Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester City vs Burnley - Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

If Benko is fit would you be tempted to put him in for Wilf and take Mendy out? Wood and Barnes won't be easy for a unnatural centre back

I would certainly like to see Ndidi back as CDM to bring more aerial presence into the side. Benkovic for Mendy is a good shout actually if fit. Should be a game that would suit the big Croat.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Do we think Ndidi performed well enough as a centre back to warrant a place? He looked shakey to me.

Started shakily but as the team improved so did he. To be fair to him I don't think he really wants to play there but he's doing a job for the team. If benkovic is fit to play I'd swap him around for Mendy 

7 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Do we think Ndidi performed well enough as a centre back to warrant a place? He looked shakey to me.

I think he did okay, shakey at the start with some really dodgy passes (especially the one to Kasper that went our for a corner) but grew into the game, and that was pretty much the entire story for the whole team

The main issue I have with him as CB against Burnley is that he isn’t the best in the air, he won 1 aerial duel and lost 3 against West Brom, and it will be even harder for him against Burnley

He will likely have the benefit of not being pressured as much when on the ball against Burnley compared to West Brom but his strength in the air is what will be really tested if he does start at CB, and I do think that when I have seen Benkovic he is pretty good in the air? As long as he if actually fit of course

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think he did okay, shakey at the start with some really dodgy passes (especially the one to Kasper that went our for a corner) but grew into the game, and that was pretty much the entire story for the whole team

The main issue I have with him as CB against Burnley is that he isn’t the best in the air, he won 1 aerial duel and lost 3 against West Brom, and it will be even harder for him against Burnley

The aerial threat is a good point. I don’t mean to get this thread locked... but would you prefer Amartey?

Although I’m not sure why Bren started Ndidi for the first match, if he’s going to use the established centre halves Morgan and (nationally) Amartey in the second.

Edited by Foxxed

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The aerial threat is a good point. I don’t mean to get this thread locked... but would you prefer Amartey?

Benkovic for me as I believe he is meant to be quite strong in the air, but if he isn’t available then I would certainly consider Amartey as long as he is match fit as he does actually have a history of regularly playing CB for the national team and his previous team

Edited by moore_94

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We cant go forward with square pegs in round holes. We are a much weaker side with him out of the midfield position. Yes Mendy does a job but Ndidi is outstanding in that role. Hopefully Morgan will have recovered in time for the Burnley game. Although Ndidi is a very physical player it would be a different sort of battle than he would have preivously been involved in with Wood or Barnes. Morgan's experience could be the difference in this game for us.

• Like 4

This is the one game that I'm actually content that I'm not going to. Expecting to get hit from a shithousery set piece followed by the same old time wasting (sorry, game management as its now called) being ignored by the ref. Doesn't deserve a crowd. What are the BBC thinking showing it at Sunday night peak time? 

If we'd have lost yesterday I'd be dreading this one but after our win I'm looking forward to see how we approach a more savvy Premier league outfit. It'll be interesting to see how we try to unlock what will be a rigid two banks of four system. One thing is fir certain we'll have to be more clinical than we were against West brom

26 minutes ago, Jevans said:

We cant go forward with square pegs in round holes. We are a much weaker side with him out of the midfield position. Yes Mendy does a job but Ndidi is outstanding in that role. Hopefully Morgan will have recovered in time for the Burnley game. Although Ndidi is a very physical player it would be a different sort of battle than he would have preivously been involved in with Wood or Barnes. Morgan's experience could be the difference in this game for us.

That's what I was thinking, particularly remembering that Wes played very well against Sheffield Utd at the end of last season, when they offered a similar threat - more physical, less mobile up front.

17 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Same side as today, Burnley are a physical side, woukd think about hamza instead of mendy

Not for me. Hamza doesn’t have the positional awareness and brains to play as a DM in that anchor position.

His aggression and tackling makes it seem like he is a defensive midfielder but he is more of a box to box.

1 hour ago, Jevans said:

Morgan is not the answer anymore. We are moving on he’s not mobile enough on the break anymore and that what teams like Burnley will be doing to us as we will be the pressing team with a high line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

What are the BBC thinking showing it at Sunday night peak time? 

The only option they could afford. They can't compete with the other two when it comes to the big fixtures. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

We may be a bit more prepared than Burnley as they don’t have a game this week. They were supposed to play Man City I think but the game was postponed due to Man City’s European commitments. 

They also play in the League Cup on Thursday evening, I wonder how strong their starting XI will be, baring in mind they are already a competitive game behind everyone else.