Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Don't get the hate. Maddison showed bags more determination than many players this season, it would be career suicide for him to sign a new contract here when he's wanted by a CL club, course he's going to go, any of you would, and as for staying silent, if he did that, he'd be criticised for not saying anything, I don't know what your problem is with the lad, the only person I've ever heard on an interview call us a big club, he loved us, we could have built a team around him, but gave that live to Youri (I scored an important goal) tielemens, who has stolen a living here and puts out a yucky video. Give this lad a break, tell me where I'm wrong?

You're not wrong 👏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markko said:

Stick together my arse. He was.wanting out even if we stayed up. There are consequences of relegation to the club, fans and background staff who may lose the jobs they love. The players will be okay one way or another. It is a real.shame.no one.in the dressing room took it by the scruff.of the neck because we were.good enough to stay up. 

Course he wanted out, he's better than we are, we haven't bought in players and sustained or challenged for European football, and that's where maddison is, he's a top 6 player, I believe of we had got CL on those years and invested more in the team, he'd have signed a new contract

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pete52 said:

When you think about Milner potentially going there as well.. he can still cover ground but not at the pace he used to - those two as a duo is asking to be overrun. 

I highly doubt they are going to be their midfield two. They are in Europe and about to get well over 100 million for Alexis and Caicedo. Dahoud and Milner are free transfer signings, early doors signings as squad players before other clubs could talk to them that's all.

29 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Don't get the hate. Maddison showed bags more determination than many players this season, it would be career suicide for him to sign a new contract here when he's wanted by a CL club, course he's going to go, any of you would, and as for staying silent, if he did that, he'd be criticised for not saying anything, I don't know what your problem is with the lad, the only person I've ever heard on an interview call us a big club, he loved us, we could have built a team around him, but gave that live to Youri (I scored an important goal) tielemens, who has stolen a living here and puts out a yucky video. Give this lad a break, tell me where I'm wrong?

The first part, don't get the hate, I agree with your point. Except that I get the hate. The hate is because so many of our fans are as thick as pig shite and worry more.about Philip Schofield/Holly Willoughby than they do football. 

Then you contradict yourself by tearing into Youri. A lovely guy who gave us great moments and you talk with such disrespect. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The first part, don't get the hate, I agree with your point. Except that I get the hate. The hate is because so many of our fans are as thick as pig shite and worry more.about Philip Schofield/Holly Willoughby than they do football. 

Then you contradict yourself by tearing into Youri. A lovely guy who gave us great moments and you talk with such disrespect. 

I don't hate Youri, but I'm very dissapointed and think he's had way too much licence, should have been sold or dropped into the reserves imo. I can support one of our players struggling with form, I can't support players giving less than 75% effort, especially someone as talented as youri.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I don't hate Youri, but I'm very dissapointed and think he's had way too much licence, should have been sold or dropped into the reserves imo. I can support one of our players struggling with form, I can't support players giving less than 75% effort, especially someone as talented as youri.

It's subjective though. There's no evidence he limited himself to 75%. 

Are sure he wasn't instead off form? Unfit? Poorly coached? Depressed? Trying too hard? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's subjective though. There's no evidence he limited himself to 75%. 

Are sure he wasn't instead off form? Unfit? Poorly coached? Depressed? Trying too hard? 

A premier league footballer should never be unfit really, there's no excuse. I think this is a pattern with youri which is why he fell out with his last manager, I expect him to sign for a club and look like the player who came to us on loan. We'll soon see I guess 

He'll be with us until the end of the window, no doubt, in an attempt to get as much money as possible.

He has scored a truly incredible number of goals for the club. He is one of our top ever goal scorers in recent times. And he is amazingly talented.

It's such a crying shame he did it in our most acrimonious decline, with a penalty miss at the end.

It will take a long while for his true place within LCFC players to be realised. I wish him well but will not be sorry to say goodbye.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

When lol

I must have missed that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

On the ball are most talented player.

but he is too weak and slow to be a champions league player and goes missing in big moments.

All too true, a good mid table prem player.

16 hours ago, Mr Mister said:

He'll be out of the door in no time. What he said was just empty words.

They all say empty words, even the owner.

There's no sorry or remorse is any statement I've seen yet.

Im under no illusion Maddison is going.. hea not going to spend 1 of his prime years in the championship.  However do you think the club will even try offer him something? E.g contract to stay and if he gets us promoted £10 Million cash bonus. 

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Im under no illusion Maddison is going.. hea not going to spend 1 of his prime years in the championship.  However do you think the club will even try offer him something? E.g contract to stay and if he gets us promoted £10 Million cash bonus. 

Think it would be best for him to move on. Like you say, he's in his prime years, so he shouldn't be playing in the championship. Also, he would have even less to no chance to play for England. He's been here a fair few years, and I think it's time we parted. Just need to get a good price for him. 

He's a good player, just caught up in a pants situation 

Edited by fox_favourite

5 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Why would they now when they have been already stonewalling players when we were an EPL club?

I'd rather see Maddison leave and use that cash to bring in Alex Scott. I don't think he's quite ready for the Premier League, and he might struggle if he ends up in a lower prem team at such a young age and he wouldnt start in a top 4/6 team so would stump his growth.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

Our main , or only , creative lynchpin next season will be KDH as things stand. Finding a player who can get remotely near to Maddison is extremely unlikely. So it will be back to mainly route one football. We are going to need a big injection of muscle up front and we have a very limited supply of that.

This chapter with Maddison has ended, as with a lot of players. He’ll leave being one of if not our best no.10 ever. But we simply can not afford to keep him and I also just think we need to go with a different direction. Same goes for Vardy, Ndidi and Barnes IMO. thanks for their service but now is time for a new team and direction 

32 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They all say empty words, even the owner.

There's no sorry or remorse is any statement I've seen yet.

Out of interest, what could they put that would satisfy you? Not being a twat, I'm generally curious. 

• Like 1