Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

11 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

Cengiz didn't have a preseason. He was off the club training in Roma for about 2-3 weeks in preseason because of his fore-standing  move to Napoli, which took too long and in the end they didn't agree and  he was back in training for 2-3 days and off to an international break and then another 2-3 weeks in Istanbul and around the world to do the visa things etc before joining Leicester and then again off  to an other  international break after a few days of training as you may recall ... .

Btw. you may not know this but his last injury he got at an international break similar to Cags now. I like to see them playing for Turkey but I am also always very concerned. There is an other international break coming soon, I hope everyone has learned their lessons and will be much more careful.    

Thanks for the context, it is great to have this kind of detail. The result meant a lot to the club, and it was great to see him at the centre of it all.

Just now, lcfcell said:

like his defensive work as well, seems like the type of player we’ve been missing. 

So was it early this week like this......”Cengiz, this is Ricky, he is recovering from a nasty injury. You guys are gonna have some serious fun on the right side of the pitch when he is fully fit”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Roma fan said he never defends and it'll be something he never does.

Today proved different. One bit where he tracked back and nicked the ball off them and that was near our own box to then set up an attack. If he's already learning to do that after barely playing any substantial amount of time then it can only be a good sign.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A Roma fan said he never defends and it'll be something he never does.

Today proved different. One bit where he tracked back and nicked the ball off them and that was near our own box to then set up an attack. If he's already learning to do that after barely playing any substantial amount of time then it can only be a good sign.

I said at the time when we signed him that defensively he is underrated and will fit in will here, one of the Turkish posters said I was talking rubbish hahahaaa.

• Haha 2