Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester City vs Burnley - Pre Match Thread

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Think its too soon to start Madison, we've suffered before when bringing players back too quickly recently.  Happy with the same starting line up then bring him on when legs get tired.  Can see Gray making an appearance too unless he's leaving or ill.

Don't think it's the game for Maddison anyway 

2 hours ago, bluebeau said:

I would like to see Ianaecho ( you know who I mean) brought in to replace Perez. He had been doing well last season but Rodgers still didn't give him a fair chance. I get the impression that Rodgers is not his biggest fan.

Then we would have Barnes raiding on the left & Nacho on the right, he's got goals in him.

GIVE THE LAD A CHANCE!!!

We definitely need someone good on the right of our attacking 3.  So much goes through Barnes on the left just imagine if we had someone effective on the right.  I actually think that McNeil is the ideal person for this role as he offers good pressing a bit like Perez but can also attack.   

They have a few injury issues themselves; Jack Cork, Ben Mee, Ashley Barnes could all be unavailable for the match

Their line up is likely to be

Pope

Lowton

Tarkowski

Long

Taylor

Gudmundsson

Westwood

Brownhill

McNeil

Wood

Rodriguez

We thought our depth was bad, after the injuries and that 11, pretty much the only recognisable players on the bench are; Bardsley (RB), Pieters (LB), Brady (LM), Vydra (ST), none of which I see as being able to come off the bench and make a difference

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They have a few injury issues themselves; Jack Cork, Ben Mee, Ashley Barnes could all be unavailable for the match

Pope

Lowton

Tarkowski

Long

Taylor

Gudmundsson

Westwood

Brownhill

McNeil

Wood

Rodriguez

We thought our depth was bad, after the injuries and that 11, pretty much the only recognisable players on the bench are; Bardsley (RB), Pieters (LB), Brady (LM), Vydra (ST), none of which I see as being able to come off the bench and make a difference

Good news if Barnes is out for them. Would like to think we can deal with the aerial threat of Wood 

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pope

Lowton

Tarkowski

Long

Taylor

Gudmundsson

Westwood

Brownhill

McNeil

Wood

Rodriguez

We should be beating a side that looks like that.

... so 1-0 them then :ph34r:

Could go either way. We either turn up confident with a bit of swagger, score early and end up putting a few past them. 

Or Dyche will completely hard Brexit the **** out of the game. Two banks of 4 big bastards with the two other big bastards sitting in as well and stink the place out for 90 minutes. 0-0 and he saunters off back to Lancashire smoking a big exhaust pipe as a treat patting him self on the back for being a complete footballing genius, having taken yet more points off the team with all the pound notes. 

• Haha 1

One interesting subplot will be our new right back Castagne versus a player we've been linked with in Dwight McNeil as their left winger. McNeil is a very hard worker and has good dribbling, so will be interesting to see how Castagne copes given his proactive style of defending. Ricardo actually struggle with McNeil the last time we played, but perhaps Castagne can force him back if he occupies the same advanced positions as he did versus WBA.

This will also be Burnley's first league game of the season, though they have a cup game on Tuesday. So we should be a bit fitter and sharper than they are, which could be a big deal.

I wouldn't want to risk Maddison returning too soon so I would keep him on bench for this one. Ndidi barely tested against West Brom but will be put under pressure by Burnley attackers. Burnley play their cup game on Thursday for some reason so I would imagine that our game will be the first competitive game for their best players. 

It won't be pretty, Burnley games rarely are. Just hope we get the first goal. 

You’d hope we have Fofana or another CB in to push Ndidi up. Even though we were comfortable overall against WBA, any team that isn’t dogsh!t would have punished us first 20 minutes and used Ndidi’s isolation against us. 

However other than that I’m confident, excellent morale booster in the first game and with Burnley - Man U being postponed we have the advantage of being a game ahead, assuming they put out a friendly side against Sheffield, otherwise they’ve only got a couple days prep off the back of it. 

2-0 Leicester

• Like 1