Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Have to say I was expecting less than what we’ve seen so far so I am really looking forward to what’s in store.

He’s direct, likes a shot and has already shown he can find a team mate for a chance. Hopefully there is more to come. I do like that he seems to pop a shot without much back lift too. That’s bound to see him bagging a few from the edge of the box.

Under and Ricky P is something to get excited about.

• Like 4

Just have a feeling he's a short term fix, unless he rips up it from now and the end of the season I think we have other Irons in the fire. After a season of no fans a lot if clubs in France, Portugal and Spain will be offloading players 

I like him, another day he nets against Braga.

He's two assists for Vardy against Leeds and Arsenal were class.

He does one thing that no one other then Maddison does and thats shot from range.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Lets see how he gets on playing consistently in the first team. We were utterly useless in the first half against Braga, we could not get the ball to Barnes or Under in dangerous areas. I like him though, think he will work well with Ricardo too.

I agree and yet they still got a goal and should have got another between them in that 1st half. Shows their danger IMO

Such a frustrating player. Obviously has bags of talent, but also capable of looking awful. We were spoilt with Riyad really, but I do like Cengiz. He will be a really good test of Brendon's coaching ability as there is definitely a player in there.

Should have buried the 1 on 1. Went the wrong side of the keeper for me, should have rolled it in to the near post.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mawuli said:

Surprised nobody's talking about him

Had them on genuine strings at points and very unlucky not to have a brace

I thought he was simultaneously our best and worst player on the pitch! At times he was full of delightful flicks, great passes and making things happen in the final third. At others he executed the final ball badly, made a poor decision or fluffed his lines like with his one on one. 

But there is definitely a good player in there. I think he's trying too hard at the moment, a bit like Barnes earlier in his career. I think if he gets a goal he might well go on a bit of a streak and he hasn't yet had a continued run in the side. Seeing him and Ricardo play together is exciting... it will take time for them to develop an understanding, but if we go back to 4141 like last season and Under as the right inside forward with Riccy overlapping him... that could be very saucy indeed. Under is an intelligent player and sees things that not many others on our team do. Tielemans / Maddison / Praet are our most creative passers, but I'd have Under as the next best of our forward players, though Ricardo and Castagne are good at it too.

If you compare him to Gray or Perez, he looks way better as that sort of player already. The next Mahrez he is not, but he could be a 10 goals + 10 assists a season player for sure. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

but if we go back to 4141 like last season and Under as the right inside forward with Riccy overlapping him...

I think it was Danny Simpson at half time last night said about how for some reason Riccy wasn’t doing his bombing overlapping runs last night and was sitting deeper like a defensive full back, most likely instructions from physios/rodgers to try and ease him back in and protect him

The problem is that it meant most of the time Under was regularly doubled or sometimes tripled up on with no real outlet for him down the right so regularly came in with his left foot and with players crowding him out he would just go for the take a touch to get a bit of space and shoot

But I am sure once Riccy gets back into the swing of things we will back to the balls in from the byline from Riccy and also more space for Under to do what he wants when coming inside

• Like 3

Under is the player you all have been begging for for at least 2 years. The real deal. And we could use another couple like him. He's the type of player whose going to solve the transition from Vardy to the Future.

I have all the patience in the world for him considering the level of creativity and attacking talent in the club. Don't care if he makes mistakes. That's what he's paid for. To take chances. To provide that bit of magic that provides that final pass or goal. He's the only player at the club who can dribble at a man or two, beat them and still have 'control' of the ball to shoot or pass. The only one.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Hes nowhere near as bad as Gray, but nowhere near as good as Riyad. So whilst he's a step forward its difficult to get excited about him - I was really excited when he signed but I'm unsure if I'd sign him permanently in the summer.

Out of interest, who do you realistically think we could get who is anywhere near as good as Riyad? 

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think it was Danny Simpson at half time last night said about how for some reason Riccy wasn’t doing his bombing overlapping runs last night and was sitting deeper like a defensive full back, most likely instructions from physios/rodgers to try and ease him back in and protect him

The problem is that it meant most of the time Under was regularly doubled or sometimes tripled up on with no real outlet for him down the right so regularly came in with his left foot and with players crowding him out he would just go for the take a touch to get a bit of space and shoot

But I am sure once Riccy gets back into the swing of things we will back to the balls in from the byline from Riccy and also more space for Under to do what he wants when coming inside

Could also be that Ricardo doesn't have to go on the rampaging runs as much.

Under is still a bit undercooked (no pun intended) but has a bit more get up and go at teams that Ghezzal, Gray and Perez lack. Often Ricardo was bypassing them to setup attacks.

If we can get the best out of Under then Ricardo may not be as prone to get forward