Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

22 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Writing off a highly rated, young, international winger after 60 minutes of game time demonstrates how pig-shit stupid some elements of our support are. 

It seems clear that Under will need time to get up to speed and adapt.  Rodgers has already said that he needs to be patient and so do we.

That said, I'm not sure that I have read anybody writing him off?   We shouldn't censor ourselves.  As long as expectations are tempered I don't see what is wrong with people giving their first impressions of him.  We are allowed to rave about Fofana based on two games but we are not allowed to have an opinion on how Under is doing?  

I haven't even seen him play yet but I expect him to be lacking in sharpness and match fitness and may struggle early on.  He will only get up to speed with minutes.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

Shocking for me was the position he was asked to play. For me it makes no sense to play him there but maybe BR and his team see something else in him,

Oh god. Not again. Him and Perez should start a support group.

Regarding his brief appearance, he looked too desperate to impress.

But there’s not been nearly enough game to judge. And most though Ricardo was defensively shakey for about half of his first season.

20 hours ago, Nick said:

Absolutely. He’s already first team quality in relation to his passing, movement and ability to read the game. He just needs to find form, fitness and confidence - I don’t think his ability has ever been in question.

Comparisons with Ghezzal are quite frankly embarrassing.

Did you get embarrassed by that reference to him being like Ghezzal? 

Wow! 
Some people are more odd than I thought. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceirboy said:

Did you get embarrassed by that reference to him being like Ghezzal? 

Wow! 
Some people are more odd than I thought. 

I think comparative references are pretty stupid, yeah. If that makes me odd in your view then so be it.

He looks to me like he has the type of physique that means he struggles to gain sharpness quickly. Fergie always used to talk about the differences in say Giggs, compared to Rooney in this regard. I think players who have a more “stocky” build sometimes have to work harder to get up to speed. I think if he can stay injury free and get some game time we’ll start to see the best of him in November. Too early to see him start today I think we need a more defensively astute player to deal with AFC’s strong left wing. 

• Like 1