Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

1 minute ago, talking_goldfish said:

Just this.

giphy.gif

This was such a brilliant pass and shows his class. It's on the same level as Tielemans and Maddison!

I've been really impressed by Under. I know he was *very* highly rated as a youngster which is why Monchi brought him for Roma, but I didn't think he was this fast, nor this intelligent. You can see he already has a connection with Vardy, and well look at what happened the last time we had a left footed right winger that connected well with Vardy! 2 assists already and Vardy should have buried that chance to make it 3!

This guy needs to be a staple of our starting 11 sooner rather than later, just adds a completely different dimension to our attack in the final 3rd, i think tielemans and maddison will benefit the most, having someone else other than vardy making intelligent runs in behind is making their jobs as creators so much easier.

• Like 2

International break is probably come at the wrong time for him. I would like to think, judging by his performances so far, that a lack of match fitness is the only thing keeping him out of the starting 11. Shame that the most pointless international break will come next week just as he's finding his feet. 

Could work the other way round of course, and give him a little extra time to get some sharpness, but he does look like he could have a very nice way of working with Tielemans, Vardy and Maddison 

Has played a major part in us getting 6 points from 6. And yet it could be argued overall that he has made the least impact of our 3 new signings!:D

Shows you how good the recruitment has been so far. 

A bit like Barnes 18 months ago. May go through peaks and troughts but could be a real handful for teams once settled. Looks to have serious potential.

Edited by Blue ROI

He looks great, 2 assists in 69 minutes of PL football. He got 66 minutes last time out against Athens, so I expect he'll get a good run out against Braga too. By the end of them month he'll be about ready to play the full 90 if required IMO, not sure we'll want him to do this though, looks the sort of player to run rings round the opposition for 65-75 minutes and then come off.

4 hours ago, talking_goldfish said:

Just this.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This was such a brilliant pass and shows his class. It's on the same level as Tielemans and Maddison!

I've been really impressed by Under. I know he was *very* highly rated as a youngster which is why Monchi brought him for Roma, but I didn't think he was this fast, nor this intelligent. You can see he already has a connection with Vardy, and well look at what happened the last time we had a left footed right winger that connected well with Vardy! 2 assists already and Vardy should have buried that chance to make it 3!

The fact we're already seeing themselves on the same wavelength is such a positive sign.

We know Vardy has the intelligence to time the run but it's now good to know Under already has that intelligence and vision to time the pass with the correct weight as well. Vardy will thrive off that. And Barnes too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We know Vardy has the intelligence to time the run but it's now good to know Under already has that intelligence and vision to time the pass with the correct weight as well. Vardy will thrive off that. And Barnes too.

Dzeko has had a great career and done the business at many good clubs so I don't want to be disrespectful but it seems obvious that Under is a much better fit with a striker like Vardy.

11 hours ago, Sedat said:

Good thing is Caglar and cengiz they both very young and they can play long years 

give some credit to cengiz after few weeks he will be same as like caglar

He's already impressing us. Probably "only" got a 7/10 for his performance yesterday but still provided an assist and had Maddison played him in at the end of the second half could have got his first goal for us. He's clearly an upgrade on what we had and fits the system well, and it would be a shock not to sign him permanently. 

• Like 1

I love watching defenders backpedaling as he dribbles at them. Rodgers must be over the moon that he has another attacker with that kind of aggression. Really want to see Vardy, Under, and Barnes working together. I know its coming. Will we pull out the 433 again. Liverpool?

He didn't play in his natural winger position. I think Brendan Rogers is trying to explore his hidden abilities to see if he can use Under maybe as #8 and #10. I have never seen Under play in the center of the midfield for Roma and his national team.

Mancunianfox said "Dzeko has had a great career and done the business at many good clubs so I don't want to be disrespectful but it seems obvious that Under is a much better fit with a striker like Vardy."

Under linked with Dzeko really well under Euesebio Di Francesco. I would be pleased if he does link with Vardy as well. Then, we can make the comparison between the two. Anyhow, this is what I said when his move from Roma was finalized back in September:

Oh man, I can't believe Cengiz Under will be playing for LCFC! During a discussion here last year. I bragged a little bit about this young player. I am all smiling and so excited to watch him. It feels like getting Mo Salah to LCFC. I am not saying Under is as good as Mo Salah. Just that, this is a tremendous signing.  I would have never thought Under would really come to play for LCFC, no disrespect. I always thought if he ever played in the Premier League, it was going to be one of the London or Manchester Clubs. Really, really happy for LCFC. I hope he stays injury free. The Premier League is just for his style. He's incredibly fast and great at beating defenders in 1-on-1 situations. He's got long range accurate shots, crosses and etc. I know some mentioned of Perisic, and I really really like Perisic but I would have picked Under on any day vs Perisic because Under is younger, faster, takes better shots, and a better dribbler.

18 September by TimT

Edited by TimT
  • Like 3