. Won us a cup and took us a stones throw away from UCL qualification twice. Great professional as well. l don't see him at lockdown parties and what not. I wish him the best at his next club.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1