Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester City vs Burnley - Pre Match Thread

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Burnley Injury crisis (tick)

Burnley fatigued with extra time (tick)

Burnley played only 3 days before the game while we get a weeks rest (tick)

We're used to injury crises, and as long as we have 11 fit players we will make a do.  There was no extra time, and there is no way a Dyche team will be tired after just one game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So you're still unconvinced by Ndidi as a CDM? I guess having the most tackles and interceptions in the league for the past few seasons just isn't up to scratch. 

He is a great tackler and great defensively. I think he has potential to be better offensively, and he was improving a lot this season until his injury in January, but he has regressed a bit since coming back. Please see my post here:

Explains my thoughts better.

Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

I was only joking mate.

Well, you did give us the win..:)

We could do with a winning start.  As has been noted, Dyche has been grumbling for a while; the negativity didn't affect performances at back end of last season, but I don't want to see the team's spirit tested by a bad start.  Still, Southampton at home next week, so there's a chance.  But if you could lie down and let us in ...  ;)

We used to have a very good record at the crisp packet.  Shame you changed its name ...

Edited by dsr-burnley

The 2nd Pre-Actual season friendly.

So true though how people look at the omens for these games, superstitious lot football fans.

If you're feeling anxious because we're "on the telly" " BOIL MY CATS, IT's ON PROPER TELLY", please find a deep enough pond to duck yourself in. 

It does look like a good time to be playing Burnley though, so hopefully they've not yet found their magic.

I don't want to see Maddison shoehorned in, so as much as his energy and positive vibe put a smile on my face when he came on last week, I'd be happy to see us start the same line-up as last week. 

I mean, what if Praet is dropped and then he starts bad mouthing BR to Castagne and then he doesn't play well and wants to leave and then Tielemans decides the same...oh good grief...you'll find me in the the Iron Maiden.  

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Burnley can afford to lose 11 players because the only requirement to be a Burnley player is be 6"2+ and to be able to kick and head a ball. Easy to have good depth in your squad when all the players are cave men.

They do go direct when there is any press whatsoever on them but they can play some decent build up play when allowed to .....

20 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But he's only got to play against 1 "decent side" in Man City until Evans is back, which in all likelihood we'd have lost even with a full strength squad anyway. Imo out of the three games Wilf will have to play CB, there aren't any "marginal" games that will be swung by the fact he's playing out of position.  

Evans is eligible for the Man City game

From Lawro's predictions 

Leicester v Burnley (19:00 BST)

Leicester looked good last week and this is a tough way to start the Premier League season for Burnley, who have not made any significant signings so far this summer.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Raye's prediction: I love the Jamie Vardy story - to go from playing in non-league to winning the Premier League is amazing really. The whole thing about how Leicester won the title in 2016 is just so special too. I'm going to back them here, but Burnley don't concede many goals, do they? 1-0

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Raye's prediction: I love the Jamie Vardy story - to go from playing in non-league to winning the Premier League is amazing really. The whole thing about how Leicester won the title in 2016 is just so special too. I'm going to back them here, but Burnley don't concede many goals, do they? 1-0

Now there's a prediction that you can recycle year on year lol

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

Burnley can afford to lose 11 players because the only requirement to be a Burnley player is be 6"2+ and to be able to kick and head a ball. Easy to have good depth in your squad when all the players are cave men.

That's a bit unfair to be honest. Burnley have many other attributes such as world class time wasting. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

C861A68C-864A-4451-A37F-2916EBF895DF.jpeg

Would be super harsh on Mendy but you have to think that if Wes is fit, he'll start in this one, with Wilf moved into CDM. It's horses for courses and this is one game where more height will be most important. Timmy, Wes, Cags and Jimmy are all 6 foot plus which is just what you need to defend v Burnley.

• Like 2

Need Madders and Tielemans to create, Castagne and Justin to provide the width as they will sit deep and not give us any space so we will need to break them down. West Brom sat back last week but they defended terribly and Burnley won't be as bad. Always worry going into these types of games. 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Would be super harsh on Mendy but you have to think that if Wes is fit, he'll start in this one, with Wilf moved into CDM. It's horses for courses and this is one game where more height will be most important. Timmy, Wes, Cags and Jimmy are all 6 foot plus which is just what you need to defend v Burnley.

Knowing we have Timmy and Jimmy at the back makes me wanna edit these two into Leicester kits. lol

b927f1a31fcbaa6421272bbde12cc70e.gif