Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Given everything that has happened this year and still having growing numbers of covid cases across Europe, its absolutely ridiculous that international football is still being played, especially friendlies. Players have had little to no pre season and the club calendar is already cram packed but yet uefa/fifa still insist on internationals. Its about time the players stood up and said enough is enough. They get their lavish lifestyles and nice pay packets from playing for clubs not for countries. 

I also know that I probably sound like an entitled little t*at as I am supporting a team top of the league, competing in Europe and has a squad full on international stars. Dont think I'd have  been arsed when we were in championship/league 1 😂

I might be flying off on one here but my view is that the players should be given a veto depending on how they and the club feel about their physical situation I.e. prior/post minor injurys whilst at the club. Just for this year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I might be flying off on one here but my view is that the players should be given a veto depending on how they and the club feel about their physical situation I.e. prior/post minor injurys whilst at the club. Just for this year.

Agreed, not a chance Evans should be in the NI squad when hes been injured most of the season. He seems very patriotic though and would play for NI no matter what 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

Is he actually left footed, not seen him use it much for his dominant leg 

..quite a weird thing, same thing I was thinking!!!

He has got a very good left and very much Mahrez like in his play regarding cutting in on his left. He would have been a revelation last season in the Perez role but should we maintain the formation we presently use, it seems  he is more an impact sub.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Agreed, not a chance Evans should be in the NI squad when hes been injured most of the season. He seems very patriotic though and would play for NI no matter what 

Exactly! When we signed the captain of the NI senior national team, we didn’t expect him to be available for one (or some) of their most important competitive games. :ph34r:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Exactly! When we signed the captain of the NI senior national team, we didn’t expect him to be available for one (or some) of their most important competitive games. :ph34r:

Its not the point. If he isnt fit he shouldn't play. Hes missed a fair amount of games for us this season and at the end of the day, we pay his wages. If he ends up getting injured and being out for a while because he plays tonight when hes not fit then it's a joke. If he is fully fit then its fine, but he hasn't looked fully fit since last season. 

18 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Its not the point. If he isnt fit he shouldn't play. Hes missed a fair amount of games for us this season and at the end of the day, we pay his wages. If he ends up getting injured and being out for a while because he plays tonight when hes not fit then it's a joke. If he is fully fit then its fine, but he hasn't looked fully fit since last season. 

Tbh, it’s probably not a black and white decision, so the staff ask the player and then it is down to how he feels.

27 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

National teams cannot compel injured players (even ones with minor injuries) to play - however important the game is (and thus international players regularly and routinely pull out of internationals). The most that a national team can do is seek verification of a reported injury. Nonetheless, just as players routinely do in domestic competition throughout the season, a player can elect to play an important international game with a ‘niggling’ injury.

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

It's Ayose who should be worried.

I prematurely liked your comment before remembering he isn't a true winger. He definitely has a place in the team, just not in that position. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fox42 said:

I prematurely liked your comment before remembering he isn't a true winger. He definitely has a place in the team, just not in that position. 

Brendan Rodgers is the only person on earth who thinks he is a winger. I like Ayose, and think he is an option for a plan B or C, but he will have problems filling a staring role in either of our favoured formations.

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

It's Ayose who should be worried.

Ayoze hasn't started a game for weeks it's actually Praet that should be worried in the current system allthough 2 very different players.

I'm not convinced Rodgers would play barnes vardy under in the same team he often recently talks about games turning into basketball matches I think he likes one of his front 3 to be more reliable from a shape/defensive duties stand point hence why ayoze and now praet have played so much. 

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Ayoze's lost his position on the wing to maddison/praet already, his future at the club hasnt been looking bright for a while now, cengiz or not.

Sell in January