Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester City vs Burnley - Pre Match Thread

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Be amazed if Maddison started. Think another 30-35 mins off the bench more likely.

Too many players seemed to be rushed back from injuries last season, and it cost us big style.

Patience required!

Yes we need him fully fit and ready for Man city. Burnley are a bunch of kickers, they've have him back out injured in a flash.

Save him for last 30 mins if things are not going to plan. And he needs to play up front, It's crazy sacrificing his greatest asset playing him with Wilf. He doesn't have the legs for getting up and down. Keep him up top in the pocket behind Vardy. Where he terrorizes defenders.

• Like 3

Tricky one this. Are we gonna feel the benefit of having already played a competitive game and Burnley haven’t. Or will they come out all guns blazing because it’s their first game? 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Tricky one this. Are we gonna feel the benefit of having already played a competitive game and Burnley haven’t. Or will they come out all guns blazing because it’s their first game? 

Play tomorrow against Sheff U to be fair. Unaware what sort of team they will put out for it 

14 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Wouldn’t be a bad thing to go unchanged into this one. However, be good if we could have a centre back fit and well, either Morgan, Benkovic or Amartey, then Ndidi could step back into midfield.

After Sundays performance I would be happy to leave the Midfield as is. 

Only would be tempted to change to try and add some height into the team. 

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree, except Mendy was exceptional last game and ought to retain his place instead of Hamza coming in.

Mendy was ok. West Brom didn’t offer anything really though. Burnley are really a tougher test and Mendy would struggle imo.

Think we need Hamza as he has more energy and would get in their faces more. We will need Praet or Youri to get up to the box to support Vards more , which would ultimately mean we need more energy in the DM area. If Mendy can’t cope then we as a unit sit deeper to help his shortcomings and that then means we as a team are miles away from Vardy and the opposition squeeze him out the game.

Thats the problem still with us, sure we are great when we score first because teams can’t sit deep anymore and when teams open up, even slightly, we have probably the best striker in world football in games like that. Without Madders we struggle to create a lot And in most games at 0-0 it’s always very turgid and vulnerable. If we ever concede first, our style and set up means it’s game over. 

5 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Disagree. He broke up play, was extremely tenacious and actually played some decent balls. For me by far his best game for us. It’s all about who we play at CD. But for me Mendy was great and hamza is no way near disciplined enough to play that role atm. For me it’s either mendy or Ndidi with potentially Wes dropping in at CD. 

I agree it was his best game for us, but let’s be honest we over run west brom and it wasn’t that tough and physical for him.

Against the better clubs we will see his shortcomings and that’s why we need a Hamza type who just hassles more.

8 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I agree it was his best game for us, but let’s be honest we over run west brom and it wasn’t that tough and physical for him.

Against the better clubs we will see his shortcomings and that’s why we need a Hamza type who just hassles more.

I’d rather try our luck with 11 men the run the risk of hamza being played in a more defensive position. He just does not have the discipline to play that role. Not yet. I agree they will be a different beast but apparently he’s impressed coaching staff over the summer which is certainly impressive when we consider he was nearly out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Mendy was ok. West Brom didn’t offer anything really though. Burnley are really a tougher test and Mendy would struggle imo.

Think we need Hamza as he has more energy and would get in their faces more. We will need Praet or Youri to get up to the box to support Vards more , which would ultimately mean we need more energy in the DM area. If Mendy can’t cope then we as a unit sit deeper to help his shortcomings and that then means we as a team are miles away from Vardy and the opposition squeeze him out the game.

Thats the problem still with us, sure we are great when we score first because teams can’t sit deep anymore and when teams open up, even slightly, we have probably the best striker in world football in games like that. Without Madders we struggle to create a lot And in most games at 0-0 it’s always very turgid and vulnerable. If we ever concede first, our style and set up means it’s game over. 

Hamza is too negative and like casablancas said not discipline enough at the moment. Mendy is not only super tidy, he tries to fill in holes and help move the ball forward. Better at Ndidi at that. Same as Praet.  Hamza just runs and when he receives a pass he often does not even look around for a forward pass - he instantly hits it back to the back 4. Quite frustrating at times. In fact, that has been the problem for a few other players too like Chilwell, which is why having Castagne is a massive upgrade when it comes to moving the ball faster and forward. Ndidi is the next problem in that CDM role (but he was in CB role in West Brom game). Madders is guilty of that too actually - and he is not as “creative“ as some thinks (he had just a few assists last season despite his “creativity”) but he has potential if he can play more direct and in a more forward position like some of us said last season he can be great. In a deeper role, Madders dances around too much, does a few too many short backward passes or picks the wrong pass thinking that they look nice, but he slows down play, unlike direct players like Praet, Castagne, Barnes and Albrighton. Perez is ok too (he has a forward mentality) but he is not a winger and has been played out of position. 

• Like 3

I would much prefer a real defender instead of Wilf, who looked shaky and unsure back there.  Could have been a major problem against a decent side.  But if Wilf doesn’t return to midfield I’d certainly start Mendy ahead of Hamza.  He was very solid against WBA and he’s better transitioning us to attack.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Hamza is too negative and like casablancas said not discipline enough at the moment. Mendy is not only super tidy, he tries to fill in holes and help move the ball forward. Better at Ndidi at that. Same as Praet.  Hamza just runs and when he receives a pass he often does not even look around for a forward pass - he instantly hits it back to the back 4. Quite frustrating at times. In fact, that has been the problem for a few other players too like Chilwell, which is why having Castagne is a massive upgrade when it comes to moving the ball faster and forward. Ndidi is the next problem in that CDM role (but he was in CB role in West Brom game). Madders is guilty of that too actually - and he is not as “creative“ as some thinks (he had just a few assists last season despite his “creativity”) but he has potential if he can play more direct and in a more forward position like some of us said last season he can be great. In a deeper role, Madders dances around too much, does a few too many short backward passes or picks the wrong pass thinking that they look nice, but he slows down play, unlike direct players like Praet, Castagne, Barnes and Albrighton. Perez is ok too (he has a forward mentality) but he is not a winger and has been played out of position. 

35 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I would much prefer a real defender instead of Wilf, who looked shaky and unsure back there.  Could have been a major problem against a decent side.  But if Wilf doesn’t return to midfield I’d certainly start Mendy ahead of Hamza.  He was very solid against WBA and he’s better transitioning us to attack.

Mendy played very well indeed, after a shaky start (along with the rest of the team), but it is against a truly dire WBA side that rarely crossed the halfway line in the 2H. Even Ndidi, bar a few shaky passes in the early minutes, looked top-notch at CB (not "shaky and unsure" as you assert).   

Personally, cannot wait for Evans or other regular CB(s) to return, and Ndidi moved back to CDM, with a return to full fitness by Maddison, but at least we can take heart in the knowledge that we have a capable back-up (or alternative in a different formation) on the bench and in the squad. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I know he’s not available yet, but can anyone confirm if Jonny Evans is alive? Is he even training?

I'm pretty sure there was a video of training recently with him in it. Might have been Castagne's first session.

This looks like him on the right of photo no.19... https://www.lcfc.com/galleries/1822776/first-team-training-west-bromwich-albion

Feeling relatively confident about this one. They play tonight against a physical Sheffield United side and with a few players out injured, a few could well play tonight who will be in the side on Sunday. Not to mention the attention around Tarkowski and Dyche's futures.

Cue a 1-0 Burnley win 😂

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

But he's only got to play against 1 "decent side" in Man City until Evans is back, which in all likelihood we'd have lost even with a full strength squad anyway. Imo out of the three games Wilf will have to play CB, there aren't any "marginal" games that will be swung by the fact he's playing out of position.  

• Like 1