Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

32 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Looks a fish out of water in premier league. Thank god it was a loan only. Still bags of time to make it work but no initial burst on scene sadly.

What a load of bollocks being straight. Perhaps we should judge your eating skills on how well you take a first swig of tea in the morning. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Haha 2

He adds something our squad lacks. His real value is not in games like this anyhow -- we need him for sides that park the bus, playing in Castagne on his right or Vards and Barnes on his left. 

Speaking of wings, if we can ever get fit, would love to see the Soyuncu/Evans/Fofa back 3 with Castagne and Pereira in support of Barnes and Under -- say a prayer to Hygieia, lads. If we can just make it to the knockout stages, we will be one of the top sides in the tourney if healthy. 

The thing that encourages me with Ünder is you can see what he's about within 20 seconds of him coming on - direct, aggressive drives forward, stretching the game, and a threat in and around the box. I like the pace he plays the game at and he's always pushing forwards. I also like the deliveries he's put in from a couple free kicks so far too. Plenty enough to be encouraged by so far. Once he has had more time to learn our game and gel with the squad I think he'll be just fine.

• Like 2

A few lovely weighted passes, one of which was especially good. His coming on pretty much coincided with the three play makers coming off and our play stepping down a gear. So he wasn't involved as much as he could've been with the opposition having a little more possession in the final 15 minutes. 

With Perez being garbage of late I hope we see a lot more of him.

He made a lovely weighted pass to Castagne who fed Nacho around the 70 minute mark, and had quite a few touches like that, which we don't often see from Perez, Albrighton or Gray. He's definitely got the quality, we just need to get behind him. It's probably good for him the fans aren't there so they can't boo him! Hopefully by the time we are allowed back in he will be the Turkish Harvey Barnes but with better finishing!

• Like 2

I’ll be honest, my initial reaction isn’t I’m blown away. At times you wanted him to release the ball a tad earlier.

Still we’ve seen him for 50 minutes, so you don’t know if he’s trying to make things happen himself to stake a claim. We’ll have a better opinion overall in a months time I’d like to think. 

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Bore off. You 100% only base football on how FIFA works. 

You judge pro footballers on what you see. That is how I see Under after a couple of appearances and his style is similar to Knockaerts. I cant see him pulling up trees and had he been that good do you think that Roma would've let him go that easily.?.

Sorry but I am sitting on the fence here and by the way I have'nt played on Fifa since the first version in 1994.

13 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

You judge pro footballers on what you see. That is how I see Under after a couple of appearances and his style is similar to Knockaerts. I cant see him pulling up trees and had he been that good do you think that Roma would've let him go that easily.?.

Sorry but I am sitting on the fence here and by the way I have'nt played on Fifa since the first version in 1994.

He's played 30 mins each as a sub, if that!! Why are you judging him so quickly?! 

Thought he looked good last night in his brief time playing, surprising to see how well he played in that 10 role and thought he worked hard out of possession too.

Give him 4-6 weeks more adjusting to his teammates, tactics, culture and English football, and I can see him becoming a very important player for us.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

He's played 30 mins each as a sub, if that!! Why are you judging him so quickly?! 

He literally said "But needs more time to get up to speed. Sitting on fence with this one."

Not sure what the issue is here, he's basically saying he's not looked great, but clearly understands he needs time. Which are both true. 

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He literally said "But needs more time to get up to speed. Sitting on fence with this one."

Not sure what the issue is here, he's basically saying he's not looked great, but clearly understands he needs time. Which are both true. 

I think it was more the ‘poor mans Antony Knockaert’ comment.  The Knockaert who is only Championship level at best, and Under who played in Serie A and has numerous international caps.

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It was the 'poor mans Anthony Knockaert' bit. So while he's saying not judging, he is actually judging him compared to a player that didn't play much (or at all?) in the Premier League for us. Therefore basing an opinion on him after only an hour's worth of football and not rating him highly enough to a player that hasn't amounted to much since leaving us after our Championship promotion :dunno: (I'm aware Knockaert did have his personal struggles in this time to be fair). 

• Like 1