Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Leicester City vs Burnley - Pre Match Thread

7 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Team selection might be based around maddisons fitness. Great to see him back. Tails up against Burnley 4-1

If Maddison’s return means Praet to the bench, he’s welcome to take his sweet time coming back to full fitness.

• Like 4

If Maddison is fit to start then I think we will see him from the right instead of Perez. I know there is evidence of this not working (mainly from the left) but it would help us get Maddison further up the pitch, for me he spends too much time near the centre backs. Could work quite well with Castagne too. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If Maddison is fit to start then I think we will see him from the right instead of Perez. I know there is evidence of this not working (mainly from the left) but it would help us get Maddison further up the pitch, for me he spends too much time near the centre backs. Could work quite well with Castagne too. 

I'd go with that as well. Maddison in the positon that James played for Everton

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

i would be happy with this.. starting from the right but also giving him abit of a free role supporting the front as long as hes there to support Castagne as well.  This helps keep Praet in the team and a run of games will show what quality he has to offer.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Ben Mee, Jack Cork, Ashley Barnes - confirmed by Dyche all 3 will miss the match

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-injury-list-team-news-18936593

Encouraging news for us that them 3 could be out, their squad already looks paper thin. 

Of course we shouldn’t be relying on their injures, we should have more then enough to beat them but every little helps! Same team for me, hopefully we can be in another comfortable position to give Maddison some more minutes. 

On 15/09/2020 at 09:33, RowlattsFox said:

Just personally, I think you'd waste the best and most creative player we have behind Vardy. Remember last years early season form when Maddison played there? When Rodgers started tinkering with his position then, that's when his effectiveness started to fail drastically. I think it's precisely his continued persistence against the opposition centre backs that bares fruit. He was a consistent pain in the arse, as was Vardy and it was that combination that caused a great deal of problems for the opposition defences combined with Barnes also running at them and a more pressing style of play, goal scoring opportunities were far more in abundance then than later in the season. It can be no coincidence that that is when Vardy scored the bulk of his goals. I do agree that Perez is not effective out on the right though he gives of his best. I also agree that Perez is better in the middle but he is nowhere near Maddison standard and flatters to deceive but that's another topic altogether. I'd sooner play Albrighton or Gray on the right, or have another midfielder like Praet rather than a winger if need be, but, I wouldn't potentially sacrifice and negate one of our best players just to shoehorn him into a problem or weak position. It's very reminiscent of the England thinking when, just to fit him in, they played Scholes out on the left wing or tried to fit Lampard and Gerrard in, England effectively then, didn't get the best out of any of them. Unless extremely desperate, round pegs in round holes for me every time. 

• Like 1