Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Italian clubs are weirdo's and wingers haven't done that well at Roma in recent seasons but it was fairly common knowledge that with Ünder his injuries seemed to stall his career and with Roma needing funds, albeit not guaranteed with us being able to convince them to accept an option to buy rather than an obligation, but still they felt they had to do it. Our gain by the looks of it! He's pure sauce.

In the 21st Century we whould be calling this out for what it is.

Thinly veiled and opportunistic far-right Brexit bigotry, playing to the idea that Italians are irrational, over-emotional pasta eating morons who don't know what they're doing. Outrageous. But then, I lie back and I think of Watford and it makes sense. 

He's a mild perinaise so far I'd say. Flaming hot is probably beyond him, but he's certainly got potential to take it up a notch or two.

:wasyl:

Edited by ajthefox
Brexit. Remember that? Fooking Covid.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like the model of buying proven youth wonder kid quality that have just for whatever reason flopped a bit after their big move and getting them in and turning them back on to trajectory - which is usually just about confidence, opportunity and an arm round the shoulder.

• Like 1

Funny how so many people have changed their minds in one or two ways . When we signed Youri  so many people said what’s  the point of a loan it’s a waste of time . And secondly on Under and I quote ‘he’s a poor mans Knockaert ‘

Edited by baldeagle

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Funny how so many people have changed their minds in one or two ways . When we signed Youri  so many people said what’s  the point of a loan it’s a waste of time . And secondly on Under and I quote ‘he’s a poor mans Knockaert ‘

A loan with an option to buy is completely different.

People should really watch people play a bit before commenting! 😃

9 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Still turned out ok with Youri I said at the time it would give us an advantage in signing him permanently. 
And definitely 

it did turn out alright, true.... I personally though we had no chance of signing him! Option to buy is a different ball game.

• Like 2

On 17/11/2020 at 17:31, ajthefox said:

I've already alluded to my knowledge of european football is poor (the NFL has taken over!)

The NFL has taken over European football?!   The absolute cheek.

EvilJerry.JPG.0fcfbac9cb7db8f14c42ac34ab74b9e6.JPG   Next thing you know, he'll be coming for the Prem.

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

The NFL has taken over European football?!   The absolute cheek.

EvilJerry.JPG.0fcfbac9cb7db8f14c42ac34ab74b9e6.JPG   Next thing you know, he'll be coming for the Prem.

Fulham's keeper will be playing QB for the Jags before the season is out, mark my words!

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Why?  He should have finished his sitter, true (though Matheus made an incredibly lucky save) but I thought Ünder created quite a bit.  He also tracked back very well and was pretty effective in a high press.

...Cengiz is a terrific player and I want to see him in the 3 upfront  or on the Right Wing!!!

He is getting intermittent game time and looks like he has not settled as yet, I know he will be hitting 15 goals + assists this season, I feel he really is that good.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Cengiz is a terrific player and I want to see him in the 3 upfront  or on the Right Wing!!!

He is getting intermittent game time and looks like he has not settled as yet, I know he will be hitting 15 goals + assists this season, I feel he really is that good.

15 goals?😂😂...

Can I have something you're on please.

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

He said goals + assists. Harvey hit >15 g/a last season. Could easily see Ünder doing it.

5 minutes ago, Criggers said:

I think they meant combined, goals + assists.

This. 

I think he's good enough but I think he might be struggling to hit those numbers this year, given what he's missed already. At this rate I'd be surprised if he gets a good run of starts, which he desperately needs, before Christmas. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

How anyone can be judging Under before he's had a run of consecutive starts in the Prem is beyond me. 

He's clearly shown flashes of promise but also looks hugely rusty and a bit behind the others in fitness, which Rodgers has said. 

The people dismissing him as rubbish already are just the usual predictable morons. 

I'm  not judging him yet. But in think it's  valid  to Express  first  impressions.and my first impressions are underwhelming (no pun intended)

He looks about the level of Perez or Gray. In fact he has attributes  and weaknesses of both. Which is no shame. But not exactly the upgrade we were all hoping for

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm  not judging him yet. But in think it's  valid  to Express  first  impressions.and my first impressions are underwhelming (no pun intended)

He looks about the level of Perez or Gray. In fact he has attributes  and weaknesses of both. Which is no shame. But not exactly the upgrade we were all hoping for

Gray last season had 3 assists all season and Ünder has 3 assists despite playing 90 mins a collection of 0 times. To say he is like Perez or gray is Abit insulting

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He already has 3 assists which was the entire total Gray got last season and only 1 less than Perez. The lad has barely got out of 2nd gear yet either, but as could be seen in the recent international break that he is building up his form and fitness. Cant wait until Castagne, Ricardo and Ndidi are back and we can look to move back to 4-1-4-1 at times and destroy the dross in this league.

• Like 4