Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

37 minutes ago, Bert said:

Even in our current position, we are fools if we refuse to sell for anything over £40m. Had we stayed up, we’d be looking at £60m. 

I think he’d fit in lovely at Brighton. 

No chance he goes there. We are probably paying him more than Brighton would offer him. It’ll be one of the ‘Top 7’ or abroad.

On a side note I see Brighton doing a ‘us’ over the next few years. De Zerbi inherited a talented squad (much like BR) and when he starts losing the top talent Brighton will start to slide.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shailen said:

He's not the reason we're going down. Our midfield 3, keeper and back 4 have been shambolic all season.

I'd blame N'didi, Tielemans, Faes, Amartey, Castange, Thomas, Ward before I even begin to look at Maddison and Barnes. We scored more than enough to stay in this league but defended like amateurs!! 

Three years ago I would have said that Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi were arguably the best MF 3 in the PL outside of Man City who had KDB, David Silva and Rodri.

I won't knock Maddison because for me he has kept his level and improved but dear me with Tielemans and Ndidi, absolutely hopeless. I'm old enough to remember when Tielemans was a Rolls Royce of a player who ran games, for a couple of years now he's been awful but still had the odd worldie goal in him. There was a stat about Ndidi the other week that he hadn't made a successful tackle or interception for three games which tells you everything you need to know about him currently. 

The best thing Rodgers did when he came here was get Ndidi as the sole DM making him do more of what he was best at and releasing Maddison and Tielemans as No8's. When Rodgers started messing with that formation was the start of our downfall but we were brilliant with those three.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Three years ago I would have said that Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi were arguably the best MF 3 in the PL outside of Man City who had KDB, David Silva and Rodri.

I won't knock Maddison because for me he has kept his level and improved but dear me with Tielemans and Ndidi, absolutely hopeless. I'm old enough to remember when Tielemans was a Rolls Royce of a player who ran games, for a couple of years now he's been awful but still had the odd worldie goal in him. There was a stat about Ndidi the other week that he hadn't made a successful tackle or interception for three games which tells you everything you need to know about him currently. 

The best thing Rodgers did when he came here was get Ndidi as the sole DM making him do more of what he was best at and releasing Maddison and Tielemans as No8's. When Rodgers started messing with that formation was the start of our downfall but we were brilliant with those three.

Plus Wilf got injured. Not been the same since

Unpopular opinion but I honestly Brighton will be fighting relegation within a couple of season. That transfer model is so precarious that it only takes a couple of dud signings or a couple of players winding down contracts (both of which are inevitable) to fall apart. I think it’s pretty unsustainable long term 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Unpopular opinion but I honestly Brighton will be fighting relegation within a couple of season. That transfer model is so precarious that it only takes a couple of dud signings or a couple of players winding down contracts (both of which are inevitable) to fall apart. I think it’s pretty unsustainable long term 

Their precarious journey starts now with Europa qualification. They will lose players and if they want to sign replacements to compete they are going to get caught out in the high wages and running contracts scenario we got caught in. They won’t just be signing prospects and expecting to compete. Only takes a dud or two and a few injuries, then a run of bad form to see it spiral out of control. It’s somehow easier on the way up than to deal with the plateau and drop off. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

No chance he goes there. We are probably paying him more than Brighton would offer him. It’ll be one of the ‘Top 7’ or abroad.

On a side note I see Brighton doing a ‘us’ over the next few years. De Zerbi inherited a talented squad (much like BR) and when he starts losing the top talent Brighton will start to slide.

If De Zerbi hasnt been poached from Brighton in the next 12 months ill be amazed

23 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Same as us. All these clubs bar the usual "Big 7" will get relegated by a bad appointment or two, or a lacklustre window + some key injuries at wrong times. 

Big difference for us, is that when we hit our high, we actually went and won the bloody thing! No other club is doing that again with all the money involved. 

29 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

If De Zerbi hasnt been poached from Brighton in the next 12 months ill be amazed

I highly doubt it…

Gets a lot of credit but already cracks are starting to be seen..

Forest 3-1 BHA

BHA 1-5 Everton

Newc 4-1 BHA

In the last month alone.

Imagine when the sell Ceicedo, MacAllister, Sanchez, Colwell back to Chelsea. De Zerbi isn’t the messiah everyone thinks he is 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

I highly doubt it…

Forest 3-1 BHA

BHA 1-5 Everton

Newc 4-1 BHA

In the last month alone.

Imagine when the sell Ceicedo, MacAllister, Sanchez, Colwell back to Chelsea. De Zerbi isn’t the messiah everyone thinks he is 

Spot on. They're the model club we were a few years ago, and we know how that's gone. It's all geared against us all outside the top 6. It's alright Gary Neville spouting shit on Sky when they tried to break away, but everything behind the scenes is being done to make it a closed shop. Has been since we won the league.

The only hope for Brighton is to use us as a case study on how not to do this shit. 

• Like 4

On 29/05/2023 at 23:44, dylanlegend said:

I highly doubt it…

Forest 3-1 BHA

BHA 1-5 Everton

Newc 4-1 BHA

In the last month alone.

Dunno, they have Pedro incoming plus Dahoud who we were interested in a while back, bids rejected for Colwell. Probably other gems up their sleeves. 
Lots of good young players with high potential.

30 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Would you be more annoyed if he went to Newcastle or Spuds?

Annoying each way but Newcastle would be the better move for him. Team crying out for a playmaker and CL football next season. Will be rotated around at Spurs and despite relegation, we've probably still got a better chance of a major trophy than them

Edited by HybridFox

On 29/05/2023 at 22:41, dylanlegend said:

Any side outside the rich 7 will do an "us" if they get near the top. The only way to get lasting success in the premier league is to buy it. Chelsea, Man city and Newcastle were all average teams before the got rich owners.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Would you be more annoyed if he went to Newcastle or Spuds?

Spurs for me... As I 'fooking' hate them.

Newcastle have a manager I like and are an exciting project that is on the rise. 

But the pull of London would be a big factor. Plus regardless of all his talents he's a bit of an arrogant little shit and Spurs would suit them to a tee.

Edited by Guppys Love Child

No player in their right mind would go to Spurs at the moment, they currently do NOT have a Manager, Kane might leave, Levy is still there. They claim to be a top 6 club but have won jack s*** over the last few years. The stadium is a great but more of a second home to Beyonce 

Madders has put out a message on Instagram and from what I have read,  'we should never have been in the position we were, with the players we have. But we take responsibility for that  & the negativity that comes with it & continue to stick together' 

Would not mind him sticking with us for another season and getting us back up