Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

6 minutes ago, copunk said:

It may cost us eventually at some point but what I love about him is his bravery to try anything and the confidence he has, the assist for Vardy is outrageous and as others have said his through ball for Vardys one on one was sublime

Hes at the wrong end of the field to have it cost us anything of consequence. If he had played in the first half we might have had 3 more goals with the creativity he has vs. Barnes or Vardy by themselves. His ability to see and make space for others is unequaled on this club.

He looks a different kinda gravy, Gray's absense not been missed, even off the bench where he occasionally looked promising and Perez has been pushed well down the pecking order too. 

As much as I love Sharkey I dream of the day we have a Barnes vardy under starting front 3. 

• Thanks 1

I honestly don't know what was dripping in more sauce - the touch from Maddison to set up his through ball or the chipped assist from Under. 

I like a lot about Under's game from early showings. His work rate and aggressive tracking back is much better than I thought it would be and makes him a bigger asset to the team. I love his positivity, eagerness to drive forwards quickly, pace and trickery. We're integrating him well and he's made some telling contributions already, not least two assists which were - frankly - absolutely disgusting. 

Nah the sexiest bit is the way he lulls the defender into a full sense of security, sees Madders pick up the ball and darts into the space cos he knows the pass is coming...

Everything about that goal is so intelligent. Remember thinking the same with the Castagne to Vardy goal against Man City.

We’ve got some really intelligent players on the books.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Shows us that we've wasted a year and £30m with Perez on the wing. Perez got 4 assists last season and Under has reached half of that total without even starting a league game.

Bit harsh on perez he also was out second highest scorer with 8 goals. So 12 goals and assists combined. 

PS I'm not sticking up for perez here he throughly deserves to be on the bench at the moment. 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Nah the sexiest bit is the way he lulls the defender into a full sense of security, sees Madders pick up the ball and darts into the space cos he knows the pass is coming...

Everything about that goal is so intelligent. Remember thinking the same with the Castagne to Vardy goal against Man City.

We’ve got some really intelligent players on the books.

Thought that as well! For the chance he created where Vardy didn’t convert, he wanted to play him in straight away but realised he was offside so held it up.

However he kept his head up and realised the pass was still on but just a moment later! Great composure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

He's got real quality. That's two assists that I don't think anyone else in our squad could have delivered. Can't wait to see his cuteness and Barnes directness lining up either side of Vardy from the start.

The really ironic thing is, I think the only player who could provide those assist would he Vardy. 

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx
7 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm confused.... isn't this fella supposed to be left footed?! That's two classy assists from his right boot in the last two league games. 

Yes, but his right foot his good enough for him to shoot and score from outside the box. I think it is due to the academy he comes from ( same as Cags) they are trained that way from young age becoming able to use both feet efficiently ... this was explained in a documentary about the football academy ...

anyway, there is more to come he does have surprisingly lot of  power in his left and is used to score from distance,  I assume now that he has provided assists we will soon see him also hammering one in from long distance.  I am happy he is doing well and I assume the Turkish league might become more interesting for getting players from for the PL teams. I think League 1 and 2 in France have already realised that there are some talented and cheap players  and bought a couple of them the last 2 seasons. Of course it is still a bit of a gamble.

Edited by Hansifüx