Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

13 hours ago, Mawuli said:

A poor mans anthony knockeart I genuinely hate this forum sometimes,we talk so much nonsense

You just hope no body connected with LCFC reads it. Remember he played at the Bernstein and had the Real Madrid defence for breakfast about year ago. He’s a young player in a new country in a new league. Give the lad a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

It was the 'poor mans Anthony Knockaert' bit. So while he's saying not judging, he is actually judging him compared to a player that didn't play much (or at all?) in the Premier League for us. Therefore basing an opinion on him after only an hour's worth of football and not rating him highly enough to a player that hasn't amounted to much since leaving us after our Championship promotion :dunno: (I'm aware Knockaert did have his personal struggles in this time to be fair). 

We all judge people, I've judged his performances so far and he's been very very Meh. Doesn't mean I've made a judgement on how his career is going to go from here for us. 

9 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Seems like a bit of a greedy player based on the tiny amount we've seen so far. Maybe that's a good thing if we need someone to go and take a chance, but time will tell. Be nice to see him get a start. Definitely got talent.  

I think this is just symptomatic of him trying to prove himself. He's desperate to show us what he can do, it's only natural when joining a club. Once he's settled and feels he's contributing, I bet he'll be less 'greedy' with his opportunities.

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

How anyone can have a positive or negative opinion of the guy in a Leicester shirt already is beyond me. 

I definitely think there are times you can tell when someone radiates quality immediately, Fofana and Castagne for example in their first few appearances you can just tell there's quality there. 

But Under has had two short cameos, one wildly out of position, seriously lacking in game time and fitness, where he's not really had much of the game to work with. 

I'm genuinely baffled by anyone either writing him off OR singing his praises for either showing. 

You can see there's some quality there; definitely. Not long after coming on last night we threaded a lovely ball through the eye of a needle with perfect weight.

He's a bit rusty and needs to learn our system and gel with his team mates, but I reckon he's going to be excellent for us.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I think this is just symptomatic of him trying to prove himself. He's desperate to show us what he can do, it's only natural when joining a club. Once he's settled and feels he's contributing, I bet he'll be less 'greedy' with his opportunities.

That would make sense, and hope it is the case as it's not a trait many of our players have. Just thought I remembered someone saying it about him before he came too. 

Guest Hansifüx

I have watched all games he played for Roma. And maybe it will make you happy  to hear that this was one of his worst performances I have seen so far. He was much more selfish than usually, he was somewhat lost in the middle of the field with him and his team mates running into each others paths. He also looked as if he has heavy legs from training hard. This was a performance similar to what you see from him in a preseason game when you have to train in the morning and play in the evening ... But I can already see that he will have an impact and this will work out. He can read the offensive game well. I suspect that Barnes and him will work well once they understand each other. They have a similar style of direct offensive play.  

Shocking for me was the position he was asked to play. For me it makes no sense to play him there but maybe BR and his team see something else in him, maybe the pace he has is needed there ... I don't know ....  he definitely can provide very sharp and precise passes, but he usually stays away from any aerial duels or actually any physical contact which will be very hard playing central. He is still young and potentially can be reshaped. But I hope this was just an exception.

The reason it didn't work in Roma this season was because he was not used as a right winger, the Roma coach's system required him to play more central and more defensive, which suited Zaniolo's style of play. To be fair, I think he got better in that position towards the end but before that  he was one of the best right wingers in the world (in my opinion). I wish the trainers would stop turning him into something else ...  I hope he will get  game time as a right winger as soon as possible also for him to have a few games to get back into that role and re-establish some routine moves and runs. He also needs to be reminded that one of his key aims is providing assists. 

He hasn't scored for a while (including his international games), which is unusual for him, I suspect that is also a reason for why he acts so selfish.

Anyway,  I look forward to seeing better performances in the coming weeks.     

3 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

Shocking for me was the position he was asked to play.

I've got to be honest, I thought it was weird leaving Praet out wide and having Under play central. Not sure what Rodgers was doing there. 

I think in Rodgers head we were playing a diamond so Praet was supposed to be more RCM. In that case I can sorta see the logic but it absolutely wasn't how we were playing at all. Praet was still pretty much a winger. 

The whole "formation" was just one very fluid chaotic mess in the last half hour with players just basically running everywhere. At the end of the day the game was over after two nil tbqh so it didn't really matter. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Babylon said:

He literally said "But needs more time to get up to speed. Sitting on fence with this one."

Not sure what the issue is here, he's basically saying he's not looked great, but clearly understands he needs time. Which are both true. 

Yes thats exactly what I am saying. Mind you I do accept that people read the context of a statement differently.  My comparisons to Knockaert I stand by but maybe the 'poor mans' was a bit over the top. I am looking forward to seeing how he develops.

Edited by wokinghamfox
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

I have watched all games he played for Roma. And maybe it will make you happy  to hear that this was one of his worst performances I have seen so far. He was much more selfish than usually, he was somewhat lost in the middle of the field with him and his team mates running into each others paths. He also looked as if he has heavy legs from training hard. This was a performance similar to what you see from him in a preseason game when you have to train in the morning and play in the evening ... But I can already see that he will have an impact and this will work out. He can read the offensive game well. I suspect that Barnes and him will work well once they understand each other. They have a similar style of direct offensive play.  

Shocking for me was the position he was asked to play. For me it makes no sense to play him there but maybe BR and his team see something else in him, maybe the pace he has is needed there ... I don't know ....  he definitely can provide very sharp and precise passes, but he usually stays away from any aerial duels or actually any physical contact which will be very hard playing central. He is still young and potentially can be reshaped. But I hope this was just an exception.

The reason it didn't work in Roma this season was because he was not used as a right winger, the Roma coach's system required him to play more central and more defensive, which suited Zaniolo's style of play. To be fair, I think he got better in that position towards the end but before that  he was one of the best right wingers in the world (in my opinion). I wish the trainers would stop turning him into something else ...  I hope he will get  game time as a right winger as soon as possible also for him to have a few games to get back into that role and re-establish some routine moves and runs. He also needs to be reminded that one of his key aims is providing assists. 

He hasn't scored for a while (including his international games), which is unusual for him, I suspect that is also a reason for why he acts so selfish.

Don’t worry Rodgers has a habit of playing players out of there rightful positions.

25 minutes ago, danfox76 said:

Reckon he'll be quality once he settles in. 

Absolutely. He’s already first team quality in relation to his passing, movement and ability to read the game. He just needs to find form, fitness and confidence - I don’t think his ability has ever been in question.

Comparisons with Ghezzal are quite frankly embarrassing.

19 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Seems like a bit of a greedy player based on the tiny amount we've seen so far. Maybe that's a good thing if we need someone to go and take a chance, but time will tell. Be nice to see him get a start. Definitely got talent.  

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Mahrez was greedy. Sometimes you need it. 

• Like 2

On 23/10/2020 at 14:46, Hansifüx said:

What is it with some clubs and managers, they buy a particular player on the grounds that they look very good and excel playing in a particular position. No sooner do they buy them they then try and change them and when it doesn’t work out, the player is suddenly deemed crap and surplus to requirements. 

There are of course always exceptions to the rule occasionally, by very astute managers like Wenger who converted Henri from winger to forward but, more often than not, round pegs fit round holes.

Early days but I hope this young lad is given a chance in his rightful position. Don't buy a winger if you don't intend to use one. Early days yet.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Thanks 1